Roast RD 7:- Game Review Blues v Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

To be brutally honest, as a team we were dismal. Absolutely dismal. We looked disinterested, slow, and as usual we had to many passengers. Usual suspects held up the side and if it wasn't for them we would have got absolutely slaughtered. Yarran debut was promising, but other than that, there isn't a whole lot of good to take out of this.

Lets all have a laugh at Carlton. In fact we deserve to be laughed at, pathetic display. Isn't it funny how the same people go missing every time the heat is on?.

i think this is a great insight and I certainly saw this from a lot of supporters tonight. it's a shame we can't omit some of the worst supporters.

I don't know why Russell is being included in the group of poor player's from tonight. He was solid and a lot better than most of our team. I can understand Cloke, Fev, Stevo, Wiggins copping it but I wouldn't include Russ. I think Gibbs gets off very lightly as well.

The two greatest players for Carlton are Kreuzer and Judd. Both give their all on the field and are very effective.

All were very impressive. I was surprised at how well Hampson handled it

Probably harsh to drop someone over one mistake, but in the final 5-10 minutes, he had the ball in his hands with a few around him at our forward 50. We needed a goal, he had time, but simply hand-balled/paddled the ball straight to the ground in front of him. Freo grabbed it and took it away...

It was not a fumble, he just gave up and wanted someone else to have the responsibility. I would drop him for that alone - if a player doesnt want the ball in his hands at any stage of a match, he should not be playing.

Austin/Yarran both showed very good signs.

Yes they did. Austin looked confident, Yarran did not. Once Yarran gains some confidence and match time, you can just see he is going to be something pretty special.

we are absolutely pathetic. unfortunately no improvement since last year.
rattens getting outcoached week in week out!
they forced us out wide way too often
when fev doesn't fire we have no chance
the following players must take a good hard look at themselves and should all be up for the chopping block:
1. Simon Wiggins- 10 possessions tonight and no goals= horror performance last week
2. Jordan Russell- I can't believe he keeps getting selected. His kicking is not even VFL standard.
3.Cameron Cloke- 1 cherry picking goal and NOTHING ELSE. provides nothing. is lazy, slow and a waste of space
4. Shaun Hampson- Really didn't rate his game. Only 6 hitouts and he looks like an unco.
5. Kade Simpson- Got alot of the ball but he is SO WEAK. gets outmuscled too often

All due respect watch the game again then come back and try again..... JR was solid again tonight. Can recall a kick over a leading waite which was poor, but his clearing work and decision making out of defence was better than average.

Hampson was rucking against a monster who is in the top 2-3 ruckmen in the league.. far from disgraced.

There would be at least 5-6 that played much worse than these 2.
NICK STEVENS AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhh!!!!!

Lets all have a laugh at Carlton. In fact we deserve to be laughed at, pathetic display. Isn't it funny how the same people go missing every time the heat is on? No finals for us again this year, same skill errors, turnovers, same people making same shameful decisions. We deserve everything we cop, we are a pathetic team we only have about 6 players who really try. I am laughing actually at all the post saying we are a top 4 team, we are going to smash Freo. What happened tonight? Let's hear the excuses for the passengers tonight. Yarran had a very good first game for us am excited by this kid, Murphy busted his balls, Kruz same again, Gibbs and Judd tried their hardest. Simpson, Thornton, Hadley, and a lot of others passengers that disappear when we need people to stand up. If it wasn't for Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Kruz, Yarran, Eddie we would have lost by 7 goals. Well done to Freo taught us a football lesson, we are just pathetic. We are nothing but a bunch of pretenders.

Thornton had a couple of thumbles which he got away with and other than that he had a VG game along with most of the backline IMO. Fair enuf Q.1 by Yarran but won't get carried away yet - we knew he had skill. I can't see how you wrap Eddie - had a shocker

dismal effort by fev. injury or no injury, he should take a lesson from pav

cloke, there are no words to describe how short he has fallen from expectations

simpson, russel, joseph, thornton, armfield killed us with skill errors tonight and were so far from their bests

judd's determination just makes me love this guy soo much. murphy in the same boat

gibbs hasn't lifted how we all wanted...and although he is better than most it was dissapointing in regards to his standards

bower did pretty well

scotland was better than average

yarran was ok

waite faded out towards the end

so disappointed, pies next week is a huge game now and from the nonchalant effort we put in today are we really up for the big occasion?

