RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilmore have recruited no one....don't rate us! Nothing to report! :cool:
If anyone says anything, don't believe them...

This was Sunquist's pre christmas guess at a ladder, good to see he had the balls to do so..

I mean, look at your "facts".. Sunbury might not have made finals, but they were not so far from any of the top 6 sides and in some cases might have been the better side.. Macedon should remain consistent, the Tigers losing Ruffell will hurt, Broadford with such a big jump is questionable. Rumour has it that Matty Robertson (Nicholls not so secret man crush) is returning to Kilmore, the Hawks have been quiet, that's always a worry, Diggers have according to some recruited a couple of handy types, while Riddell have replaced Meacham with Matt Baird and Mick Allen. Talk is always abound at this time of the year and it is always about perception, but I will have a crack based solely on rumours coming out of each clubs camps pre Xmas..

Romsey - Hard to go past with Moorcroft and Green, should finish the year on top.
Sunbury - I will back in what Dean wants to do with this team, hopefully he gets all the support he needs.
Macedon - Will recruit again and will strengthen. End of the year is the concern.
Riddell - If Climas and Petran return, the list is good enough to push at top 2 again.
Lancefield - Losing Ruffell and Choate will hurt, will depend on recruits to replace.
Diggers Rest - Always around the mark, key is keeping the keys fit.

Woodend/Hesket - Based purely on how quiet they are at the moment, always the worry.
Kilmore - Recruiting James and Robbo will help, but maybe not enough quality to help Booker.
Broadford - Will have some guys returning, but will it be enough?
Wallan - Well coached and have the ability to recruit, wouldn't be surprised if they are pushing for a top 6 spot.
Melton Centrals - Sure to surprise, several Melton South players apparently being lured with the new coach.
Rockbank - Losing leadership, will need to do a massive amount of recruiting for improvement.

Who's coaching Broadford? What players have centrals recruited and is their any chance they could improve after their last coach, who I heard was pretty good, but had an ordinary club.

Who's coaching Broadford? What players have centrals recruited and is their any chance they could improve after their last coach, who I heard was pretty good, but had an ordinary club.

Centrals have signed Sproule from Melton South, according to people I know is pretty popular and has the capability to bring blokes with him??

As for Broadford, Doona might be best placed to answer that, but it is an ex premiership player.

2010 LADDER PREDICTION
top 4
1. Macedon one major crack at it. spending a fortune
2. lfield recruited very well. stay tuned
3. ridell cheque book talks
4. woodend big inclusions including sipthorpe. moorcroft v sip will be massive

According to the local Sunbury, Centrals and Broadford have been recruiting well. Centrals have picked up some players from Melton South but I am told they are two's players. On that, has anyone else ever wondered how Centrals 2's can win 13 games during the season and the flag, but the seniors win only 4 games for the year?

Centrals and Broadford were far off the mark last season and I would expect Sunbury, who missed finals by a meagre 3%, to move into a top 4 spot with the inclusion of Meacham, Walker, Fenton, Fishendon and another player rumoured to be on the verge of signing (among others).

Shaping up to be a ripper season in 2010.

According to the local Sunbury, Centrals and Broadford have been recruiting well. Centrals have picked up some players from Melton South but I am told they are two's players. On that, has anyone else ever wondered how Centrals 2's can win 13 games during the season and the flag, but the seniors win only 4 games for the year?

Centrals and Broadford were far off the mark last season and I would expect Sunbury, who missed finals by a meagre 3%, to move into a top 4 spot with the inclusion of Meacham, Walker, Fenton, Fishendon and another player rumoured to be on the verge of signing (among others).

Shaping up to be a ripper season in 2010.
Watched the reserves GF and can tell you that they were all excactly that, reserve players, players who just want to run around with their mates and have a kick, you only have to look at the body shape of most reserve players, they are mostly mid thirties and past their best,most are not up to the fitness of senior players. Nothing wrong with that as some really enjoy their footy, I think you will find that most senior coach's are looking at the under 18's for some leg speed due to the way the game is played these days.

Watched the reserves GF and can tell you that they were all excactly that, reserve players, players who just want to run around with their mates and have a kick, you only have to look at the body shape of most reserve players, they are mostly mid thirties and past their best,most are not up to the fitness of senior players. Nothing wrong with that as some really enjoy their footy, I think you will find that most senior coach's are looking at the under 18's for some leg speed due to the way the game is played these days.

I agree with what your saying but just find the difference between the "winning form" of the 2 teams to be massive. Perhaps they need to take a look at recruiting 18's and putting in a team. They need to bolster their senior stocks.

