Preview RD 22 vs Adelaide Crows - Changes for Sunday at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

MaxiBont

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hard to have too many changes after 4 great performances.

Buku and Coffield in the same team seems a bit redundant to me. On form, I would be dropping Coffield first.

I think Macrae should come in for Daniel as well

This is a huge game and one we can’t afford to drop.

In - Freijah, Macrae
Out - Coffield, Daniel

This is not an easy game I think they get probably their best player back this week in Rankine and at AO where we have not won for while. We are in great form but it is hard this season to keep winning. Dogs by 10 points.

Adelaide couldnt quite knock off geelong, damn it
Real pity tbh

Crows played well.

This season has thrown up some surprising results need to find a way to keep winning even if it’s ugly as Crows going ok.

We play last game of the round with some real good fixtures before our game like Blurs v Hawks, Pies v Sydney, Lions vs Giants, Freo vs Cats

A win is imperative

Real pity tbh

Crows played well.

This season has thrown up some surprising results need to find a way to keep winning even if it’s ugly as Crows going ok.

We play last game of the round with some real good fixtures before our game like Blurs v Hawks, Pies v Sydney, Lions vs Giants, Freo vs Cats

A win is imperative
At least we will be able to see where we stand before we play next week. I’m almost certain we will drop one game in the run home….which one will it be though

At least we will be able to see where we stand before we play next week. I’m almost certain we will drop one game in the run home….which one will it be though

Hoping we don’t drop any but if we do there are some fixtures that will soften the blow.

next week game we hopefully concentrate on that

Neither Coffield or Khamis had their best games but we can expect Bevo will won’t want to change much after a good win.

If he does - we should be ruthless about what we think will make us better - then:

Khamis out for Friejah - who gives us more around the ground. Khamis was OK but needs to give more run. Coffield was rested so assume he is fit but is stronger around the contest and agree with others that a better match for Fogarty.

Sanders for CD - can’t ignore the game Sanders played. Macrae also played out of his skin and was brilliant as the sub a week or so ago with 10 possessions in half a quarter and so would also make us stronger.

Only other I would consider is Baker for Poulter - Poulter played well enough to keep his spot but Baker adds more in attack and AO is a thinner ground and will require a bit more contact. Poulter is better in open spaces.

Chefs surprise! Would love to see Buss debut. Away at Adelaide - in for Khamis maybe.

Neither Coffield or Khamis had their best games but we can expect Bevo will won’t want to change much after a good win.

If he does - we should be ruthless about what we think will make us better - then:

Khamis out for Friejah - who gives us more around the ground. Khamis was OK but needs to give more run. Coffield was rested so assume he is fit but is stronger around the contest and agree with others that a better match for Fogarty.

Sanders for CD - can’t ignore the game Sanders played. Macrae also played out of his skin and was brilliant as the sub a week or so ago with 10 possessions in half a quarter and so would also make us stronger.

Only other I would consider is Baker for Poulter - Poulter played well enough to keep his spot but Baker adds more in attack and AO is a thinner ground and will require a bit more contact. Poulter is better in open spaces.

Chefs surprise! Would love to see Buss debut. Away at Adelaide - in for Khamis maybe.
Poulter won’t drop out having played his career best game

100% Daniel out for Sanders or Macrae. Daniel has only played a small amount of match time last two weeks

Really want Freijah back in the team and would put him in for Buku or Coff, however as i mentioned earlier, I think Coff is getting senior games to build up his tank should he be needed in finals

Poulter won’t drop out having played his career best game

100% Daniel out for Sanders or Macrae. Daniel has only played a small amount of match time last two weeks

Really want Freijah back in the team and would put him in for Buku or Coff, however as i mentioned earlier, I think Coff is getting senior games to build up his tank should he be needed in finals
Yeah don't like the idea of anyone playing a quarter a week three weeks in a row. Would prefer macrea to switch with Daniel as sub rather then Sanders. I feel we need to start pumping as many full games into Sanders as possible at any level, much prefer him dominant VFL and get some confidence rather then tread water in 10 - 15 minutes of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we ever drop VDM ?

As a permanent forward he has only kicked 8 goals in 20 games and no goals since 31st May ?

$hits himself and fumbles most times he gets ball and normally gets beat 1 on 1.

I just don’t see it ?

Do we ever drop VDM ?

As a permanent forward he has only kicked 8 goals in 20 games and no goals since 31st May ?

$hits himself and fumbles most times he gets ball and normally gets beat 1 on 1.

I just don’t see it ?
What you’re missing is that he is gearing up to X-plode in finals. Big game player, he’ll fumble less as others fumble more and he’ll kick 8 goals over the next two months.

Agree with this except Poulter. He plays as a genuine wing (our only one imo) and is doing well.

I also think Freijah is more a line ball call to be in this year than many here.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty close to best 22 on current form. I'd probably go in unchanged again.

Think Freijah is fighting for Coffield or maybe Khamis spot. Think the other 5 defenders are safe. Sanders and Macrae probably fighting for Garcia's spot.

Don't think it's real beneficial to have Daniel play the sub role for a third week in a row so that spot I would change. Would rather Freijah and Sanders playing a full VFL game than sub in the AFL game but obviously since it's interstate there is a good chance they'll be in the traveling group.

I think it's pretty close to best 22 on current form. I'd probably go in unchanged again.

Think Freijah is fighting for Coffield or maybe Khamis spot. Think the other 5 defenders are safe. Sanders and Macrae probably fighting for Garcia's spot.

Don't think it's real beneficial to have Daniel play the sub role for a third week in a row so that spot I would change. Would rather Freijah and Sanders playing a full VFL game than sub in the AFL game but obviously since it's interstate there is a good chance they'll be in the traveling group.
Would prefer Freijah of those 3

Unless forced you don’t make changes to a team that’s played its best footy in years. Same 22 for me. Give Daniel a full game at VFL level and Sanders sub

I’ve seen pairs of shit stained underwear cleaner than McNeil and VDM, but their forward pressure is definitely noticeable.

Not saying they can’t be replaced but they add something for sure

Might be seeing Libba rested this round. So Macrae to come in?

As for VDM. I think he's playing Hunter's role. Coming up off the forward flanks into space and finding a player further up ground. You'll find a lot of his disposals on the wings. He's more a winger that rests forward that a goal kicking forward.

Might be seeing Libba rested this round. So Macrae to come in?

As for VDM. I think he's playing Hunter's role. Coming up off the forward flanks into space and finding a player further up ground. You'll find a lot of his disposals on the wings. He's more a winger that rests forward that a goal kicking forward.

Libba won’t want to be and should not be rested

You play your best side lessons from last year should ring loud

We have put ourselves with a good chance to finish top 4 or 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview RD 22 vs Adelaide Crows - Changes for Sunday at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back