Agree with all of this bar Thornton (and I was one NOT critical of Walls) and Armie

we are absolutely pathetic. unfortunately no improvement since last year.
rattens getting outcoached week in week out!
they forced us out wide way too often
when fev doesn't fire we have no chance
the following players must take a good hard look at themselves and should all be up for the chopping block:
1. Simon Wiggins- 10 possessions tonight and no goals= horror performance last week
2. Jordan Russell- I can't believe he keeps getting selected. His kicking is not even VFL standard.
3.Cameron Cloke- 1 cherry picking goal and NOTHING ELSE. provides nothing. is lazy, slow and a waste of space
4. Shaun Hampson- Really didn't rate his game. Only 6 hitouts and he looks like an unco.
5. Kade Simpson- Got alot of the ball but he is SO WEAK. gets outmuscled too often

Can't disagree with any of this but liked Simmo's last Q endeavour.
Hammo can keep developing - 1's or 2's I don't think it matters.
Clokey and JR are unlikely to improve and they so very rarely hurt the opposn.
Wiggo is a great clubman

i think this is a great insight and I certainly saw this from a lot of supporters tonight. it's a shame we can't omit some of the worst supporters.

What did you see? Did you see our passengers? It's a shame people like you can't see past your nose.

Ratten showed what a dead set dumb fecking cent he is. Try getting the players to kick long to Fev! Enough of all the handpasses.:mad:

You are right about the same players letting the side down. Now watch them get critisised (fairly or unfairly) and the same morons will come out and defend them, every week.

Thats why we have the worst board on BF. :thumbsdown:

Do we really? If that's your opinion then why bother posting here?
If you really don't like it here I suggest you leave.
Make you happy, make everyone else happy! What do you reckon?

All due respect watch the game again then come back and try again..... JR was solid again tonight. Can recall a kick over a leading waite which was poor, but his clearing work and decision making out of defence was better than average.

Hampson was rucking against a monster who is in the top 2-3 ruckmen in the league.. far from disgraced.

There would be at least 5-6 that played much worse than these 2.
NICK STEVENS AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhh!!!!!

What about kicking into the man on the mark with a set shot at goal when we are 8 points down with 3mins to go.

How stupid can anyone be????????????????????????????????

Not dissapointed like I have been with the losses against Dons and Hawks. More Angry. Angrier than I've been with the side for a long time.

Ratts, sit the group together. Get them to get whatever they want off their chest and let Fevola see how dissapointing he can sometimes be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not an excuse, but surely we would have been 2 goals better in Melbourne?

I'm with you- thanks to whomever at CFC decided to play this "home" game in the football heartland that is Qld- ace.

Mind you, the fact that you get more money for playing in Qld than from a stadium deal in Melbourne speaks volumes.

What did you see? Did you see our passengers? .

the only passenger was Fev, everyone else had a crack but had a bad day. If Fev hadn't been a passenger, we would have won after having a bad day.

Probably harsh to drop someone over one mistake, but in the final 5-10 minutes, he had the ball in his hands with a few around him. He had time, but simply hand-balled/paddled the ball straight to the ground in front of him. Freo grabbed it and took it away...

It was not a fumble, he just gave up and wanted someone else to have the responsibility. I would drop him for that alone - if a player doesnt want the ball in his hands at any stage of a match, he should not be playing.

Hampson?...I can't remember that. I have to admit I had pretty low expectations. The last I saw him was at training around Rd 1 and he was dropping sitters and messing up kicks. Just seeing him mark on the lead impressed me. There is definitely improvement and I would drop Cloke before him. Realistically, there is probably more chance of Hampson being in our team when we are top 2 than Cloke so may as well give him game time now.

Although I can't remember the play you are referring to, overall, I thought that Hampson's effort was very good. He chased hard.

