RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theats Woodend out the way - Fair line up too....

Just Romsey, Riddell, Rockbank, macedon, lancefield, Melton, Sunbury, Kilmore and Diggers to go.... Comon guys, the best 6 in each team for 2007... The season is neally upon us now, things are getting exciting...

Lancefield (in no order)

Chris Collins
Simon Choate
Dale Joseph
Phil Conway
Sam Graham
Paul Cook

Romsey (in no order)

Steve Burlak
Brydon Morgan
Luke Edwards
Ryan Connellan
Warren Kairns
Matt McLellan

Last Year excluding Aaron off course

1. Mark McInerney
2. Leigh McInerney
3. Garth Plogg
4. Bobby Johnstone
5. Simon Dononvan

This year

1. Mark McInerney
2. Garth Plogg/ Leigh McInerney equal 2nd
3. Steve James
4. Dean Helmers
5. Rob Ellis - looking 100% this pre-season

Riddell
  1. Wadden
  2. J.Allen
  3. M.Allen
  4. Besanko
  5. G.Robertson
Diggers
  1. Sims
  2. Jose
  3. C.Laurie
  4. Heritage
  5. Ruane
Woodend/Hesket
  1. Sipthope (Pending Clearance)
  2. Ng
  3. Johnstone
  4. Cuinik
  5. Barker
Kangaroos
  1. M.McInerney
  2. G.Ploog
  3. L.McInerney
  4. J.King
  5. S.James
Romsey
  1. Connellan
  2. L.Edwards
  3. McClellan
  4. Burlak
  5. Morgan
Kilmore
  1. Robertson
  2. Hede
  3. Kemp
  4. Cornish
  5. Barton
Lancefield
  1. C.Collins
  2. S.Clark
  3. J.Shewan
  4. S.Choate
  5. J.Tully
Melton Centrals
  1. Wheelahan
  2. Lyons
  3. Armstrong
  4. Bullen
  5. Mullins
Macedon
  1. Christianson
  2. J.Wilton (If he comes back)
  3. J.Wright
  4. A.Collins
  5. Commerford
Rockbank
  1. Walker
  2. Krul
  3. Woodroffe
  4. Welfare
  5. Matthews

The big red headed bloke was easily Woodends best player in the finals.I know i played on him for a quarter.No 66.Impossible to match up on,too quick too big too good for every opponent last sept.Never heard of him during the year.On finals in the top 6 in comp not just Woodend.

The big red headed bloke was easily Woodends best player in the finals.I know i played on him for a quarter.No 66.Impossible to match up on,too quick too big too good for every opponent last sept.Never heard of him during the year.On finals in the top 6 in comp not just Woodend.

Jimmy Forrest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another quality player, when at his best as good as going around, massive pace for a bloke 6 foot 5 or 6

thats specail u rated ruane as the 5th best player at diggers yet he won the bowen last yr? im not criticising this but why? do you think that he was lucky to win the bowen, ill admit i didnt even know who he was till the night when he won, was quiet against kilmore both times

doona, is rowey playin for your mob?
n rysa i woodnt think in the top 10 players
mine would be
Robbo
Kemp
King
Strayney
Cornish

for this season

Forgot about chooka, throw him in at 3, and didn't Rysa go close if not win the Blues goalkicking in '06? Im pretty loyal to me pals so Rysa's in :thumbsu:

1. Robbo
2. Rowey
3. Barton
4. Linton Kemp
5. Straney
6. Hede
7. Rysa

Dont think I ve seen a clearance go in from Rowey, but both him and Chooka have been sighted amongst 40 odd others at Harley Hammond Reserve on a few occassions but I aint heard anything. Also met young Cornish at a run pre-Xmas but Im told we were outbidded on that one :p

thats specail u rated ruane as the 5th best player at diggers yet he won the bowen last yr? im not criticising this but why? do you think that he was lucky to win the bowen, ill admit i didnt even know who he was till the night when he won, was quiet against kilmore both times

The Roo had a fantastic season last year, and I think along with C.Laurie turned the Prelim against Diggers when he returned to the field.. Diggers have some quality footballers through the middle, Sims, Heritage and Jose have all dominated at times, Lefty is a freak... This was my top 5 for 2007, not for 2006, the players that I think will have the most impact on their sides...

Might have to find a new #2. From all reports off to Ocean Grove or somewhere down there this year.
Mullins is a surprise. Is only a 2's player?

If Kane Bullen plays he will easily be thier number 2 player, will push wheels for the Number 1 spot... I couldn't think of anyone else that could have an impact for Centrals other than Mully... Reckon he might play 1's this year...

I have heard that a coaching staff member, plays hard in letting players go if they don't have a good reason for leaving the club... I think this had a bit to do with there two's numbers last year - might be on the wrong track but i think you'll find that's the case!.... BearsBoy can you give any more insight?
We like 2 hold on 2 our gun player's so we knocked the first one back, i think you were in the same boat old mate .;)

Forgot about chooka, throw him in at 3, and didn't Rysa go close if not win the Blues goalkicking in '06? Im pretty loyal to me pals so Rysa's in :thumbsu:

1. Robbo
2. Rowey
3. Barton
4. Linton Kemp
5. Straney
6. Hede
7. Rysa

Dont think I ve seen a clearance go in from Rowey, but both him and Chooka have been sighted amongst 40 odd others at Harley Hammond Reserve on a few occassions but I aint heard anything. Also met young Cornish at a run pre-Xmas but Im told we were outbidded on that one :p

Doon, im sure that niether Rowey or Chooka will be playing at Kilmore this yr!
Chooka is chasing an invisible dream atm, going to cairns to play in Stevie Daniels side, where he will play 2nds, something wrong with the kid!
JR told me there is no way hes playing at kilmore, so if he plays then i guess hes going to play for your mob! Cornish will be very handy for us if he can get over his ostitis pubis,prick of a thing, Evan mills isnt playin because of OP!
Lil Marcus Davern stuffed his knee sat at cricket has either done his ACL or Medial, further scans will show which! Poor Lil Bugger
cheers

I just want to know how many players at Sunbury Lions and Gisborne have came from RDFL clubs? Whether it would be juniors or played a couple of senior seasons for their RDFL club before they moved? currently on 2007 list! Just trying to get a perspective of how clubs would fair with these players?

The whole Sipthorpe to Woodend and Steve James back to Sunbury Kangas has the league licking their lips with players returning to play closer to home and with there junior club!

played 2s most of the year i think and was not a huge stand out. had a couple of games in ones throughout but never stood out. only got his chance i believe because needed another big man( i think someone might have been injured) mad the most of chance given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back