Rd 11 2013 St Kilda v WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a saints or an eagles fan and I just wanted to stop by and say what a disgrace that umpiring was. That is not an umpiring issue, it is a west coast issue. I have been banging on about it for 3 years now, week in week out they are gifted free kicks inside 50 to help them win games. it is not a conspiracy, it is not a feeling, it's just fact - plain and simple. Tonight was a perfect example. Umpires don't set out to favor them, but with all the ducking, diving, flopping, falling and faking - they become confused and start calling strange frees and start over calling everything. the 2 priddis frees and that little arm grab on cox all should have been let go in the context of the game.

brisbane were up on them last year and againts all odds, playing better. Westcoast were then rewarded with 12 frees to 2 in a third 1/4 of football, 6 frees inside 50, 4 of which led to goals. we still found a way to win, but umps almost robbed us. Look what happened to the Roos 2 weeks ago. something needs to be done to stop the WC bias. it is a disgrace.

bad luck, you guys should be celebrating a win tonight.

Saunders had 3 disposals. Well played aswell?

3 kicks, 1 goal assist, 2 tackles. 23% TOG.

Not great, but I'll take it over 2 handballs and 1 tackle (26% TOG) every day of the week. Pretty stinky.

3 kicks, 1 goal assist, 2 tackles. 23% TOG.

Not great, but I'll take it over 2 handballs and 1 tackle (26% TOG) every day of the week. Pretty stinky.

Nothing to get excited over though. Don't think can really bag opposition players when our own aren't doing much either. So basically 1 goal assist more then Cripps... Stop the presses!!

Don't think can really bag opposition players

Absolutely they can when they are a former player (even if you reckon he's a good bloke).

Although as I said at trade time, I was happy to get any half-decent pick for him.

Nothing to get excited over though. Don't think can really bag opposition players when our own aren't doing much either. So basically 1 goal assist more then Cripps... Stop the presses!!

i'm sure woosh will be thrilled with his performance, especially the last passage of play he was involved in, where he just gave up on the ball in a close game and allowed the saints backmen to clear the ball and get one more shot at it

he'll be back in the WAFL quicker than the flight back to perth. this time he'll have to do more than seagull easy goals and possessions

Absolutely they can when they are a former player (even if you reckon he's a good bloke).

Although as I said at trade time, I was happy to get any half-decent pick for him.
I think it was Saunders 3rd game. It´s Cripps 3rd season and against his old club. I liked what Saunders did and thought he was an adequate sub. He´s quick like Cripps but will be a better player than Cripps.

Watching Darling continually throwing his head back to try and milk frees is genuinely sickening, not to mention the Selwoods (at both clubs)

The saddest thing is that all four can seriously play, and the Selwoods in particular are genuinely tough kids, but their constant and consistent play-acting is a monstrous blight on the game.

Even worse, it is constantly rewarded.

Every commentator condones it too

I feel compelled to post on ur board, just finished watching the game on foxtel and that last qtr is what turns me off the game, west coast can suck an egg continually staging for frees, cox, darling, selwood and chief stager Priddis, that last goal one of 2 that he received the replay clearly shows priddis dropping his knees and instigating the push in the back....Umpires are so dumb get sucked in big time....

The Roberton one in the face was there but gee same thing happened to us last week V eagles in Perth where Shane Edwards copped one in the eye in front of Richmonds goal and didn't receive a free kick he was also subbed as he couldn't see....

With all that went against u umpire wise the one that couldve sealed it for u guys was Montagna running into open goal shoud've hand balled over the top to either nick or Milne that wouldve made it a 100% goal as one of them wouldve waltzed in, no way on earth could that play be stuffed up had he hand balled over the top as it was 3 saints on to one eagle...

I feel compelled to post on ur board, just finished watching the game on foxtel and that last qtr is what turns me off the game, west coast can suck an egg continually staging for frees, cox, darling, selwood and chief stager Priddis, that last goal one of 2 that he received the replay clearly shows priddis dropping his knees and instigating the push in the back....Umpires are so dumb get sucked in big time....

The Roberton one in the face was there but gee same thing happened to us last week V eagles in Perth where Shane Edwards copped one in the eye in front of Richmonds goal and didn't receive a free kick he was also subbed as he couldn't see....

With all that went against u umpire wise the one that couldve sealed it for u guys was Montagna running into open goal shoud've hand balled over the top to either nick or Milne that wouldve made it a 100% goal as one of them wouldve waltzed in, no way on earth could that play be stuffed up had he hand balled over the top as it was 3 saints on to one eagle...
In all honesty, he was about 15m out straight in front. He had just as much a chance to stuff up that handball as he had of stuffing up that kick, which is to say about a 1% chance. Would have nailed it 99 times out a 100, just happened to be the 100th. I don't blame him for backing himself from 15m straight in front, should have nailed it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't kick it, it's selfish.

He does kick it, it's taking responsibility as an elder statesman of the team.

He missed. That's life. Life sucks sometimes.

OK champ. Think if you go through the Gameday thread on our board you'll see the more reserved posters are agreeing with my assessment that we were fortunate.

Thanks for feedback Reasonable comments are always appreciated here

I haven't seen the match, but I see Ben continued to crash, only 11 HO's? Was averaging 26 in the first 6 rounds.

Not first ruckman to get smashed in hitouts against the dominate Dean Cox and Nic Nat!

Matters little to me. Massive concern.

He's established enough to be mixing it with the big boys.

compare cox's stats at a similar age, someone posted the stats earlier and they are very very similar

so the idea that mcevoy is old enough to compete with cox just doesnt hold true. if he's still in this positions in 2 years time then i agree we have a problem

i think a problem we have at the moment is that we have too many tall forwards that need to be playing in the afl, but there isnt the room for them all in the team.
ideally in the future wed have two of hicky and mcevoy swaping through the ruck and forward line. and then wright and sanley as the main lead up forwards, playing the the sort of role that roo and maister are playing atm. plenty of depth in the forward line atm, but not much anywhere else

i think a problem we have at the moment is that we have too many tall forwards that need to be playing in the afl, but there isnt the room for them all in the team.
ideally in the future wed have two of hicky and mcevoy swaping through the ruck and forward line. and then wright and sanley as the main lead up forwards, playing the the sort of role that roo and maister are playing atm. plenty of depth in the forward line atm, but not much anywhere else

i think it'll be a problem that sorts itself out over time.

milera is in the gun, if he doesnt pull his finger out soon i reckon the club will give up on him and move on. using dunell/markworth even a saunders/newnes in a similar role from next year onwards

hyphen game on the weekend takes some pressure off but i reckon its very small. he needs to back up that performance for the rest of the year, especially his defencive side of his game

milne probably can decide if he plays on as long as he's doing his role and is fit

Yup, I think Milera and the club will go separate ways next year - and neither will really mind. Tel's homesick, and hey, no hard feelings. With the Minch, TDL, Saad all showing potential, we'll be fine. I think we all forget that many teams don't REALLY have a dedicated small forward - we have just had one because Milne has been incredible in the forward 50, and useless at midfield rotations. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 11 2013 St Kilda v WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back