Way too many passengers and skill errors that's for sure. Although the lack of intensity earlier on is what stood out to me.

Waitey kept us in it early on in regards to getting goals and even then he did some handy work around our half of the oval afterwards and so he along with Kreuz, Murph, Judd, Yarran etc and to a lesser extent, Gibbs, I felt were the only ones who seem to really give their all.

I don't know why people are sort of bagging Joseph though, he's showing some pretty impressive signs and kicked an important goal, though unfortunately it was too little too late from the team. He and Armfield both do good things with their hardness and pace and they are both young, so I'm sure they will improve some of their defensive aspects and kicking/decision making.

Austin made some mistakes but otherwise I thought he showed some nice signs and showed a bit more composure than he previously has. I'd be disappointed if he gets dropped, I'd like to see him given more game time and besides it also helps to relieve Waite forward/wing.

Hammer again dropped some easy marks and had a couple of bad kicks but otherwise showed some good signs and displayed almost Kreuzer-like second/third efforts down low and applied some tackles.

Yarran looked pretty impressive in his first game. He seemed to have some nerves early on but that's to be expected. I'd like to see him remain as well.

I have no doubt in my mind Fev is injured. He was clearly struggling and I actually was hoping he'd be left on the bench because the damn team keeps going to him nearly everytime even when he has 2 or 3 guys on him and he basically has no chance. It's just not intelligent play. I wouldn't mind him getting a rest for a game sometime, anything to see our guys utilize other targets more effectively.

nick steven is losing his accurate passing, he used to be deadly accurate with his kick.
Without his great passing, he is just a very ordinary player.

You are right about the same players letting the side down. Now watch them get critisised (fairly or unfairly) and the same morons will come out and defend them, every week.
Those morons being your fellow Carlton supporters.

Thats why we have the worst board on BF. :thumbsdown:
No, if we have the worst board on BF it is because of the shambles it descends into on the night following a loss (witness - tonight).

We have posters abusing each other, players being denigrated, people saying they won't support the club any more, and so on.

And to think some on here have the absolute gall to criticize the Richmond board following a loss. :rolleyes:

cant wait for the usual muppets, like 30yearblue, to come on here and tell us that we lost cause we were inaccurate :rolleyes:

nah its never the coaches fault, hey 30? Continue to pick dud players and we will continue to lose games.

Why is it, that every team we play against makes it look so easy to get the ball from one end of the ground to the other yet we take an eternity getting it into our forward line?

nick steven is losing his accurate passing, he used to be deadly accurate with his kick.
Without his great passing, he is just a very ordinary player.

Perfectly said...there were times in the last quarter he needed to stand up as a senior player of the side and his disposal was no where near where it should be.

I've been debating whether to post this observation of Carlton since Rats took over but after watching this game I'm going to come out with it.

When a coach as credentialed and respected as Pagan gets knifed in the back by the future Carlton coach and certain inexperienced ex footballer wannabe administrators for lack of success, when Carlton simply did not have the cattle and anyone with half a brain new it, I thought to myself this is an accident waiting to happen.

Rats isn't a coaches arseh*le, is known for being a backstabbing selfish individual and the club has emphasized that by appointing a selfish me before the club captain.

Combine that with a selfish dummy spitting full forward and you have a team that simply does not put club above self, built on weak foundations and will remain so until the Cancer that is Ratten is removed.

Mark my words this team can have all the talent in the world courtesy of years of top draft picks and it wont mean squat because they do not play for each other or the club.

I supported Carlton all my life as a West Aussie until we finally got a West Aussie side and I made the heart wrenching decision to make a clean break and support a west Aussie team in the AFL.

I still love and support Carlton and have no hidden agenda.

Rats will have to go before this proud club can ever return to anything like it's past glories.

Appointing backstabbing Ratten, being weak under pressure and failing to follow through on a planned orderly recovery under an Elite coach, growing and teaching top draft picks over a number of years with discipline and heart was the biggest mistake this club has made in recent times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast RD 7:- Game Review Blues v Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back