Preview 2024 AFL Season: Round 22 - Richmond Tigers v St Kilda Saints, Marvel Stadium, Sunday, Sunday Sunday 11th August 3:20pm

Oh My

• Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Magpies

• Bears

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Crows

• Eagles

• Swans

• Hawks

• Dogs

• Cats (in general)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Kangaroo

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odds are paying $4.50 for a Richmond win.
And it is the MCG.
I’m never confident at the G.
The odds seem high.

We keep hiring players that spend most of the time in rehab. Ami Winehouse would be really disappointed.

Dow is a dud despite not having a pre-season... a good player will shine through. Stop making excuses for him
Crouch, I rated him highly at Adelaide. I hope he comes good before his use-by date.
Henry is a wow factor player. Sky's the limit
You know not every player is a star, yeah?

Dow was a very handy player at the Blues as a replacement when needed. We got him as a ready-made mid who could play or to be depth - which quite obviously we sorely need. You can’t know that he’s going to get injured. Bedsides which, any player will struggle without a proper pre-season, even a star.

You could have said the same about Henry - who could well be a star but has also plenty time in rehab.

Crouch has played 4? very good years pre-injury, so we did not get an injured player there either.

So, aside from Hanners, I’m not sure who else we’ve picked up from other clubs that have spent a lot of time in re-hab.

Last edited:

Do note other games going on, and frankly the Blues might be playing finals, Hawks be sniffing, whereas Tigers are last and we want pick 4. So, if any club is getting the G, it's the Blues and we'd be punted to Marvel as a low draw entity.

Also, there is no way in hell the trust, AFL or anyone involved would play one game at 1:10 and immediately follow up with the second 2 hours later. The logistics alone would be absurd.

I hope Stocker can develop into an Ollie Wines - big body mid who wins clearances and bullies players at the contest. Good overhead which gives him a point of difference around the ground
His tank is the issue. And has been for years, from his time at Carlton.

What a disappointing year from Dow. I know injury has been a factor, but he has shown nothing.

Even his VFL form has regressed from his time at Blues.
Dow was injured most of the season. With no pre-season, not sure what people expect, he played as a sub last week, still got 10 possessions and at least look composed and clean with the ball..

Our mids play with a ruckman who can’t feed them the ball, so pretty difficult trying to rove to opposition’s ruck each time. At Carlton, at least he has the opportunity to win the ball.

Dow was injured most of the season. With no pre-season, not sure what people expect, he played as a sub last week, still got 10 possessions and at least look composed and clean with the ball..

Our mids play with a ruckman who can’t feed them the ball, so pretty difficult trying to rove to opposition’s ruck each time. At Carlton, at least he has the opportunity to win the ball.
Dow looks like a link-up type of onballer who feeds off extractor mids, but if our current mids can't get their hands on the ball, then it doesn't do his cause much good, probably same goes for Jones. We need in and under class who can feed off both own rucks and opposition rucks.

If Marshall grabs it out of the ruck or can’t win taps down to our mids, then it’s scraps for Steele and co.

Dow is actually good at winning first ball from clearances, just look at his highlights from last season.. He excels at getting loose ball at stoppages..

Same as the issue with Hickey, Marshall can’t win taps, so our mids suffered. Even if he does get a tap, it’s rarely to advantage, unlike Ryder. Our mids did better with Longer.. although even that’s short lived.. So really think we should go after a tall ruck (>204cm) who excels at tap work.. With our focus on recruiting genuine young mids, our mid problem then can be fixed

Dow looks like a link-up type of onballer who feeds off extractor mids, but if our current mids can't get their hands on the ball, then it doesn't do his cause much good, probably same goes for Jones. We need in and under class who can feed off both own rucks and opposition rucks.
Problem with that is he is not damaging when he gets it. So if he can't get his own ball don't see that he really has any weapons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem with that is he is not damaging when he gets it. So if he can't get his own ball don't see that he really has any weapons.
His damage comes from clearance situations. He's never been an elite ball user, not even in his draft year when he went pick 3. It's always been his burst from stoppage and ability to win first possession. Without a pre-season, it's hard to have that sort of power so we just need to give him more time - reassess mid-next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back