Game Day Rd 15 vs North Melbourne at Metricon - Sat, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

so just got home
frustrating to be so much better and still have them in with a a chance in the last quarter but a win's a win
The more the team undertsands what works and what doesn't the more of them we'll get
I've held off squeezing Lemmens this year because I think I rode him too hard last year, but gee he gets a lot of chances and does bugger all with them
Watch out next week because big Tommy is working back into form nicely

Felt exactly the same way after the Hawks game. Is it a team rule you've got to ease up on the opposition

The game was won in the first half.
Second half was ordinary.
But they got a win for Gazza
Bank it.

Longeran & Fiorini had good games
Ainsworth giving us a glimpse of his potential.

Sydney next week yikes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we talk about Lemmens ?

Gee he was awful tonight

You can't question his effort but the dude has no football skills whatsoever.

He also was selfish tonight. A few times tonight he refused to give it off to a teammate in a better position in front of goal.

Gee he was awful tonight

He also was selfish tonight. A few times tonight he refused to give it off to a teammate in a better position in front of goal.

He actually looks frightened when he has the ball.
Beverage and Cameron would have dropped him 10 weeks ago.

Gee he was awful tonight

Re Lemmens-I have time for him because he can really tackle someone with such punch.
However I agree he does waste rolled gold chances.

I'm torn Bazza.

Think I better grab another beer to reflect some more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once we have enough 'tough' players in our side that will do the dirty stuff and also have a bit of skill I imagine that Lemmens days will be numbered - been given many more chances than Seb Tape who was a similar type player.

It's an indictment on the rest of our small/mid forwards that we need an unskilled pure pressure player

Once we have enough 'tough' players in our side that will do the dirty stuff and also have a bit of skill I imagine that Lemmens days will be numbered - been given many more chances than Seb Tape who was a similar type player.

It's an indictment on the rest of our small/mid forwards that we need an unskilled pure pressure player

Yep I think it's time to end the Lemmens experiment.
It's embarrassing to see a player be so bad with ball in hand, foot skills are appalling and his decision making is as bad as it can get.
Surely some of guys in the twos are more capable of playing a similar role.

Re Lemmens-I have time for him because he can really tackle someone with such punch.
However I agree he does waste rolled gold chances.

I'm torn Bazza.

Think I better grab another beer to reflect some more.
Tackle ? - he had none today and his kicking /disposal was atrocious.
If he kicked a goal it was 0 goals 6 behinds.....

It was a solid win - Ainsworth and Fiorini impressed me. Nice to see Lynchy back to normal and I loved that massive tackle by May. Gary looked good too.

That being said, we did let them back in the game in the 4th...shows our lack of consistency. If we could somehow always be on our game, we would have 8 or 9 wins.

I watched the first quarter of the GWS v Geelong game - that was such intense and exciting football. Those teams appear to be at a much higher level than us right now.

Just based on rockets post match interview I'd say Lemmens will continue in the side next week. Hammo.. I think asked about the other small forwards, Rocket bought Lemmens into conversation himself. Mentioned unfortunately didn't get the finishes but works hard, chases, brings something to the team.

Just based on rockets post match interview I'd say Lemmens will continue in the side next week. Hammo.. I think asked about the other small forwards, Rocket bought Lemmens into conversation himself. Mentioned unfortunately didn't get the finishes but works hard, chases, brings something to the team.
On another day he kicks 6 straight but you can't buy his effort.

Stats are subjective in sports, Alot of things that great players dont end up on the statsheet.

But if he wanted to chuck on another coat of polish to his finishing I wouldn't be too distraught.

On another day he kicks 6 straight but you can't buy his effort.

Stats are subjective in sports, Alot of things that great players dont end up on the statsheet.

But if he wanted to chuck on another coat of polish to his finishing I wouldn't be too distraught.
Oh I'm a big Lemmens fan and think he does belong. But as the resident whipping boy of this forum I thought Eades comment would spark some conversation.

Oh I'm a big Lemmens fan and think he does belong. But as the resident whipping boy of this forum I thought Eades comment would spark some conversation.

So he's a highly paid team mascot in essence?
A small forward who averages a goal every 2 matches and about 10 disposals and can't mark over his head
Doesn't play mid, couldn't play back
No-one disputes his effort but the rest of the team is carrying him no matter what he "brings to the team" whatever that means
I much prefer what Ablett Lynch May Lyons Saad Swallow Martin bring to the team
Maybe I'm just a football purist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back