Game Day Rd 10 2013 St Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahmed Saad with only 3 disposals & Arryn Siposs 6. Not sure how much longer they'll be in side. Have really gone backwards this year

I love the commentary debate over whether that should have been paid a mark/free kick to Roo at half forward...

FFS Scott Thompson has his friggin arm wrapped around Nick's waist, then slaps his hands with the other. Open your eyes FFS
And what's his name reckon
Your fried we are rubbish that's why we're losing. Umpires haven't been any worse than normal. Your umpire bashing has become tiresome.
Any balanced individual, who's witnessed the umpiring we've experienced in the first ten games, wouldn't have a problem finding SIX decisions each game that have gone either against us or not paid..
And i've been to over 600 games of AFL footy, so i know exactly what i'm saying..!!

Currently the free kick count is 9 - 24..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what's his name reckon

Any balanced individual, who's witnessed the umpiring we've experienced in the first ten games, wouldn't have a problem finding SIX decisions each game that have gone either against us or not paid..
And i've been to over 600 games of AFL footy, so i know exactly what i'm saying..!!

Currently the free kick count is 9 - 24..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree fully: yes we are not that good but that is no excuse for the deplorable umpiring we see pretty much weekly at the moment. The umpirg standard in general is so poor across the AFL and for some inexplicable reason they seem to enjoy showing their worst (which is really, really bad) when they umpire us.

Agree fully: yes we are not that good but that is no excuse for the deplorable umpiring we see pretty much weekly at the moment. The umpirg standard in general is so poor across the AFL and for some inexplicable reason they seem to enjoy showing their worst (which is really, really bad) when they umpire us.

Gwilt's just not big enough to go with Petrie, I'd have shifted Stanley back
We were beaten once again before the first bounce..
Once the game commenced, their WAS NO DESIRE OR COMMITMENT it was plain to see..
And the quality of the umpiring, is just icing on the cake..!!

Well it wasn't 100+ so that's something yet it came across like a training drill so don't know how much to take from that.

Jack Steven, he's got a great afterburner but usually forgets to bounce while using it
Oh I see. Was a beautiful kick too and Stanley had his man done cold.

I know it was pretty much a dead rubber but I really liked seeing Stanley forward and in the ruck again, but all of Roo, Stanley, Hickey and Siposs was just too much height up forward IMO. If Stanley plays forward I don't see the need for Hickey in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get too despondent Saints. The first quarter was embarrassing just disgusting but I thought we were not too bad after then.

We were never going to win after that but scoring was reasonably even.

Siposs and Saad were woeful today but they weren't the lone rangers.

Umpires were woeful too with a 24-11 free kick count in North's favour which the commentators ignored as per usual.

I'm starting to lose faith in Watters as a coach both tactically and selection wise.

It might be time to put my hand up for the senior coaching role, I'd bring in Ledger and Spencer White straight away.

I might be lacking tactically but if I was allowed to drink bourbon and cokes in the coach's box I'd deliver some fearsome Barassi style sprays on the phone and at the quarter time breaks. Any team I coached would turn up to play and give 100% that's for sure.

The after game press conferences would be entertaining too with my sprays about the umpires, not sure St Kilda could afford to pay the fines every week though.

In all seriousness I wouldn't be against us bringing back Grant Thomas as coach, I wasn't in favour of his sacking and I loved the way we played under him. He's a passionate St Kilda person who is a great man manager and pretty astute tactically

It will probably never happen but it's worth considering.

Siposs and Saad were woeful today but they weren't the lone rangers.

Umpires were woeful too with a 24-11 free kick count in North's favour which the commentators ignored as per usual.

I'm starting to lose faith in Watters as a coach both tactically and selection wise.

It might be time to put my hand up for the senior coaching role, I'd bring in Ledger and Spencer White straight away.

