Review RD 12 Review - Bailey ‘GOAT’ Banfield Leads Freo to the Win

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to tell you this but the lid went missing at the final siren on Sunday. We are now equal second favourites for the flag and Jetstar flights for grand final weekend are over $1200 return

Could be worse.

You know, they always say you only need one kidney…

IMG_0928.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So is Banfield part of our future or not ?
Plenty of posters (including myself) said move him aside and play the kids yet he has responded with aplomb.
The difference between his GC and Pies games was polar .
Which Banners do we trust .

The fact that we don’t have much forward depth of his body size keeps him in the team .
Sturt not impressing has probably been beneficial to Banfield as well .
In all seriousness his best position could actually be playing as a deep third tall forward where he can lead out and fly for marks like Zurhaar at North. He's doe well in two games now playing that role. The Brisbane and North games and I'm pretty sure they're the only games he played a leading role starting close to goal. When he plays at Peel they should play him in that role.

Neale still wants to come home to Freo. He even did an interview this week saying he wanted to explore what was best for his family, and the media pressure forced a 2 week decision into 2 days. But he ended up making the ‘right decision’ (PR bit to keep Brisbane happy). Thing is with Brodie coming in our midfield is pretty stacked now, and Lachie’s still in ripping form and would be way over priced. The best time to revisit this would be when he comes out of contract for 2024.

Neale left at a time when just about anyone could be forgiven for wanting to walk out... lazy plodders like McCarthy, drug users like Bennell, aggro nut jobs like Kersten. Inept coaches like David Hale and Anthony Rock. Shocking medico staff and bugger all crowds turning up. Even Johnson wasn't bothered about leading anymore by that stage and half the team had no clue or direction.

He loved Freo and he loved Perth and I 110 percent believe if he knew what he knew now he would've suffered just another year before the massive changes were made and we were moving in the right direction.

Neale left at a time when just about anyone could be forgiven for wanting to walk out... lazy plodders like McCarthy, drug users like Bennell, aggro nut jobs like Kersten. Inept coaches like David Hale and Anthony Rock. Shocking medico staff and bugger all crowds turning up. Even Johnson wasn't bothered about leading anymore by that stage and half the team had no clue or direction.

He loved Freo and he loved Perth and I 110 percent believe if he knew what he knew now he would've suffered just another year before the massive changes were made and we were moving in the right direction.
Him leaving was probably the reason for those changes happening when they did tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite incredible stat we just completed our 50th game at Optus on Sunday.

And our percentage is exactly 100.

Won't take us long to have the most wins / best winning percentage at the stadium. Might even tick over by the end of the season at the rate the other mob are going backwards.

Good call, yesterday was a perfect example of why Hughes is on the list. That's really handy plug'n'play depth for the next few years.
You just know that Hughes is going to lay that massive bump at least once a game and the other bloke is going to come out feeling like he was just run into by a Mack truck. I just love that it happens every time he plays , he is also always insanely brave backing into a contest.

I thought that was Chapman! Oh and we have some guy called Fyfe that needs to fit in there too!

So we were missing Fyfe, Tabs, Walters, Switta, Chapman and arguably Noddy from our best 22?!? That’s some depth.

Some kid monstered WAFL yesterday with 14 marks including around 8 contested and 3 goals.

Only negative for me was that I thought we robbed Peter to pay Paul a bit by playing Meek and Darcy. Darcy well down given his reduced role. Would have been better with Traecy instead of Meek

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes all best 22 with the possible exception of Noddy. Fantastic debut games but I just can’t see Noddy getting back in ahead of Aish and Acres on the wings except for injury. Especially with Fyfe back others may also move to wing.

You just know that Hughes is going to lay that massive bump at least once a game and the other bloke is going to come out feeling like he was just run into by a Mack truck. I just love that it happens every time he plays , he is also always insanely brave backing into a contest.
Perfect replacement for Chappy while he is injured. In hindsight maybe the 2 year extension was a good thing...

Just watched the Brisbane game yet again and the most awesome thing I've seen for a while is at 10:52 in 2nd QTR just as Griff kicks the goal, mid-celebration he looks over, points to the Mellee and sprints over to get involved!

Sensational viewing 👌👌👍👍😍😍

Re the game, Charlie Cameron's goal at start of the third quarter he was over the line as he kicked it. Now this would be excusable if the goal umpire wasn't a metre away side on in the best position to see!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back