Preview Rd 5 Pies vs Dons (Cox, Smith, Frost, Maynard in squad, White out, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do we see as the support for Moore in the next 5+ years, obviously cloke is on the way down and Gault hasnt come on as expected and we need further support for Moore who is our long term prospect

Do we see us targeting a big fish or someone established?
Or do you think we will develop another young player in tandom with Moore?
cox

I wasn't one who made any predictions but I did say I'd love to see him kick at least 40. I know that wasn't done on the assumption that we'd perform this badly in the early rounds and I assume others would say the same so I just wonder why there's so much apparent glee about our current situation.

A question I ask myself every time I'm stupid enough to look at this board recently.

I wasn't one who made any predictions but I did say I'd love to see him kick at least 40. I know that wasn't done on the assumption that we'd perform this badly in the early rounds and I assume others would say the same so I just wonder why there's so much apparent glee about our current situation.
It's a build up of frustration about the delusion around parts of our club

yeah same, but we need goals and he is the only genuine fwd in the league that doesnt kick any.

He's kicked 4 in the last two weeks though, Cox isn't going to do any better.

On a side note De Goey is 3rd is our goal kicking this year, good on the boy. (I know that's not a very good achievement at all considering how we're going but seeing as he spends a lot of time in the midfield his goal scoring ability will be a massive positive for us in the coming years.)

I don't think its glee, more a release from most borne from frustration than anything. I am sure every genuine supporter wants a return to form from Cloke and Cox is a Hail Mary in hope and a the perception that change is the answer.

so on average you would be fine with him kicking 23 goals a season!a kennedy or a buddy kick that in 3-4 weeks

They may well do but I don't recall them playing at Collingwood so not sure how they're relevant to a discussion on our goal kicking.

It's a build up of frustration about the delusion around parts of our club

Fair enough, delusion does seem to swing both ways on these boards though.

he should be doing what they are doing, he is on about the same amount of $$$ as them, not buddy obviously

And just how would he be doing in their teams, or they in ours, shock horror they kick more goals than our forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do we see as the support for Moore in the next 5+ years, obviously cloke is on the way down and Gault hasnt come on as expected and we need further support for Moore who is our long term prospect

Do we see us targeting a big fish or someone established?
Or do you think we will develop another young player in tandom with Moore?

Obviously? He's 29 so a drop in form constitutes the end of his career? Or are you suggesting that at 29 his best may well be behind him and we should be planning a replacement?

If Cloke doesn't play, Cox and Moore are going to get smothered.

Granted it'll be smothered by the worst backline in the AFL, but smothered nonetheless.

You don't get it troll :D dropping a 29 year old player like Cloke is going to teach him a valuable lesson o_O

Spot on!

And look as BJ has been at pains to point out it isn't set in stone yet that he's out, but I'm more just pointing out that little good will come from omitting him, IMO.

Regarding goals that Cloke has kicked the last few weeks, does anyone else remember them. I'm pretty sure most, if not all were somewhat gifted. I don't recall any that were kicked from a strong contested mark or hit from outside 50. He's horribly out of form, he's sore more than likely on that elbow and I'm not worried about him taking a break or being dropped. It can't make our situation any worse over a one week period. I think we need to put the 2013 Cloke to the back of our minds and manage the 2016 Cloke.

Obviously? He's 29 so a drop in form constitutes the end of his career? Or are you suggesting that at 29 his best may well be behind him and we should be planning a replacement?
I think his best is behind him... how long does he have left on his contract? Do you think we will renew his contract? I dont think the club will renew it,

As such what do we see the club doing moving forward?

I think his best is behind him... how long does he have left on his contract? Do you think we will renew his contract? I dont think the club will renew it,

Is contracted until the end of 2017 and it's performance based I believe.

We should still keep him on I think, albeit on our terms if he want's to keep playing.

I'm a little disheartened by it all knowing what the club, supporters and this board went through during his initial contract negotiation period. just feel a little ripped off.

Cox is not a forward, although I see him playing there as a resting ruckman but I see us having another prem forward much like the role dawes played
Actually, Cox has been played predominantly as a forward over the past year and a bit, and Balme was saying he's actually shown more ability as a forward than as a ruck.
The garbage about him being a ruckman because of his height is the same thing that was being said about Wright in 2014 when people like myself wanted to take him as a forward partner to develop alongside Moore. Now people suddenly want to trade him in from GC as a forward. It's ridiculous how short sighted people are...

Contract finishes at the end of 2017 I think. I think that the club will renew, little alternative. They may well try and poach a KPF out of another club but failing that putting all our hope on Moore and Cox going forward is only going to prolong the development phase we're currently enduring and just who is prepared for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back