RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mean time back in big boys RDFL land massive game this weekend it's a shame that one of Wallan or Romsey could miss the top six on there day can push most of the top sides, Sunbury will be closely watching the scores gtee that as it may come down to percentage.
Who's selecting who
My selection is Romsey there in form at home where there hard to beat and from what's been said Wallan have a few outs will test there depth also would love to see Romsey get reward for playing there kids
All the best to both sides

Wasn't whacking them. Was generally asking a question. Like any concerned rdfl person. Not like yourself who is all about ME ME ME and crap comments because you have no other direction in life to get a pat on the back from.

You clearly know me extremely well, everything I have done over the years at 3 clubs and the league board and contributing to the league football record for finals for the past 8 years and radio during the year and finals has all been about a pat on the back for me. Feel free to investigate yourself and ask some of those that have had anything to do with me whether that's my end goal in the RDFL. I love this competition and the people in it and will do whatever I can to help out. But I'm sure I can take a leaf from your book, pot people here and there and contribute bugger all.

Great to see that you're from one of those clubs that I dedicated 14 years to when they were on the brink of folding.

Look forward to seeing all of the tasks that you commit yourself to in order to help your club or the league.

And by the weekend, I'm sure your discussions/insulting each other will continue. But mid-week when last weekends games had already been discussed and next weekends hadn't begun to be discussed yet, the other 7% of us are having an interesting conversation about the future of the league
Well jump on to the junior forum and join in all the kiddies chat there. If big footy is the only way you can discuss the local footy, maybe you should head down to a club and chat to some people not a computer.

You clearly know me extremely well, everything I have done over the years at 3 clubs and the league board and contributing to the league football record for finals for the past 8 years and radio during the year and finals has all been about a pat on the back for me. Feel free to investigate yourself and ask some of those that have had anything to do with me whether that's my end goal in the RDFL. I love this competition and the people in it and will do whatever I can to help out. But I'm sure I can take a leaf from your book, pot people here and there and contribute bugger all.

Great to see that you're from one of those clubs that I dedicated 14 years to when they were on the brink of folding.

Look forward to seeing all of the tasks that you commit yourself to in order to help your club or the league.
Agree people shouldn't pot people on this site :) your a legend mate it's all fun well done on all your achievements fantastic traveler behave mate.

Agree people shouldn't pot people on this site :) your a legend mate it's all fun well done on all your achievements fantastic traveler behave mate.

Can someone please delete this blokes account. It is hard enough trying to decipher his drivel and then if you can, you realise he talks absolute sh1te on pretty much every topic he touches on.

You're 100% incorrect with soccer. In fact local footy could learn a lot about grading from soccer. FFV have a clear ABC grade system but this does mean brothers rarely play at the same venue. Families rely on lifts from friends to get to and from venues.

Spot on Jack. This is what needs to happen. Stop pandering to the parents that think they need to be there to see little Johnny play every game and take his stats. Take it in turns to car share like the good old days

Can someone please delete this blokes account. It is hard enough trying to decipher his drivel and then if you can, you realise he talks absolute sh1te on pretty much every topic he touches on.
Problem with this site is you put a opinion get the definition of this word firstly doesn't mean fact you put it on the site and get potted see you either have more than one account yabblet because can't remember the last time you quoted on here and when you do it's to poke and prod a individual it really is crap like you posted that screws this site.
I'm happy not to post and watch and make the odd comment but crap can some one post some footy info on here let's watch the next ten posts see what's on here of substance

Problem with this site is you put a opinion get the definition of this word firstly doesn't mean fact you put it on the site and get potted see you either have more than one account yabblet because can't remember the last time you quoted on here and when you do it's to poke and prod a individual it really is crap like you posted that screws this site.
I'm happy not to post and watch and make the odd comment but crap can some one post some footy info on here let's watch the next ten posts see what's on here of substance

View attachment 399887 Whisper has it paying overs not sustainable ??????

What of this post you posted recently of a 3 year old notice of a club to try to stir up sh1te and then say you were "fishing". Just a question Dave was this your "opinion" or was it some "footy info" or was it a post of "substance".

View attachment 399887 Whisper has it paying overs not sustainable ??????

What of this post you posted recently of a 3 year old notice of a club to try to stir up sh1te and then say you were "fishing". Just a question Dave was this your "opinion" or was it some "footy info" or was it a post of "substance".
Great footy post lots of substance

Last edited:
Back to the footy gents, with the $hitful forecast for Satdy how does it all pan out?

Do Macedon/Diggers cut their losses, rest any aches and pains and go bruise free with an eye to next week? Over two inches of rain on the mountain so far this week and we all know how she can bog up at Tony Clarke Reserve, it may force a contested style whether they like it or not.

