Roast RD 7:- Game Review Blues v Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

But the question is how many times has Stevens disappeared when the pressure is on. Only to reappear when the team are flying and we are winning.

Simon Wiggins- you can tackle i give you that but you are such a SHIT player why is this fool in our team.
2. Jordan Russell- honestly how long can this chop have, FFS DROP THIS KID.
3.Cameron Cloke- WHAT A F-ING HACK.
4. Shaun Hampson- pretty useless a little sad he signed beyond 2010 hopefully we can get half a decent trade off the GC for him.
5. Kade Simpson- is so weak and such a shit kick has a dip but just isnt good enough.
6. Thornton- fumble bumbles himself is crap.

But do tell me guys who the hell can we bring in for all these bad players, we go on about how having depth thesedays but really we have depth full on players who in fact just not very good.

Those morons being your fellow Carlton supporters.

No, if we have the worst board on BF it is because of the shambles it descends into on the night following a loss (witness - tonight).

We have posters abusing each other, players being denigrated, people saying they won't support the club any more, and so on.

And to think some on here have the absolute gall to criticize the Richmond board following a loss. :rolleyes:

here here.

nick steven is losing his accurate passing, he used to be deadly accurate with his kick.
Without his great passing, he is just a very ordinary player.

Should we give that controversial Poll another shot?... I think it was 93% in favour of Stevo. Might be a different result if conducted now.

I love the Blues but I have not been able to work out why so many of you expected so much this year. What are the massive changes from last year? Juddy is fitter but he already double everybody else in hardball gets last year and Murph has improved some more like we expected but what else were you guys expecting :confused:

Nice to see Ratts throw Waitey forward albeit too briefly. As I keep saying - until we fix the forward line we will be middle of the road. Patience will help men :rolleyes:

only fev could make tarrant look like a million dollars. to be fair tarrant hasn't been that bad lately. tarrant was born to play on fev, next time around fev will kick 10 just to even up the ineptitude.

cut to pieces through the midfield, they just scythed through so many times. no midfield pressure, at least that's what it looked like while i could bear to watch. looked slow on the ground and slow getting it forward.

not jumping onto the 'trade fev' nonsense again, not that i ever did. you can chalk a couple of these up every year, this is one out of the way. our midfield is meant to be kicking more goals but they didn't do that either.
i wanted to wait a bit longer in the year before i started beating my chest over finals and ladder positions.
the games have been close, but we've been lacking.

waite going forward was a nice move. and early enough that he could make some sort of difference instead of when the game was almost over. but it papered over the cracks.

• We stunk, plain and simple... was the most pathetic performance by our team ever. In 2002-2007 we were a shyte team so performances like that were expected... in 2009 that shit is pathetic.
  • Ratts needs to come out and apologise for that and no defending Fev!
  • We need Waite forward, blood Austin and Hartlett to be defenders now to take his place.
  • Bring in Garlett next week... Yarran/Garlett/Eddie up forward will be awesome.
  • We have poor skills and decision making the last 2 weeks, we just think we'll turn it on.. which we do, but it's always too little too late.
  • We are not Geelong, so why do we persist to try and play like them?
  • We have no heart! Did it die with Pratt?

Well I was expecting to play finals, but I was saying all along that we will finish between 6 - 10, but after these performances I don't think we will make finals.

Cam Cloke needs to be dropped and A. Hartlett needs to come in, playing as a Centre Half Back, and we need Waite to go up forward.

Youre kidding right...? Surely...

the only other person i might give some shit to is Stevens, but I've done plenty of that over the years.

everyone had a crack but we had a bad night.

our forum is having a worse night than our team did though, so i'll come back tomorrow and see if there's been an improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only other person i might give some shit to is Stevens, but I've done plenty of that over the years.

everyone had a crack but we had a bad night.

our forum is having a worse night than our team did though, so i'll come back tomorrow and see if there's been an improvement.

You obviously dont watch too many games of football...
In an insipid display tonight how can you possibly state we had one passenger...

guys what about richard hadlee, why all the love for him, he really is not a good player, piss him off back to the vfl, he can tackle but thats about it, he was a reject, and in my opinion just does not cut it.

I've been debating whether to post this observation of Carlton since Rats took over but after watching this game I'm going to come out with it.

When a coach as credentialed and respected as Pagan gets knifed in the back by the future Carlton coach and certain inexperienced ex footballer wannabe administrators for lack of success, when Carlton simply did not have the cattle and anyone with half a brain new it, I thought to myself this is an accident waiting to happen.

Rats isn't a coaches arseh*le, is known for being a backstabbing selfish individual and the club has emphasized that by appointing a selfish me before the club captain.

Combine that with a selfish dummy spitting full forward and you have a team that simply does not put club above self, built on weak foundations and will remain so until the Cancer that is Ratten is removed.

