Rd9 Trades (Real DT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well, we're firmly in the MBRs. Western Sydney, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, West Coast, Carlton & Hawthorn all have the bye in Round 9. We also get a nice partial lockout game on Thursday night between Collingwood & Adelaide. Beams, Pendlebury, Swan & Dangerfield are the predictable loophole options. Plus we can now get as many Rd8 bye players (Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Johnson, Selwood, Cotchin, etc) as we like now!

My plans:
I always planned to trade Langford out this week, but he has had 84 and 91 in his last two games and therefore has a pretty sweet BE. I still got Georgiou hanging around, so I might upgrade him instead. Roughead's suspension hurts, Dusty Martin has a nice draw coming up and has his bye out of the way...so I guess that is an option as well. If any Rd10 rookie gets a surprise chop they're pretty much gone too.

Well, we're firmly in the MBRs. Western Sydney, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, West Coast, Carlton & Hawthorn all have the bye in Round 9. We also get a nice partial lockout game on Thursday night between Collingwood & Adelaide. Beams, Pendlebury, Swan & Dangerfield are the predictable loophole options. Plus we can now get as many Rd8 bye players (Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Beams, Johnson, Selwood, Cotchin, etc) as we like now!

My plans:
I always planned to trade Langford out this week, but he has had 84 and 91 in his last two games and therefore has a pretty sweet BE. I still got Georgiou hanging around, so I might upgrade him instead. Roughead's suspension hurts, Dusty Martin has a nice draw coming up and has his bye out of the way...so I guess that is an option as well. If any Rd10 rookie gets a surprise chop they're pretty much gone too.
Yes our Rnd 8 saviours are back :thumbsu:. Think Polec's run is about over, his B/E will probably be about 80/90 odd in rnd 10, he's been a good servant of the Muppets but it's time for him to be put down. I need to get Stevie J in and further upgrade my fwdline (NRoo). Backline rooks have been solid lately so will let them fatten up a bit more, then get Bartel and Hibberd in.

286CGyb.png

Here is what I planned last week. I think I'll be letting Tyson ride and bouncing Polec instead though. Made a mistake with my players but next weeks team will now look like

MNfnwUX.png

20 available next week with Fasolo, Ambrose and Aylett all in danger of not getting a game.
Ranked 696, 120K still banked, 19 trades remaining and missing just 1 premo from D/M/F - things are looking good!

Time to bring out the warchest for this week. Only made the one downgrade last week to conserve trades and score 1808. Got just over 400k in the kitty and looking to do some serious midfield upgrading. Macrae, Polec and Higgins are who I plan on upgrading this week. Think Macrae is starting to run out of steam and has peaked a little when it comes to price. Polec has a high BE and even though he's been a solid performer, I need to get a premium in for him. Also want to upgrade Higgins before he drops in price.

Macrae > Stevie J
Polec > Swan
Higgins > Selwood

Main priority is to get Swan and Stevie J in this round. Being able to get Selwood so cheap for the second half of the season where he guns it is just a bonus. Only leaves me with $700 leftover, but this works really well for me and my bye structure. Should hopefully give me the push I need to get into the top 1000.

That's my current team as of this round. Midfield and backline, as well as rucks are mostly done, just leaving me with a couple of forward upgrades left to do, where I'll be targeting Dangerfield and Parker in a couple of weeks.

5BpG5MX.jpg

Last edited:
McDonald -> Bartel
Polec -> SJ
Cunningham -> Ablett

Leaves me with 21 this week and enough next week with my planned trades so I'm more than happy with my situation.

My team (not taking in to account byes) currently:
DEF: Bartel, Hooker, McVeigh, Swallow, Suckling, Langdon, (Langford, Georgiou)
MID: S. Johnson, Rockliff, Watson, Ablett, Beams, Swan, Cotchin, Acres, (Robertson, Hallahan)
RUC: Sandilands, Minson, (Derickx, Currie)
FWD: Parker, Dangerfield, Gunston, Dahlhaus, Merrett, Lloyd, (Kennedy-Harris, Ambrose)

Merrett, Robertson and KH probably all on the chopping block next week.

Went:
Georgiou > Bartel
Robertson > Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd9 Trades (Real DT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back