Game Day Rd 21: Footscray Bulldogs v Melbourne Demons, Marvel Stadium, 7:15pm Friday, 2 August 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reality is, if we can’t eke out a win against this bog ordinary Dees side that treats scoring like optional coursework, then we probably ain’t beating any actual good sides in the heat of September.

Similar to the Hawthorn and West Coast games last year, we’re going in as favourites with the opportunity to lock ourselves inside the 8. Although we’ve actually knocked over some quality sides this year, that’s all for nought if we don’t beat the sides below us. Show us that you’re really serious this year, Footscray.

Bev, I know it didn’t work against Port, but I think starting English forward and sending someone else in to the first bounce is worth one more shot against a banged up Gawn. And the man for the job is staring you in the navel…

View attachment 2066033

It's never the right time to bring it up but at the time I thought this was a massive moment. We were up 59-40 after a run of goals, the best big man in the comp flopped to try and win a free against the smallest man in the comp. Felt like they were getting desperate and we were on. Next minute they kicked 8 goals in 7 minutes on a 90-7 run or something lol

It's never the right time to bring it up but at the time I thought this was a massive moment. We were up 59-40 after a run of goals, the best big man in the comp flopped to try and win a free against the smallest man in the comp. Felt like they were getting desperate and we were on. Next minute they kicked 8 goals in 7 minutes on a 90-7 run or something lol

It’s a real sliding doors moment, they lose that GF and Gawn is forever known for that big flop. Such a shame, so many lols down the toilet.

Gosh all of a sudden this game is becoming a bigger test than any of the last five. It just has everything about it that has a classic bulldogs loss written all over it

We're clear favourites
Primetime slot
Media hype all week and people putting us in premiership contention
Treloar 250th
Bramble and Mcneil also have milestones
Retro round and celebrating the 54 premiership
5 day break

All against the side who have had the better over us in the last few years with their season on the line

A win would be massive tonight and a good way of showing that we have indeed changed as a team.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gosh all of a sudden this game is becoming a bigger test than any of the last five. It just has everything about it that has a classic bulldogs loss written all over it

We're clear favourites
Primetime slot
Media hype all week and people putting us in premiership contention
Treloar 250th
Bramble and Mcneil also have milestones
Retro round and celebrating the 54 premiership
5 day break

All against the side who have had the better over us in the last few years.

A win would be massive tonight and a good way of showing that we have indeed changed as a team.
Absolutely. Ironically this is a bigger test for this group that the previous 3 weeks. It’s much easier to play as the underdog than as the hunted.

I almost think the result of this game will prove how far this group has come and whether they should be taken for real.

Absolutely. Ironically this is a bigger test for this group that the previous 3 weeks. It’s much easier to play as the underdog than as the hunted.

I almost think the result of this game will prove how far this group has come and whether they should be taken for real.
Its funny, Before the Calrton game we were crossing off this game as a win and hoping we would knock off someone else and be 2-2.
Now we've won the last three all of a sudden this is a massive danger game

FYI the app is playing up not letting me add tickets to my wallet. Hopefully cleared by tonight.

Me too, the Carlton game was still showing.
I logged out & back in and it worked as normal.
Always have membership cards to fall back on.

Too many scars to be confident, but glad this one is at Marvel. I’m not sure about playing all of Jones/Lobb/Khamis/Coffield. I couldn’t stand it if Pickett & Fishface get off the chain.

The legend who runs from the fence to the top of Aisle 33 after every Dog’s goal needs to lead the chant of Footscray clap clap clap tonight instead of Bulldogs.

Gotta get the message to him (hold on, hold on 😉)

I hope he runs up there a lot tonight 😁

Feels like I am living in a parallel universe
Wait until you find out we've had to shift two tall forwards to other parts of the ground to make way for our 3 best tall forwards....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back