RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

i1152130_Untitled2.jpg

any thoughts if sippy will be at the hawks again for season 08? I know he wasnt even %100 fit this year and still dominated ... surely he would be walk up 1's in better leagues?

your spot on, he would def be a walk up start in any team, any leauge, he has had a few offers to go and play with mates up bush, but he is really enjoying himself back at the old stomping ground, although he hasnt been fit for most of the year he wants to finish up his carrer at WH, the same club his family has been part of for a good 10 years.

he is quite annoyed at the way he has been injured for most of the year, so look out other rdfl clubs for a fitter, stronger and hungier sippy next year, that is not saying that he isnt ready for sunday, he has just said that he feels as though he isnt getting the most out of himself, he dose pull up quite sore after games, must be hard when all players are trying to smash you at all contests he goes to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im guessing that rooster is hoping to get as lucky as he did on leauge presentation night and walk away with the awards...... i did hear he went ok with the females last time you guys were up there???

Rooster always seems to do pretty well with the ladies, however not many of them turn out to have too much stability between the ears:D Perhaps that's how he does it? :confused: I know who I'll be drinking with this year;)

Catters, are you on the trip?

Rooster always seems to do pretty well with the ladies, however not many of them turn out to have too much stability between the ears:D Perhaps that's how he does it? :confused: I know who I'll be drinking with this year;)

Catters, are you on the trip?

yep late inclusion...rooster asked me for 500 on the last day before he paid...i just happened to have that lieing in the back pocket...so i thought why not...

he might not be a favourite on the field...but few blokes can rival the affect that morgan has with the ladies...i hear he has a misses though??
will this affect his pulling abilities harry?

yep late inclusion...rooster asked me for 500 on the last day before he paid...i just happened to have that lieing in the back pocket...so i thought why not...

he might not be a favourite on the field...but few blokes can rival the affect that morgan has with the ladies...i hear he has a misses though??

Knowing the ladies man Morgs is, it shall have no effect on his FT performance.

Any bets this week Catters? You cleaned me out last week :D

Knowing the ladies man Morgs is, it shall have no effect on his FT performance.

Any bets this week Catters? You cleaned me out last week :D

yep ill jump on central sport and look at a multi bet...give me netball odds and ill go for the tip 5....what would you give for that..

Nothing will effect his pulling power although being the noble man that he is, I doubt very much that he would use his power for evil. Yet another bloke I will be drinking with.:D

It was good to blow out the cobwebs on Mad Monday and start gearing up for the footy trip. I'm glad a certain new recruit to the club won't be in attendance on the Footy Trip after his form in the pub. We may have to start calling him either "mumbles" or "tangles". Very entertaining though:D.

Okay due to the demand I'll finally crack and give odds for the netball grand finals. They will be skinny though, so don't complain!

A-grade: Riddell $1.30 v Diggers Rest $2.00
B-grade: Diggers Rest $1.10 v Romsey $2.50

Fair dinkum Pickles if you had of wasted my 90 cents and run with this I woulda rang Westy and went apes hit. Never thought Id see the Shepp News run with something like this, the past week respected journo Rob Harris copped a pasting on the GVFL thread over an article on outgoing Rochy coach Dave Williams so I think it was the News' way of hosing it down. Good on "Fred" for utilising the time to promote this great website, but the relevance or substance in it all left me majorly confused.

Big views on a big game

by Teo Pellizzeri
September 19 2007
Shepparton News

They don't have swords or shields, ride valiant steeds or sail the seven seas.
But it does not mean they are not warriors, the keyboard warriors of Bigfooty.com

An Australian Rules discussion website for all levels of the game, Bigfooty has a vast array of opinions about the national game.

Having started in 2002, Bigfooty is no secret to the football population of the Goulburn Valley; this year's Goulburn Valley league thread has more than 10 500 posts and 520 000 views, while the Kyabram league thread is at 5500 posts and more than 240 000 views.

But popularity does not guarantee quality; whether it's the Goulburn Valley, suburban or even AFL.

Bigfooty is a world where Carlton and Essendon are equal second on the all-time AFL premiership list, their 16 VFL/AFL premierships a meagre tally in comparison to Port Adelaide's muscular 35 SANFL/AFL flags.

Power fans on Bigfooty will proudly boast "35 flags - we exist to win premierships" prompting West Coast fan "Son of Reep" to attribute all WAFL flags before 1987 to the Eagles and reply with; "West Coast Eagles, 113 AFL/WAFL flags - we exist to make spurious claims about premierships."

