Game Day Rd 17 - Freo vs Carlton @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has Longmuire not been given the arse?

Watching this team is enough for one to poke one’s eyes out
He's just a shittier and softer version of the guy we fired. Truly bizarre hire in hindsight.

We are playing poorly but there are too many 'mistakes' only going Carlton's way...like every time we play them. Yeah, they're human and subject to bias.dh
First quarter most of their score, 24 of 27 points i think it, was from turnover, which means we suck, cant execute our skills or game plan, thats why we are down and looking awful on all lines.

Work rate. They move the ball easily. We can't because nobody is moving.

Every stoppage they try and knock the ball over the back where they have numbers. Not hard to see but nobody is doing anything about it.
This is it. Watching live and we just aren't running as hard. Which as shit as we sure ain't big in the middle. Massively missing a Fyfe or Brodie in the middle. Ras and Johnno just need time, Ras especially, plays a style that will massively benefit from strength and growth over the next couple of years. Has a nose for the ball, don't give up on him yet.

Still think if we sort some shit out we could go on a run, but **** me we look dysfunctional currently.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They do it to us every time. Apply plenty of physical pressure around every contest and a large number of our players don’t cope. And it’s not just Carlton. Plenty of teams know we have a large number of skilful players who don’t cope with physical pressure.

Even if we were halving the clearance game we've lost like every 1 on 1 and missed 30 tackles or so. We're cooked

They definitely don't have enough size but I'd also agree with that. We don't have competent midfield coaching.
There’s no competent leadership either. Serong and Brayshaw joint cocaptains is stupid. Pick one good captain. Have an inspiring coach and a solid plan for all common scenarios. It’s not rocket science, it’s bloody footy. Silence in the rooms before these constant terrible starts is damning. From the president down.

Easy fix for me is bring up walters and Switkowski true crumbing players to rove Darcy in the middle who is on record rucking pace and move the lives of Henry,omera etc forward simple fix

You’ll still get people arguing he’s a premiership quality forward on here during the week. Imagine coming out of a 7 year rebuild and relying on Schultz and Switta to regularly kick you goals?
I don’t have a problem with Lachie. He’s just having an almost game

You’ll still get people arguing he’s a premiership quality forward on here during the week. Imagine coming out of a 7 year rebuild and relying on Schultz and Switta to regularly kick you goals?
Schultz is having a mare of a game, Switta hasn't played well since i cant remember and Freddy goes missing a lot.

Amiss and walters are our only forwards who seem to do anything that you expect from a forwards.

It pains me to say it as Switta’s buddy, but Switta, Schultz and Freddie have contributed the square root of f*** all today (and not much more than that since the bye).
Have been arguing here for week with all the optimists that these guys are nowhere near good enough. People are ignoring the evidence hitting us straight in the face every single weekend.
The problem is we have even bigger issues in midfield.
And I don’t care if we come back and somehow win this game. Papering over cracks is all it would be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty hard when you move the ball as predictably as we do.
I swear, all our running efforts are defensive- no one busts a gut to create offensive space.
Take a look at any kick in and we are so stagnant, no one moving

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This! We can’t get out of our D50 because no one ahead of the ball is moving, when Blues have the ball in hand everyone up field is running to make space.

They do it to us every time. Apply plenty of physical pressure around every contest and a large number of our players don’t cope. And it’s not just Carlton. Plenty of teams know we have a large number of skilful players who don’t cope with physical pressure.
And then kill us on the outside because the players ignore structure and all get drawn into the contest that we lise anyway. Rinse, repeat

The players have put more effort into our social media work this week than they did in the first half.

Hugely watching us mark it at half back and then hold on to it waiting for someone to get free. The players are so static.

Can’t stand up to the physical pressure. We can’t land a tackle…

Really missing some quality small forwards.

Our forwards seriously need to stick their marks better, there's no excuse for Jackson, Treacy and co. to drop as many marks as they have today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back