Game Day Rd 1 Roos v Crows..3qt...That young bloke No 29 can play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first game in the last 3 years where I seriously think the Ziebell/Swallow/Cunnington is a liability. They are getting destroyed on the outside, even with Wells moving through there.

Boomer needs to lift, Garner needs to lift, Goldy needs to lift, Gibson needs to lift, Higgins needs to lift.

Swallow is a liability as he cant play anywhere else.

Gee our midfield looks pedestrian running the other way..
Because they dont!

They are ****ing horrible without ball in hand. Arm tackles, lacklustre chasing and leaving shit to do for the bloke next to you is a NM midfield specialty. Dont even mention the blind kicking/handballing...

Dysfunctional defense and forward line, clumpy ball use, too much space and not enough defensive accountability. We are working over time with not enough reward on the board, its been a fast half.

[QUOTE="kangaspurs, post: 43520637, member: 154778"
Apart from that I think we're actually playing quite well. It sounds silly but little things, like the bounce of the ball or hack kicks from Adelaide going straight to teammates have gone against us.[/QUOTE]

Yep every 50/50 ball except for the McMillan hand ball to Gibson running thru the middle have gone to Adelaide, every one!

This is the first game in the last 3 years where I seriously think the Ziebell/Swallow/Cunnington is a liability. They are getting destroyed on the outside, even with Wells moving through there.

Boomer needs to lift, Garner needs to lift, Goldy needs to lift, Gibson needs to lift, Higgins needs to lift.
I'd say Gibbo is going alright, agree on everything else though. Higgins, Harvey and Garner really need to get better, especially with Jed seemingly done.

Their outside guys are getting too much clean ball.

We are giving them way too much space across half forward out blokes are peeling off, giving them the easy footy so they can try clog the defensive 50.

Swallow, Cunnington and ziebell need to get on the outside and offer us something, it's all good if u can win the footy but having three players who struggle to defend when the footy is in the oppositions hand is hurting us so bad.

Need more from Harvey, garner, McMillan, Gibson and Higgins. Not enough quality footy from our outside guys.

Gibson, Swallow, Cunners, JZ, Anderson... I'm wondering if ones gotta go and we give Clarke (?e) a crack? Gut runner and natural accumulator

Seriously, we are a worse team when Ziebell gets a clearance. Whether it's blind handballs over his head into the corridor or hack kicks off the side of his boot that go sideways into the corridor after our players have run forward, we get punished on the rebound from Ziebell's clearances far too often. He's actually playing well apart from that but his clearances are appalling. It's no surprise we are so poor from scoring from clearances when that type of stuff happens, and even worse it crucifies us when it goes to the opposition.
Yep, everyone but Brad can see he's shyte in the clearances, and everyone but Brad can see we are crying out for a mid sized marking forward. It doesn't take much to work out how to fix our 'structures'.

Never mentioned my points i was just stating i even put him in because i thought he would have a good year. please calm down my post was nice and not trolling or anything.

Thanks for the nice response to my question appreciate it. Hope you guys can get up
Don't be too sensitive. People are cranky in game day threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree about Ziebell's mediocre clearance work most of the time, but I think he's been ok tonight. Finding a bit more space and penetrating long and direct, is also dishing off more handballs in tight than usual.

Never mentioned my points i was just stating i even put him in because i thought he would have a good year. please calm down my post was nice and not trolling or anything.

Thanks for the nice response to my question appreciate it. Hope you guys can get up

Your welcome, this can be a hostile place at times and im sure you can understand now isn't a great time for a lot of us. Most of us will acknowledge that your post wasn't aggressive at all. But as i said now isn't a great time so despite that you will probably still get harsh comments just for being here ;)

Yep, everyone but Brad can see he's shyte in the clearances, and everyone but Brad can see we are crying out for a mid sized marking forward. It doesn't take much to work out how to fix our 'structures'.
"Shut" in the clearances, didn't know you were Kiwi bro?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back