RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add, we were a really bad on the field, but the social culture at the club was fantastic, A fantastic social club, and that is one thing that has never changed everybody is always welcome.

been riddled with injuries and poor form the last two seasons. but yes this year has been a lot better so far (touch wood). but cant get named off only as few good games early in the year.

Disgrace that you hadnt made it , CHB on the league 2 years ago should have at least made the squad. Vote 1 Burger 5 :D

The Rovers are dead and buried. The Kangaroos are alive and well. It's important to remember the past, but it should not get in the way of the future. The Sunbury Kangas make up a big part of the RDFL and I think we're blessed to have them in the comp. Okay, their supporters are vocal, their players are tough and don't mind a scuffle, but that's what footy is about. As long as they don't cross the line, and they don't very often, then I'm happy with the Roos. We should all move on from the nineties.

just curious gav.was i considered?

Not sure mate.. What I have told Burger and will tell you is only my opinion.. Both of you would have had any selection in these squads because of injury interrupted prior seasons.. In my opinion.. Im not sure how the squads were actually picked.

just curious gav.was i considered?

On your form in the Anzac Day match you would have to be close, but in my opinion you're probably not in the best eight or nine on-ballers in the comp anymore. But if you can keep replicating the form you produced at Kilmore, you could make the selectors look sheepish. :D

quote matt_nicholls I'm going to pull the boots on for the Redbacks' reserves, in a final bid to get recognised for my footballing talents and get drafted! That is of course, if I get cleared from Lancefield.

Did you get the clearence ?? it will be a happy day in tiger town if you did?

Now your upset I'am sorry Go the ROVERS .

Sorry Cats .......... Rovers to win by 10 pts .

Should be a good game of footy :thumbsu:

It would take more than an uneducated doofus to upset me.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy foes fight for the club

BY BRENT DIAMOND
7/05/2008 12:01:00 PM
GET set for an engrossing encounter between Wyndhamvale Falcons defender Ashley Fletcher and Rockbank Rams key position player Brent Henry in the ring in Rumble in the Jungle 11 at Wyndham Leisure and Events Centre on June 27.

The much-anticipated footy fight is expected to attract hundreds of fans from the Western Region Football League and Riddell District Football League given the clubs' recent history with each other.

Several Falcons have flocked to the Rams in the past season including former coach Brett Cook, who was sacked by the Falcons mid-season last year.

The Falcons and the Rams are also cellar-dwellers of their respective leagues, both sitting at the bottom of their league's ladder and struggling financially.

It is understood both teams were scrounging for every dollar in the lead-up to this season.

Fletcher and Henry are looking to raise money for their clubs.

"It's a bit of fun. Hopefully, the fans will get down there and raise a bit of money for the club. We're both low in the leagues so we've got to do something for the club,'' Fletcher said.

Fletcher, 20, has the eyes of someone who is not a person to back down.

Henry, 21, has a proven record on the field, reinforcing that he is a wild man for the Rams.

"Over the past four years I've been suspended for about 18 weeks. I decide to take some anger out when I probably shouldn't,'' Henry said.

The two local football identities will train once a week at Team Ultimate Kickboxing Gym.

Fletcher said he was hoping to make the fight more exciting than watching the Falcons.

"We've been losing by over 100 points every week. It's hard but all the boys down there are top blokes.

"Half the teams in the league are just too good.''

Rumble in the Jungle 11 also features Mark French defending his Australian title, the return of Andre Meunier, Cuong Tran and Matt Samartzis, and Wyndham's female kickboxers.

For tickets to Rumble in the Jungle 11, call James Roesler, 0412772422.

Just curious... but if Mr.Henry has accumulated 18 weeks of suspensions in past past 4 years and is playing in the RDFL...how is he allowed to be registered as a player. 16 weeks and your gone....

Is this correct or is he building himself up for promotional purposes???

Definately think the injuries last year may have hampered any thoughts of selection for this game mate, but definately clubs around the league would be well aware that you are back and firing :thumbsu:

haha thanks mate. im just happy to be out there for more than 2 weeks in a row.:thumbsu:

Just curious... but if Mr.Henry has accumulated 18 weeks of suspensions in past past 4 years and is playing in the RDFL...how is he allowed to be registered as a player. 16 weeks and your gone....

Is this correct or is he building himself up for promotional purposes???

You could have 50 weeks to your name if it was before the 16 week rule came in, and you can still play. A 1 week suspension for any player over 16 would see them forced to retire.

29-little-champ tell ya what pal how about coming up to our function on sat night where you where you will see the culture of our club first hand.
if you still have issues then you can get on here and tell the whole of bigfooty where you believe we are going wrong. i ll shout you in. if you cant make it then maybe its time to grow up and move on like everyone else has.

No alias here, my name is Steven Davis, I used to play in this league 15 years ago and have a step son that does now.

Just my opinion, no cheap shots just an opinion. Its sad if you cant get on here and have an opinion with out cheap shots flying at your....

no offence intended no need to get personal guys. I just think looking at other players on list that are ahead of them both. It will be interseting to see how they go up against Riddell then I guess

I wasn't at that game, so he can keep his anzac day medal lol

Best thing that you can do,(steven Davis) is not comment on games or individuals that you haven"t watched.What club did you play for Steve.

Let me guess - you have trouble with basic concepts? Sunbury Rovers like the Fitzroy Lions and South Melbourne Swans no longer exsist. But hey you can get some attention by trolling. You don't upset people they all just think your a knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back