Game Day Rd 15 vs North Melbourne at Metricon - Sat, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Also in the Herald Sun saw that Lyons who had 39 (23 contested), 10 clearances only played 73% that is unbelievable. Somehow the bloke who did the votes shows how underrated Lyons is, as he gave Lynch, Martin and Gaz the 3,2,1. Those 3 were good but nothing like Lyons. Also had him listed as 6th best. Is there any player more underrated in the game right now?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also in the Herald Sun saw that Lyons who had 39 (23 contested), 10 clearances only played 73% that is unbelievable. Somehow the bloke who did the votes shows how underrated Lyons is, as he gave Lynch, Martin and Gaz the 3,2,1. Those 3 were good but nothing like Lyons. Also had him listed as 6th best. Is there any player more underrated in the game right now?

Fox Sports at half time said Gary was carrying us

He was good obviously but that was pretty ridiculous

Typical

I think with Lemmens, he's played worse games and not get dropped. Rocket seemed really happy with his game so i doubt he will go this week. Lonergan was okay but he's still very hit and miss. Touk was awful though, what's happened to him? Lost a bit of his hardness i thought.

So true cochblocked, u bring up a great point there. My theory is he got himself a Nice contract and has relaxed a bit.
He's flat footed and constantly getting beaten easily.
I'd drop him for sure there r plenty in the neafl in better form.

I think with Lemmens, he's played worse games and not get dropped. Rocket seemed really happy with his game so i doubt he will go this week. Lonergan was okay but he's still very hit and miss. Touk was awful though, what's happened to him? Lost a bit of his hardness i thought.

I'm on record as not being convinced by Touk Miller
He's a slightly faster Dion but not as good

It's not even about his stats or efforts. It's the fact he cost us three goals by burning teammates in better positions to try and be a star himself. The best role players (every team has one) know there strengths and weaknesses. If Lemmens is to have a future, he needs to start to understand his.
I don't think he was deliberately trying to burn his teammates, he basically has no idea what to do when he receives the footy.
If you look at Ainsworth and Martin for example they don't get in a panic when they get the ball inside 50, they deliver nice gentle kicks and easy to catch handballs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witherden could challenge Ainsworth for RS this week
some good contenders this week for the rising star nomination.

Fiorini 24 disposal (at 66%) 7 marks 6 tackles 7 score involvement and a goal.

Ben Ainsworth 14 disposal (at 92%) 8 score involvements And 4 goals

Charlie Curnow from Carlton 22 disposal at 90% 11 marks and a goal

For all theSean lemmens is in our best 22 people
Have you ever seen him make a clear headed football decision ?
No
Whatever you think of him is irrelevant. He will continue to be one of the first players picked every week because the coaching staff knows what they will get from him and thats 100% effort. The coaches know they can play him in multiple positions and he will give his all and put his body on the line for the team.
Paul Roos gave Lemmens a huge rap last week on triple m and league team, said he would love more players like him in his team

Whatever you think of him is irrelevant. He will continue to be one of the first players picked every week because the coaching staff knows what they will get from him and thats 100% effort. The coaches know they can play him in multiple positions and he will give his all and put his body on the line for the team.
Paul Roos gave Lemmens a huge rap last week on triple m and league team, said he would love more players like him in his team
Sure
Theres a Lemmens in just about every team
The average fan just sees wasted effort but obviously he's important to that Mystery called Team Structure

Sure
Theres a Lemmens in just about every team
The average fan just sees wasted effort but obviously he's important to that Mystery called Team Structure
I'll take a premiership coaches opinion over an armchair quarterbacks and a handful of drunk footy fans any day :)

What he wants a team full of players will appalling AFL standard football skills. That's really bizzare.

I know I keep banging on about Lyons but I can't believe we got an upgrade on Prestia (who we sold for pick 6) for pick 43. Absolutely mind blowing. Clayton doesn't get it all right but he ******* aced that.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Dion Who ?
Totally forgotten about him
He and his housemate are Richmond's problem now.

Paul Roos wouldn't of said that if he saw Lemons let his opponent Shaun Atley stroll unattended into Norfs forward 50 to take a chest mark 35 meters out directly in front.
Lemons was still in the centre square.
Atley kicked the goal.
No skills & No smarts
Lemons = Sumner

Andrew Hamilton wrote it - he clearly doesn't know who Lyons is as didn't even mention him in the body of his article

Paul Roos wouldn't of said that if he saw Lemons let his opponent Shaun Atley stroll unattended into Norfs forward 50 to take a chest mark 35 meters out directly in front.
Lemons was still in the centre square.
Atley kicked the goal.
No skills & No smarts
Lemons = Sumner

Saw Roos on League Teams on Thursday night say he hasn't watched much Suns game this year.

Any reasonable person would not try to defend Lemmens level of skill, he didn't just miss the goals under pressure, he couldn't even kick the right side of the ball to execute what he was trying to do. Is there anyone in the current AFL that has less skill than Lemmens? Would be on a par with Jayson Daniels and James Manson from the 1980s

Andrew Hamilton wrote it - he clearly doesn't know who Lyons is as didn't even mention him in the body of his article
AFL site just named him as one the recruits of the year in "Nine things we learned from round 15."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back