Preview Rd 14 2022 Richmond Vs Carlton MCG 7:20 Thursday 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never wanted to see Richmond win a game more than tonight. I remember walking back to the station after RD1 and seeing the fans carry on as if they had won a final. It genuinely felt like the after-math of the 2017 Qualifying against Geelong.......and this was RD1. REALLY hope we can smash them tonight.

did u see the other bloke last night when I said you couldnt even beat pies, he said neither could you now, we played them a whole 2 weeks before them 😂

did peter daicos return after those 2 weeks
The ego on Carlton supporters can’t be surpassed, if they lose tonight watch their crowd numbers absolutely diminish, absolute bandwagoners, all of em, that’s why there so emo

It's been 27 years since Carlton won a flag and that one has a * due to salary cap cheating.

It amazes me their fans are so up and about and arrogant.

It's gonna be bloody hilarious if they slip out of the 8 after getting beaten by Collingwood in the last round.

From the net:

Did Carlton cheat in 1995?

The AFL found that Carlton operated outside the salary cap in 1998 and 2001 and were subsequently fined a then Australian sporting record of $987,500. But that is only half the story. Carlton's 1995 premiership title, the club's only flag in the AFL era, is also tainted by salary cap cheating.25 Jan 2019
They're a shit stain of a club, always have been always will be.

Dimma's stubbornness with trying to turn Balta into a forward is really starting to annoy me. He's wasting his talent trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I hope they look to recruit a ruck/forward in the offseason.
Luke Jackson is available.

I used to also about 20 years ago but now i actually want them to do well
I have too many Carlton supporter friends who have really tried to keep their kids and grand kids blues supporters but have failed

You wouldnt want to see that happen to any person, They have had it tough last 20 years and only had a West Coast captain to talk about and admire
967649A6-71C2-486D-9138-B9F914D32BE2.gif

Round 1: no Vlastuin. No McIntosh. An underdone Graham. A mentally shot Dusty. A Prestia hammy ping at 1/4 time. 8 x 50m penalties. Carlton missing Walsh but not much else. A gameplan we’ve changed …. and we led by 20-points into the last quarter…..

Despite missing Dusty we should be confident of giving a great account of ourselves. I’ll take one win from Car & Geel games … hopefully it’s this one !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
why not.jpg

SEN trying to fire up Carlton on queue lol.

We play the World tonight.
So who is gonna be our grey dancing wiggle?

FVKhe_tVIAEoYor

If Vlas still had his nordic beard perhaps...

58b875ff22252c23fefe531664fda280

We need a collective effort to combat there midfield.Our pressure and tackling from our forwards through the midfield needs to be on to cut there supply or defence will struggle.

Need to expose there defence without a doubt not by bombing it in have to be smart about it.
Reckon the best way to counter is when its Balta vs Jo.
Balta to thump it 30mtrs fwd thats 30mtrs closer to our goal and 30mtrs more they have to get back.
Frustrated me last week why Nank but more so Soldo why we didn't use that tactic.

I know Cotchin went pick 2 when they got Kreuzer. Who were other picks around Murphy and Gibbs that Carlton would have loved their time over with?

To be fair, Kreuzer was easily the standout, super mobile ruckman dominating everything, he just got really unlucky with injuries.
After Murphy was daisy Thomas,,then some hawk spud
Then Kennedy ( Eagles ff), then pendulbery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else noticed that with a full list the majority of the Carlton team is made up from players from other clubs ..? I knew they had a few, but I just checked their squad….here’s a selection of regular senior players … Wowee…

Docherty
Marchbank
Saad
Williams
McGovern
Pittonet
Kennedy
Cerra
Hewett
Martin
Newman
Fogarty
Settlefield
Young
Newnes
Plowman
McDonald

Lucky Carlton got so many top draft picks that didn’t rely on being developed into good players at Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The irony of it all we got their best one from right under their John Elliot noses.

1655337480582.jpeg

you know what dawned on me? IF we get one player in thats new, doesn't perform smashingly then he is back in the twos in a split second. Could you imagine Edawrds, Rance etc in the early days not getting a game how they wouldve ended up ?
Rance started off in the VFL reserves and played a full season of VFL before he got to debut

He got dropped a bunch of times in his first three or so years

Remember when the league brought in the rivalry round idea and then positioned Richmond and Carlton to open the season?

Carlton campaigners carried on that it should have been Collingwood.

There's no rivalry with Richmond, they rallied, 'cause Richmond is rubbish.

On that note, I declare no rivalry interest in the Blues whatsoever.

I dont mind Carlton up for a change. The last 20+ years, all that their supporters could do was hide in the shadows and dream of Richmond like success. They'd brave the big world after an occassional win, maybe even go outside! But they'd always hastily retreated back under their rocks after the next weeks loss. They have suffered through a miserable existence you wouldnt wish upon anyone...

It's totally understandable that they have deep seated emotional and developmental issues. There is a lot of manifested hate, anger and jealousy directed towards Richmond supporters.

But now that their destiny is finally upon us, they have every right to come on our board and tell us how it is to be. And as we all know how brave the Carlton mods are, the offer is surely reciprocated over there for us.

LMFAO Pathetic club. Not even a club really, just a team full of mercenaries because they cant develop youth. Thats the difference between a successful culture and a manufactured one. They'll be lucky to even make the 8 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back