RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny considering they improved last year with no "decent" pickups...

I guess players don't improve their game either, they just stay the same throughout their whole playing career...

Diggers wont improve on last seasons result...... Their 3 best players in the side wont play in the big one if they get there. They will give everyone the false hope again. I hate to say it but no churchies no Diggers. No one should correct me on that statement when it has been proven 2 seasons in a row.

Diggers beat Sunbury to get into the Prelim against Woodend last year. I think that was on a Sunday if memory serves.

So that in itself proves they can win without Jeremy and Co.

1 win proves nothing. Completely outplayed in Grand Final and if make it again this season will not win.

Woodend or Sunbury this season. Diggers to make up numbers.

As for Diggers 2's i have it on good advice they are lacking quality numbers and wil struggle to make finals.......

1 win proves nothing. Completely outplayed in Grand Final and if make it again this season will not win.

Woodend or Sunbury this season. Diggers to make up numbers.

As for Diggers 2's i have it on good advice they are lacking quality numbers and wil struggle to make finals.......

hey mate, i guess every1 has the right to express an opinion but lets revisit all this half through the 07. Thats special im sure theRE is alot of teams out there that dont rate BM as highly as they should , but i wasnt surprised knowing the guy personally to see him spend some time over at diggers As i know he has a strong passion to coach one day and arguably diggers have one of the best coaches in RDFL wouldnt you say

Diggers wont improve on last seasons result...... Their 3 best players in the side wont play in the big one if they get there. They will give everyone the false hope again. I hate to say it but no churchies no Diggers. No one should correct me on that statement when it has been proven 2 seasons in a row.

I wouldn't say two seasons in a row. 2 years ago during the finals Diggers had Steve Grey running on one leg, Jeff Heritge on one leg (both should not of even played) and Steve Ruane broke his wrist. Jeremy Jose and Stephen Hoare were overseas, it was their first year at the club and Jeremy's first year of football.

Diggers beat Sunbury to get into the Prelim against Woodend last year. I think that was on a Sunday if memory serves.

So that in itself proves they can win without Jeremy and Co.

yes they did beat the kangas without those boys last year.
but the roos werent the team diggers needed to beat.riddell were the yardstick.

I wouldn't say two seasons in a row. 2 years ago during the finals Diggers had Steve Grey running on one leg, Jeff Heritge on one leg (both should not of even played) and Steve Ruane broke his wrist. Jeremy Jose and Stephen Hoare were overseas, it was their first year at the club and Jeremy's first year of football.

It's the one thing that has always frustrated me about SOME Diggers supporters & players. Although a great bunch of people they can never take the blinkers off and see the facts. Of course 2 seasons in a row the in form team going into finals, made everyone think they were the best and then ops no Jose, Walshe, Hoare or Grey, Heritage or Ruane and suffer HUGE losses. Excuses fellas. The club does not have enough big name players to cover losses come finals time. If I'm wrong I welcome this post bookmarked for early Septmeber to remind people how I was wrong. I know I wont be. :D

I see we have another Matt Nicholls in the RDFL.

Clearance lodged from Melton to Melton Central.

He'd have to better player than me, surely?

By the way boys, Lancefield CC's two senior sides, despite the second XI captain (yours truly) dropping three catches in the semi, will play in the grand finals this weekend.

Not bad after a five-year recess.

The footy boots might be hung up this year too, grounds are a bit hard for my liking.

Round 1 match of the round will not be played on a hard ground.
Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Diggers Rest will be played on the wide open spaces of Clarke Oval. (confirmed later this week) This will definetly test the fitness of players from both sides. Who will this ground suit better? Will we expect to see a low scoring game?
This could also be the game to draw a crowd with both ballarat and bendigo comps not playing.

Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Diggers Rest will be played on the wide open spaces of Clarke Oval. (confirmed later this week) This will definetly test the fitness of players from both sides. Who will this ground suit better? Will we expect to see a low scoring game?
This could also be the game to draw a crowd with both ballarat and bendigo comps not playing.

will the kangas get an opportunity to train on clarke before round 1 that could serve as a huge advantage

Everyone talks about Diggers, Riddell, Sunbury and Woodend Romsey are little unknown due to departures, however are any of the teams that missed the 5 last year going to be able to displace them. Will there be any big movers this year or will the final five pretty much remain the same

Everyone talks about Diggers, Riddell, Sunbury and Woodend Romsey are little unknown due to departures, however are any of the teams that missed the 5 last year going to be able to displace them. Will there be any big movers this year or will the final five pretty much remain the same

Kilmore are the most likely to make a top-five bid this season.