I might be lacking tactically but if I was allowed to drink bourbon and cokes in the coach's box I'd deliver some fearsome Barassi style sprays on the phone and at the quarter time breaks. Any team I coached would turn up to play and give 100% that's for sure.

The after game press conferences would be entertaining too with my sprays about the umpires, not sure St Kilda could afford to pay the fines every week though.

In all seriousness I wouldn't be against us bringing back Grant Thomas as coach, I wasn't in favour of his sacking and I loved the way we played under him. He's a passionate St Kilda person who is a great man manager and pretty astute tactically

It will probably never happen but it's worth considering.

not sure you would have enough time in the 1/4 time break to extend your spray beyond the umpires

not sure you would have enough time in the 1/4 time break to extend your spray beyond the umpires

Plugger would get himself suspended during the intra-club (wouldn't even get to the NAB Cup)!!!

That might be true although I'd use the umpiring to breed an us against them mentality amongst the players, Braveheart style.

Plugger would get himself suspended during the intra-club (wouldn't even get to the NAB Cup)!!!

I might need to get a sensible assistant coach like you, Kildonan or L2MFG to keep me under control.:D

Plugger would get suspended in intra club match before pre-season matches start. These have umpires too.

Just want to say a few things.

I don't see why there is SOME criticism in regards to the recruitment of Hickey or a ruckman for that matter.
Do we all forget what happened last year when we played West Coast at Paterson's? We were forced to go into the game with only Kosi and Stanley available to play in the ruck (due to McEvoy being out with loose cartilage in his knee). Stanley started in the ruck and then immediately went down in first quarter injured. We were then absolutely mauled by the ruck tandem of Cox and Naitanui. Even before this game, which highlighted our sole reliance on McEvoy, most of the talk involved our ruck crisis. In the games that came afterwards, we had no option but to resort to a severely undersized Blake for the best part of a month.

My point is clearly we needed another ruckman to help McEvoy out and as trade period approached we were all jumping up and down with excitement over the potential recruitment of Hickey. We beat clubs to him and he's here. He's getting games and like the rest of our young recruits, they will need games and time before we will see the best of them. How else are they suppose to develop? Hickey is 22 and has shown signs, yes minimally that he will become a fantastic ruckman alongside McEvoy for the next 10 or so years. We have seen glimpses of his attributes so why are some so quick to be critical. Are we so unrealistic that we expected him to come in and make us a top 8 team straight away? He will constantly improve with games.

To the people who say that they saw no need for the recruitment of him considering we have Stanley and McEvoy, then take a look back at that West Coast "model". Two dominant ruckman in Naitanui and Cox as well two tall forwards in Kennedy and Darling. Sydney have Pyke, Mumford, Reid and Goodes. Not to mention Tippett to come in. Geelong played Vardy, West, Blicavs, Hawkins and Pods last night. These teams are cream of the crop. Yet some are saying we can not possibly field a team with McEvoy, Hickey, Stanley and Riewoldt (Lee) in it??? The only difference from the elite and us is that our group need games. I'm tired of reading the criticism (although small amounts) when clearly all that is needed is patience. Be happy we are moving in the correct direction with our list in terms of youth and show some support.

The same goes for the Watters criticism. The guy has inherited a rabble of a list with 5 or so champions. In my opinion he has been exceptional. We've seen more debutants and kids than we have seen for the best part of a decade. We are clearly in the right direction in terms of list strategy so let's be excited. 14/22 of our players today were less than 25. That is our future so let's embrace it.

GO SAINTS

P.S This is not directed at the vast majority of the people who post on here. I may have just written this in the hope that those who do will see this message and take something away from it. The reason is I caught a glimpse of footage from today of Watters walking the boundary line and some fans giving him some lip. He doesn't deserve that. He is highly respected in the industry from his time at Subiaco and Collingwood and we all need to show him full support. I hope the club realises that the members who actually matter completely support him and want him here for the next 3 to 5 years and onwards! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Rd 10 2013 St Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back