Preview Rd 2 - GC SUNS v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the worry is that he can't take the resting ruck when they drift forward? Like a Sandilands. Just not big enough.

At least Rory can compete in that area.
Do you think May is better that Warnock though?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you think May is better that Warnock though?

He was last week. May provided some rebound. Warnock didn't. Both excellent defensively. Though I think Warnock is still the better stopper when our midfield pressure dries up.

Round 2 AFL Premiership Senior Team
B:
R. Thompson, S. May, G. Broughton
HB: S. Lemmens, C. Cameron, T. McKenzie
C: M. Shaw, G. Ablett, J. Harbrow
HF: A. Hall, T. Lynch, T. Sumner
F: S. Day, C. Dixon, B. Matera
R: T. Nicholls, M. Rischitelli, D. Prestia
INT: D. Stanley, J. O’Meara, D. Swallow, K. Kolodjashnij

Emergencies: L. Russell, M. Warnock, J. Taylor

In: Kolodjashnij, Thompson
Out: Martin (shoulder), Warnock (omit)
Glad to see clay staying in warnock very unlucky congrats to kade hope he goes well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you guys please tell me the correct way to pronounce Kolodjashnij's name? Want to appear well informed on Saturday, cheers!
No need for you to be able to pronounce his name. After he gets his regular 40+ disposals you'll be sick of calling him out anyway;) The kid is a ball magnet. Nickname at the club is Kollar from what I've heard.

It makes sense to a small extent but Rory was pretty ordinary against Southport. I would have thought Warnock would do an ok job on the Pav
I wouldn't put to much emphasis on a neafl practice match. I think he was just there for a run more than anything. Rory is more mobile and can take a mark rather than spoiling which gets us going the other way quicker. Still think Warnock is stiff, but without too many talls for Freo there's probably no need for him.

I commend the selection committee on that decision, shows they've got an obvious game plan which they are sticking to. Was obviously a preemptive move to do this for Freo, because Warnock did everything in his power to keep his spot. Whether it be for the wider spaces of the ground and the extra needed mobility, or looking to the future and rewarding a young guy like Clay after a good performance, I'm backing it.

Whilst I definitely agree that may had the better game last round . I still think Warnock is a better player, he has mopped up may's mess numerous times and switched opponents during a match, as recently as the nab match against essendon. Hell he's even had to take Rory's opponent at times. I just feel that this has potential to backfire, and then who do we turn to?

Can you guys please tell me the correct way to pronounce Kolodjashnij's name? Want to appear well informed on Saturday, cheers!
I tried to find the how to pronounce Husqvana commerical from the 90's but no luck.

Collar as in Shirt Collar
Jazz as in JAZZ HANDS!
and Knee and in what Andrew Ranies torpedoed into when he took out Gaz, Round 3 2012 #NeverForget

No need for you to be able to pronounce his name. After he gets his regular 40+ disposals you'll be sick of calling him out anyway;) The kid is a ball magnet. Nickname at the club is Kollar from what I've heard.

The very reason I asked, have a feeling at some stage of the game I'll be saying things like "ffs that bloody collardashnieshedkrge again!".

I suspect he'll sneak under the radar and have a fair impact if he comes on as a sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back