Rawlings?

Remove this Banner Ad

pete_hawker

Senior List
May 3, 2003
Other Teams
Hawkers
As many of u would know, Jade Rawlings has been dropped from the Bulldogs?
so i ask two questions:
1. Do you think we made the right move to let him go?
2. I'm jumping the gun obviously cause everyone get dropped, but would you want him back.
As i said every player goes out of form and needs to go back to their VFL/SANFL/WAFL..... club. so wat ur opinion.
like croad was played out of position at fremantle, i've always thought that playing up foward isn't their best football.
so ur thoughts....

For some reason, when Rawlings was on the market everyone kept saying he was a key forward, but Hawk fans knew he wasn't. He was in great touch and the Hawks needed someone to win the ball in the air up forward so they tried Rawlings there. Even after a good year he was still only a 30 goal forward.

I don't know if it's just the guernsey, but I think he has put on some beef since joining the Bulldogs and I don't think it's helping him, he doesn't seem to have that spring he had at Hawthorn.

Interesting how his drop in form came around the time he got married ... coincidence? :D

Rawlings maybe near the end of his career. I suspect his knee is still a problem and it constantly hampers him .... he will be of little value on the market. He is yesteryear's man as far as our club is concerned.

My energy goes in to observing our youngsters' development and their melding in with our established players and hope that our turnaround will switch onto success mode.

I've forgotten about Rawlings .... his main concern in leaving us was to fatten his wallet to assist his married life. Let's move on.

Adelaide Hawk said:
For some reason, when Rawlings was on the market everyone kept saying he was a key forward, but Hawk fans knew he wasn't. He was in great touch and the Hawks needed someone to win the ball in the air up forward so they tried Rawlings there. Even after a good year he was still only a 30 goal forward.

I don't know if it's just the guernsey, but I think he has put on some beef since joining the Bulldogs and I don't think it's helping him, he doesn't seem to have that spring he had at Hawthorn.

Interesting how his drop in form came around the time he got married ... coincidence? :D
yeah exactly. everyone at hawthorn knew him as a quality backman, who could pinch hit in a forward line, but was marketed as a forward, crazy stuff, has ruined him IMO. play him in the backline

JR has never got past the disappointment of not playing @ North. It seems the Bulldogs have never figured out where to play him & his desire looks to have evaporated quite a bit. Although he never was an accomplished straight shot at goals, I think his huge attack of the YIPS last season seriously damaged his confidence. I think his career @ Footscray is on borrowed time & he won't be able to salvage his confidence before he's traded or delisted.

LoneStar said:
JR has never got past the disappointment of not playing @ North. It seems the Bulldogs have never figured out where to play him & his desire looks to have evaporated quite a bit. Although he never was an accomplished straight shot at goals, I think his huge attack of the YIPS last season seriously damaged his confidence. I think his career @ Footscray is on borrowed time & he won't be able to salvage his confidence before he's traded or delisted.

He'll be traded to Kangas at end of the year, but with 1 year left on the deal, I reckon the Dogs will have to either pay a percentage of his salary or come up with a realy good offer e.g a third/fourth round pick.

I'm still filthy at him for leaving the Hawks. I hope he plays out the rest of his career in the seconds

I think Chick is a very talented and commited footballer, he seems to be struggling at West Coast by not being used in the middle which already houses Judd, Kerr and Cousins.

Thompson and Rawlings were always handy for us, taking a lot of contestec marks each, Rawlings could play back and forward while Thomson could float at fullforward and play in the ruck aswell.

Alex_au said:
We always seem to lose our good players to clubs

Jarman, Chick, Rawlings, Thompson.

But the thing is they r never as good as they were at hawthorn. We learnt with Holland and Harford to never sign huge salaries to player because they usually end up crap. Wouldnt mind seeing rawlings back in the brown and gold but i say he deserves it for leaving such a great club and maybe we shouldnt let him come crawling back...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bring on draft said:
The only "Good" player there is Jarman!

Chick would be Captain now if he'd of stayed. Rawlings would be Captain if he'd of stayed (allowing for the fact that Chick had already left) too. Thompson might well have been Captain if (after the other two had gone) he'd of stayed as well!!

They were all good players for us, Jarman was better than 'good' too.

Adelaide Hawk said:
I'm pretty sure it was Chick for Everitt.

It was actually Chick for pick 10 (which became pick 8 after Carlton's penalties) - Luke Brennan.

We used our first two picks, 8 and 24 (later becoming picks 6,22) on Everitt.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Keep going .... Allan, McPharlin, Ablett, Gowers, M.Robran.
Every team could name a list like that. All these players played their best footy with the Hawks,bar McPharlin(mummy's boy who wanted to leave) and Ablett(as good as he was, would never have fitted in at hawthorn. Went against everything that made our club so great).
Maybe we've just made the hard(and correct) calls on once great players.

It was actually Chick for pick 10 (which became pick 8 after Carlton's penalties) - Luke Brennan.

you're kidding? we gave away daniel chick just for a draft pick???

then how on earth did we get rehn?

i_love_boys said:

you're kidding? we gave away daniel chick just for a draft pick???

then how on earth did we get rehn?

We traded Draft Pick 12 to Adelaide for Shaun Rehn. Then Adelaide traded pick 12 to Port Adelaide for Matthew Bode. Port Adelaide picked up Shaun Burgoyne with that pick.

OneEyedHawk said:
Every team could name a list like that. All these players played their best footy with the Hawks,bar McPharlin(mummy's boy who wanted to leave) and Ablett(as good as he was, would never have fitted in at hawthorn. Went against everything that made our club so great).
Maybe we've just made the hard(and correct) calls on once great players.

I'll mention that list again: Allan, McPharlin, Ablett, Gowers, M.Robran.

We didn't make the call on any of them. They were all required players who left and we were powerless to stop them.

Iirc we got Harford with the pick used for Gowers (pick 8 or 9ish?), one win at least.

Allan was just offered a kings ransom, couldn't match it but we'd of done alright if we'd of selected S.King as the compensation pick for losing him (done even better if Essendon hadn't under-cut us to get Lloyd). :(

Like others, didn't begrude the Chook in the slightest after all the family tradgedy that he went through.

Ablett, well.. we all know the talent yet how disruptive or not he may have been if he remained.. guess that's something we can only speculate on.

But Robran and McPharlin.. not a lot of time for either of em.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rawlings?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back