If Romsey get over Wallan in a real tight one, can Sunbury go all out attack at Gilbert Gordon against Woodend and edge the percentage difference between them and Wallan?

Back to the footy gents, with the $hitful forecast for Satdy how does it all pan out?

Do Macedon/Diggers cut their losses, rest any aches and pains and go bruise free with an eye to next week? Over two inches of rain on the mountain so far this week and we all know how she can bog up at Tony Clarke Reserve, it may force a contested style whether they like it or not.

If Romsey get over Wallan in a real tight one, can Sunbury go all out attack at Gilbert Gordon against Woodend and edge the percentage difference between them and Wallan?
Go all out .. you're just as likely to do an injury taking it easy than going flat out .. get your guns into great form and confidence.. footy fans know that this is a must-see game; give them a game that is similar to that of the finals.
Romsey and Diggers Rest was an outstanding game last weekend .. both teams hit the ball hard; and while skills may have been ordinary at times; it had FINALS stamped over it ..

In the mean time back in big boys RDFL land massive game this weekend it's a shame that one of Wallan or Romsey could miss the top six on there day can push most of the top sides, Sunbury will be closely watching the scores gtee that as it may come down to percentage.
Who's selecting who
My selection is Romsey there in form at home where there hard to beat and from what's been said Wallan have a few outs will test there depth also would love to see Romsey get reward for playing there kids
All the best to both sides
Would this be the 2nd year in a row wallen can push Sunbury out of finals like last year when they beat Rockbank by 400 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would this be the 2nd year in a row wallen can push Sunbury out of finals like last year when they beat Rockbank by 400 points.
Could be some revenge for the lads at Sunbury a big win against woodend and Romsey get up will come down to percentage be a interesting day of footy

Far ken hell Lozwilda whilst I and many others are critical of this league in some areas I reckon your off the mark re recording junior games.Do you seriously think the league should record every game played?If so who pays?I do hope your only taking the pi$$ but if your so concerned I suggest in future you record and put young Brandons highlights on here for us to admire.
The website best players and goal kickers are not recorded. Nothing to do with video footage!

The website best players and goal kickers are not recorded. Nothing to do with video footage!

The irony in all this, especially given the over the top media reporting is I'm pretty certain I read that a couple of the Macedon FC junior teams failed to score in their last finals game. Now just imagine if the scoreboards had to be in fact stopped in order to save a few little Johnny's mindsets and ensure they return to play footy again in 2018.

The RDFNL Juniors need to cap the clubs to 2 teams at this stage. Rupo's 3rd team (all lower age kids) playing 2nd Division teams with half the team being upper age and flogging them by 100-200 points each week is not developing anyone.
Players will go to other clubs and the competition will become more even and games closer and with that, improved development all round.
Also helps Senior teams with the points system now in place. At this stage the points system hurts the development of Juniors hoping to play senior footy when they have come from another club years earlier. i.e. 4 pts for a 17/18 year old who could of played 45 games in u14 and u16s and then 20 games of u18s. u18s do not count toward junior games. So could of been at the club for 5 years and is worth 4 pts?? to play seniors.

I make it Sunbury Kangas would need to win by about 120 points if Romsey win, just need to win if Wallan win, will the weather have the final say ?
Of course the weather will have a say. If Sunbury beat Lancefield last week on an ok day by just over 100. That means on wet day they have no chance but prey for wallen to win. Few worried caps at Sunbury I would think if 7th is their spot again. The list they have you would have thought top 4.

I make it Sunbury Kangas would need to win by about 120 points if Romsey win, just need to win if Wallan win, will the weather have the final say ?
If wallan lose by a point kangaroos need to win by 30-40 points. Unsure where you are getting your figures.

A 6 goal win to Sunbury should see them play finals no matter what

Think the margin is les than that. If Wallan lose 60/90 And Sunbury win 90/60 Sunbury scrap in according to my calculator.
personally would like to see Wallan make it. It's a long time since someone out of the big six has made finals two years in a row..

Sorry broadford did make previous couple of Years....

Last edited:
Maybe Wallan and Romsey might get together and say lets have a bruise free game,grab a draw and they both play finals,with no injuries out of the game?? Win/Win for them both.

Maybe Wallan and Romsey might get together and say lets have a bruise free game,grab a draw and they both play finals,with no injuries out of the game?? Win/Win for them both.

Sounds like a plan. :)

Another U18 making his debut tomorrow in such a big game too. Good luck, Jake Hall.

upload_2017-8-19_17-3-30.png

Sunbury wins 91-50 giving them a percentage of 150.25
Wallan loses 94-78 giving them a percentage of 147.78

Despite an impressive season, Wallan somehow, amazingly, misses out on finals with a 10-6 record and over 147%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back