Lancefield are probably two seasons away.

Macedon likewise.

Melton Central are about eight players short from the clearances we have seen.

Rockbank may never play finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i might be covering old ground here, but is there any truth in the Dylan Smith to Woodend rumour?? i've heard he is about to return from o/s with Liam Runnalls and Robbie Martin just in time for the season opener. I might be way of the mark, i'm not claiming if this is fact or fiction, just heard it on the weekend and was wondering if i'd been led up the garden path or not..

Venue is probably a minor issue but if it suits either side better I would say it suits the roos who have a good running game. Have some guys who are good at getting wide and into space that can hurt you. Diggers play on a small ground and have alot of guys who like to mix it up in close but not as many runners. Both teams are slow starters from memory.

'Good Venue' and a 'Good Game' to kick of both teams 2007 campaign.

Both teams should not have any excuses for injuries/reports/playing list, and both should be at 100%. This should be a excellent game of football, any there should be more than 4 points to be played for in this game....

39 Days to go till round 1 2007....... a big month ahead for all clubs!

more than 4 points for the game housey thats stupid mate
kilmore has a practice match this sunday against assumption, locals should get to the main at ack to witness the robbo show

I meant like a 'Local cup derby' or BOG medal just for that game.... Much like what Macedon and Woodend have.....'Travis'!

Your a clown if ya thought i meant for more points for the win! You a chance to captain the blues this year?

yeah a medal would be a very good idea for the BOG, i was just stirrin you up mate i knew what ya meant, no chance for captaincy mate id say its outta robbo n tristan salter, im only 19 in my 2nd season prob a bit young n immature
ps. who would your faves for the hypothetical medal?

Mate there is quality both sides of the highway and that can't be ignored by any means this year!

For Diggers i can't really comment perhaps 'Bevan' could help ya out, but from hearing it could be either

1.Roo
2.Simsy
3.Lefty

For us it could be half a dozen blokes mate, from

1.Marc Grub
2.Leigh Grub
3.Helmers
4.Garth
5.Matt Welsh

Underdog for medal

1. Stephen Boyd

or

2. Jeff Herritage

It's a good concept and has been talked about for years, perhaps name it after someone who has been highly associated with both clubs or someone completly out of left field!

It's a good concept and has been talked about for years, perhaps name it after someone who has been highly associated with both clubs or someone completly out of left field!

A few years back it was the Rob boyd cup as far as i remember? (EDIT:unless you are actually talking about a name for the BOG medal not the actual match) Full Forward who played a lot of games for both diggers and kangas ..... interesting to mention a 'stephen boyd' .. any relation ???? If so, could be very interesting !

A few years back it was the Rob boyd cup as far as i remember? Full Forward who played a lot of games for both diggers and kangas ..... interesting to mention a 'stephen boyd' .. any relation ???? If so, could be very interesting !

I have no idea to be honest, not a clue in the slightest! Do you know why the cup stopped? Would Diggers perhaps be interested in getting somehting started along these lines again?

I have no idea to be honest, not a clue in the slightest! Do you know why the cup stopped? Would Diggers perhaps be interested in getting somehting started along these lines again?

Without sounding like a c.ocky p.rick TBR,I think the time the cup was made, diggers won that many times over the years it became irrelevant as to which cabinet the cup stayed in and lost interest due to DR smashing sunbury everytime they played? not %100 sure on it myself but I do remember actually being at the first game of R Boyd cup and it brought a good crowd as well! so i say bring it back!

Yeah, well both clubs have made it a high agenda match to draw crowds and sponsor's, i reckon Trev and the Diggers president need to get back onto it get it going again!

'Anim',

I reckon you could be right in that, and i 'thought' that may have been the case! Perhaps a fresh name to the game could be more appropriate to the sign of times, your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back