Mark my words this team can have all the talent in the world courtesy of years of top draft picks and it wont mean squat because they do not play for each other or the club.

I supported Carlton all my life as a West Aussie until we finally got a West Aussie side and I made the heart wrenching decision to make a clean break and support a west Aussie team in the AFL.

I still love and support Carlton and have no hidden agenda.

Rats will have to go before this proud club can ever return to anything like it's past glories.

Appointing backstabbing Ratten, being weak under pressure and failing to follow through on a planned orderly recovery under an Elite coach, growing and teaching top draft picks over a number of years with discipline and heart was the biggest mistake this club has made in recent times.

+1

Tear up his contract. As well as most of the assistant coaches. And this time, have a proper process in place for picking a coach. Don't just choose one over the others because he's an ex blues player.

Totally agree. Until Ratts goes, were going nowhere.

And Fev should be dropped. His attitude is piss poor.

When is Cloke going to be dropped? He does not present, he's soft at CHF considering his size and he cannot take consistent marks overhead or on a strong lead.

The Dockers shut down our forward line extremely well. Why a guy like Cloke could not dominate tonight is beyond me. Considering that Waite, Hampson and Kreuzer can go down forward and have an impact must mean that they are all better options that persisting with Cloke. He takes a spot on the list and provides little value. I don't see any upside...

But the question is how many times has Stevens disappeared when the pressure is on. Only to reappear when the team are flying and we are winning.

FFS, Stevo is not a hard in and under type of player. He dissapears when the pressure is on because that's not his role!!!!

He's clearly an outside player with an ability to pinpoint a pass or nail a goal from 50 9 times out of 10 and tonight he did his job once again. Just wasn't given the opportunity to showcase his skills because for some reason we'd rather chip the ****in thing around and be patient waiting for an opportunity to present itself (translated, frig around with the ball til we cough it up).

When we run the ball and our trust our instincts instead of some retarted keep things off game plan he's usally the one on the end of the chain nailing the goal from 40 on the run!

ok. this point last year we were at 3-4 also and we finished 11th? (or 10th, iunno)

so im still confident of making finals this year with a better run to the end this year....i think alot of us here got carried away with the top 4 talk...look at our threads from after the 08 season and you'll see what we should be aiming for...not all these james hird et al puff pieces.

still though...issues need to be addressed...glass is 3/7ths full!

When is Cloke going to be dropped? He does not present, he's soft at CHF considering his size and he cannot take consistent marks overhead or on a strong lead.

The Dockers shut down our forward line extremely well. Why a guy like Cloke could not dominate tonight is beyond me. Considering that Waite, Hampson and Kreuzer can go down forward and have an impact must mean that they are all better options that persisting with Cloke. He takes a spot on the list and provides little value. I don't see any upside...

that clown has to be feckin dropped very feckin soon or myself along with many others will be very feckin pissed off. he is so feckin shit it just staggers me that he is still in our 1s team. surely we can bring in Harts, hope his hammy holds up, throw him at CHB and chuck Waitey forward, then we look much more dangerous.

but ratts has no BLOODY IDEA honestly i am starting to wonder whether this guy has to coaching brains to take us to the top.

Well I was expecting to play finals, but I was saying all along that we will finish between 6 - 10, but after these performances I don't think we will make finals.

yeah, I suppose I was expecting about the same but I was thinking we had Warnock in the ruck and Kreuze or someone else standing up at CHF. I still even wonder if Jacobs was still doing the job and Kreuze or Waitey were at CHF - whether we may have won a couple more games :confused:

Once Robbie Warnock comes back id imagine Cloke would be just about gone.
He gives us nothing up forward, nothing in the ruck and is extremely slow which lets opponents run off him at ease.

i dunno... why are supporters so bad if they criticize a team? what are we supposed to say about our players? what would a coach do? we could tell the truth about a shite effort, or we could keep our heads in the sand and never improve. sure, lets give them a 'cheer up fellas', and they'll turn out this sort of effort week after week. they need a kick up the arse.

yeah, I suppose I was expecting about the same but I was thinking we had Warnock in the ruck and Kreuze or someone else standing up at CHF. I still even wonder if Jacobs was still doing the job and Kreuze or Waitey were at CHF - whether we may have won a couple more games :confused:

Jacobs has been a big loss for us for me. Hammo I don't think can cut it at AFL level, although he needs some more time in the seniors.

Although I can't remember the play you are referring to, overall, I thought that Hampson's effort was very good. He chased hard.

Yeah like I said hard to judge on one incident - We can't have Cloke rucking, so if nothing else he almost stays in the side by default, however I think he deserves a run at it for a few games.

However, while I can recall some weak moments from players coughing it up, to simply decide you dont want the footy and basically chucking it to ground was pretty poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast RD 7:- Game Review Blues v Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back