It sounds stupid doesn't it, but it's the sort of argument that flies on Bigfooty and quite simply, is rarely resolved as new waves of users register and reignite old debates.

Bigfooty's credibility as a news source is also suspect at best given users generally have free rein to rumourmonger and speculate as much as they like, provided it doesn't overstep any existing court injunctions.

But there can be no doubt that the luminaries of the AFL print and digital media read Bigfooty and pick and choose ideas presented on the boards to end up in stories of their own.

On July 30 user "The Royal Sampler" started a new thread presenting an idea to eliminate tanking from the AFL; by August 7 the Herald Sun's Mark Stevens had regurgitated the same theory - but maybe great minds think alike . . . or Stevens posts as "The Royal Sampler".

While previously regarded as the home of competitive urinary pursuits, this year has shown that Bigfooty's credibility as a source of AFL scoops and ideas is becoming more recognised.

However, in district footy the respect for a Bigfooty scoop has always been there, provided you know enough player nicknames to identify who is being talked about.

Earlier this year the Goulburn Valley Fotoball League requested certain posts on Bigfooty of an offensive and personal nature be removed by administrators - the request was obliged, but it doesn't mean banter has been totally cut out of the discussion.

"I don't know why supporters use Bigfooty, I just think it shows their passion for Goulburn Valley football," league general manager Eric Bott said.

"I don't have an account, I never will," he said.

An Ardmona fan gives his impressions on a KDFL match:
Originally posted by Naasdik

he wudda bin beta ifs he got out of the sqair a bite moor and if joey masters is our bist playa then we in troble nixt weak ang gibbo wuda bin stanhpes best playa givan four goals away threes good but

A Tigers fan hits out at Hawthorn:
Originally posted by Smash `N' Grab

Hawthorn supporters are a blight on bigfooty. Insecure trolls with not much to do.

A ropeable Goulburn Valley Football League follower on how The News covered David Williams' exit from Rochester:
Originally posted by ManBearPig

Why should anyone care about how David Williams deals with Rob fricken Harris?
Like he's the king of the GV or something.
He needs to get over himself. If he was any good at his job, he would have lasted longer in his forray into the big smoke.
David Williams is somebody in the GV, Rob Harris wants to be.

A poster hits out at being repeatedly reported to moderators in the Goulburn Valley under-18s thread:
Originally posted by nintedoboy#23

cheers to whoeva keeps putting in complaints against me. i'm just going to make a new one if this one gets deleted. guessing it's one of the little ky girls.
Keeping things under control

Teo Pellizzeri puts the hard questions to bigfooty.com administrator "Fred" over the Internet.
TP: Why might people be willing to share the information they do under private aliases on the Internet when they'd keep it hush-hush in person?
Fred: Probably because if they get it wrong using an Internet alias there's no real embarrassment whereas if you're talking to friends they'll remember.
The Internet is an impersonal way of communicating with others and many people are quite different on the net compared to real life.

TP: What sort of control does Bigfooty have when it gets personal, especially in a district footy thread?
Fred: Even at a district level it's hard for the moderators to know the truth of what's said.
Apart from what the moderators see, we rely on other posters pointing out things that are untrue or could be hurtful to a person or club. Posters that make a habit of breaking the rules are suspended or banned.

TP: Why do you think Bigfooty is proving such a popular means of communication for Goulburn Valley league fans compared to some of the other leagues? Fred: The GVFL is a major league that has a large following and naturally attracts many posters.
Bigfooty, being the largest forum for AFL with a strong regional footy focus, attracts the most numbers.

TP: What in your opinion is the biggest AFL story ever to have been broken/leaked on Bigfooty?
Fred: The biggest story to have broken on Bigfooty was a few years ago when we had the All-Australian team posted a week before it was announced. It certainly attracted the attention of the AFL.

TP: Does it annoy you to see columnists/journalists take material that has been posted off Bigfooty without attribution?
Fred: It's a compliment really. There are some mainstream footy journalists that are registered members, while others are just readers. There have been cases where deliberate `red herrings' have been posted and it's made the papers.

Thanks for the read Doon, I've been a long-time supporter of BigFooty. While there can be idiots who get on and shoot their mouths off from behind their keyboards at home, it can also be a handy source for information. When I speak to sports journos about BF they always tell me they read it. Some post, some don't, but all of us agree that it would be silly of us journo's not to at least glance at the forums from time to time. Of course, any good journo would follow up the facts, rather than go publishing straight from the source, but it has certainly helped many of my articles in the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back