Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

If that’s the case I won’t watch or care. As far as I’m concerned it’s not a real event. The crowd and its attendance is as much part of the game as the game itself. Just call it off
I hope it does go ahead. Even behind closed doors. I’d rather watch it on television than not at all.

Worst case scenario is they cancel the season like other codes have done.
Players can train each week to maintain fitness.
But playing in closed venues would attract huge ratings on TV, streaming.
Interstate flights would be a concern though.
They would have to have sterilised flights because they are a key risk.
Maybe call the season off or delay it.
I wouldn't want our players on commercial flights because we simply don't know how long the virus stays airborne.

Last edited:
Worst case scenario is they cancel the season like other codes have done.
Players can train each week to maintain fitness.
But playing in closed venues would attract huge ratings on TV, streaming.
Interstate flights would be a concern though.
They would have to have sterilised flights because they are a key risk.
Maybe call the season off or delay it.
I wouldn't want our players on commercial flights because we simply don't know how long the virus stays airborne.

they wont cancel the season imo, would be a disaster

delaying will happen at some point though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cancel the first month and then run a 17 game season

might be some double ups and some teams not play each other at all but it is what it is

Start the season from Round 6?

LOL

Richmond's first 6 out of 7 games played at the G … you will hear the cries all the way from Perth if that happens lol

Start the season from Round 6?

LOL

Richmond's first 6 out of 7 games played at the G … you will hear the cries all the way from Perth if that happens lol

COVID-19 is clearly a Geelong supporter

If a player contracts the virus on an interstate flight, everyone's affected.
Then they have to disinfect the club facilities, like the affected schools are doing.
Virus stays on the surface for one day, two hours in the air.

Last edited:
Too late she said

Mind boggles at the decision not to do that 6 weeks ago to stop any tourist etc coming in . They said it would be bad for the tourism industry lol now the tourism is still ****ed and it has spread to virtually every industry here now . ****wits

Can't wait for the players to emerge from the rooms to the massive echo of Razor Ray practicing his bouncing.
Can't wait to see the boundary umpire heading up into row 15 to collect the ball after it is put out on the full.
Can't wait to hear the ball bouncing of the netting behind the goals.
Can't wait to hear the roar of nothing with the scores locked together with a minute to play.
Can't wait to hear the siren sound to end the game and silence.

**** that, i would rather they postpone instead of rubbing our faces in it by showing us something we are not allowed to attend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

Back