Rd 4 votes vs Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

3 Harvey - this bloke has never really been my fave player but last night was his most complete game for the club in years. Tackled, ran hard and presented, put himself in physical danger, won plenty of the ball, harrassed, kicked an important and clever goal. GREAT GAME!

2 Sinclair - so far it appears 2004, and not 2003, was the aberration

1 Archer - the greatest!

DEVO said:
I find it interesting that we have only won 6 quarters (including 3 against Carlton), yet we are 4-0. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

GOOD THING for sure. We're not even outta 2nd gear YET !! The drongos in the media who want to pump up the 4-0 start as a 'playing at thier best' is just a sign of thier sheer stupidity. I'll take the arm-wrestle game that JYD has North playing atm instead of getting blown out in ONE qtr that means losing a game by that difference in the blown out qtr. Very much what arm wrestle the Lions were great at. Rarely blown out in any quarter (3 goals isn't panic stations you know) so JYD has the good oil circulating in the ROO cogs. Hey DEVO, when we want to whip it, we'll whip 'em good.

3. Harvey
2. Wells
1. Archer/Sinclair/Grant/Firrito I can't decide

Talking to a few guys at my footy club a couple go for carlton and they are all spewing on wellsy. They both reckon he is better than goddard altough they would love to have him too. I haven't been convinced before but spud really impressed me friday night. He is a difficult match up if he can take his midfielder forward. He has a strong body and is good overhead. His disposal was classy IMO.

Woodson said:
Hey DEVO, when we want to whip it, we'll whip 'em good.

Very Good. I've been waiting 4 years for someone to come up with that. :rolleyes: :D

I defintely think there is more positives than negatives, it says that our defense set up is working very well and is able to absorb a great deal of pressure, I just don't think they can keep it up for 22 rounds. We need the offense to fire. It is a nice to know though that there is still a fair bit of improvement in the team.

3 - Archer. What the hell are we going to do without him when the time comes? (perish the thought!) Once in a lifetime player.

2 - Harvey. Muuuuuuuuuch better Boomer!

1 - Wells. I dont think i'll be able to take it when he gets his goal kicking radar switched right on, which is pretty much his only blemish atm. "Mop and bucket to aisle 35...."

3 Harvey. Welcome back.

2 Archer. Without him we could have lost it in the first 15 minutes. Best form for some time and that is saying something.

1 Wells. Made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes but got so much of the ball when it mattered, and used it so beautifully most of the time, that's ok.

From a field of good contributors - especially liked Jones, Firrito, Makepeace and Sinclair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 4 votes vs Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back