I agree with what your saying but just find the difference between the "winning form" of the 2 teams to be massive. Perhaps they need to take a look at recruiting 18's and putting in a team. They need to bolster their senior stocks.
Yes interesting that both sides who played off have no 18's, Wallan have 17's in the Northern league, and will be fielding 18's next year.

broadford are the same i picked them to play finals last year and they didnt get close.
perhaps with a year of rdfl footy under their belt things might change ?

, Broadford needs direction, who knows? .

Broadford with such a big jump is questionable.
Broadford - Will have some guys returning, but will it be enough?

Centrals have signed Sproule from Melton South, according to people I know is pretty popular and has the capability to bring blokes with him??

As for Broadford, Doona might be best placed to answer that, but it is an ex premiership player.

Kenny Beaumont is our new coach, cracking fella and was a hell of a footballer in his day as a few blokes have previoulsy said. KB achieved plenty of success as a player and the knowledge he can pass on will be first class.

I believe they had a get together midweek where it was announced Chris Dunne would be KB's playing assistant - which Im assuming could lead to blokes like Daniel Fletcher, Tom Webster, Ray Rowbotham and even perhaps Jim Kelly (premiership ruckman at Seymour) coming as they're all mates. Kenny has a goalkicking nephew who has played some handy footy around Bendigo who Im told is coming for a kick.

Out's that Im aware of are Tom Butterworth, John Taylor, Clint Moran (shulder reco), Danny Theuma (knee reco), Michael Gillard (may be leaving for work); Wayne Myers - and with a few guys who missed 2009 thur injury to return the boys should remain extremely competitive.

Dont think we lacked direction, more the case of the bloke in charge not being able to get 100% commitment (40+ blokes on the training track enough) as I assume the better coached sides did. It did take some time to settle into the league first up, but I thought our performaces against Riddell, Sunbury, Macedon for 3 terms, Diggers and Lancefield in Rd.18 showed that we should be better for the run and ok going forward.

Kenny Beaumont is our new coach, cracking fella and was a hell of a footballer in his day as a few blokes have previoulsy said. KB achieved plenty of success as a player and the knowledge he can pass on will be first class.

I believe they had a get together midweek where it was announced Chris Dunne would be KB's playing assistant - which Im assuming could lead to blokes like Daniel Fletcher, Tom Webster, Ray Rowbotham and even perhaps Jim Kelly (premiership ruckman at Seymour) coming as they're all mates. Kenny has a goalkicking nephew who has played some handy footy around Bendigo who Im told is coming for a kick.

Out's that Im aware of are Tom Butterworth, John Taylor, Clint Moran (shulder reco), Danny Theuma (knee reco), Michael Gillard (may be leaving for work); Wayne Myers - and with a few guys who missed 2009 thur injury to return the boys should remain extremely competitive.

Dont think we lacked direction, more the case of the bloke in charge not being able to get 100% commitment (40+ blokes on the training track enough) as I assume the better coached sides did. It did take some time to settle into the league first up, but I thought our performaces against Riddell, Sunbury, Macedon for 3 terms, Diggers and Lancefield in Rd.18 showed that we should be better for the run and ok going forward.

Also Doona Big Lindsay Black is headed to Diggers Rest to play with Army mate Craig Marshall and play closer to where he lives.

Also Doona Big Lindsay Black is headed to Diggers Rest to play with Army mate Craig Marshall and play closer to where he lives.

Good luck to Blackie, another cracking fella Ive been fortunate enough to compete with at both Yea and Broadford FC's. Marshall is a bloody good get for Diggers, I tried to get him when we got another army legend in Adrian "Dipper" Wilson to our club a couple of years back, but Marshy was starring at Euroa at the time.

Plenty of good recruits coming which is good for ya comp, Ruffell was at Lancefield's first run on Wednesday wasn't he??? Caton from Craigieburn is a big big pick-up for the Tigers, for me I'd still have them well up high along with the much talked about Sunbury Kanga's and Kilmore with James, Robbo and this "gun" Im hearing about who was drafted to Geelong in the 90' and is set to coach the Blues Twos in 2010.

2010 LADDER PREDICTION
top 4
1. Macedon one major crack at it. spending a fortune
2. lfield recruited very well. stay tuned
3. ridell cheque book talks
4. woodend big inclusions including sipthorpe. moorcroft v sip will be massive

For a club that usually prides itself on sensible comments and humility you are certainly letting down the team SEER. You seem very bitter with any clubs that are paying players (re your comments on A James, riddell being only a cheque book club and macedon spending a fortune) yet your club has also recognised the need to pay 'good' players what they are worth. If you think Waters, Ruffells, Erwin etc are there purely for goodwill then you have truly buried your head in the sand. It's not the 80's or even 90's when i know the tiges were successful without paying money. More importantly, pay some clubs the respect they deserve. Riddell have been the measuring stick in this comp for a long time now and Macedon have gone from perennial cellar dwellers to a good team and club still on the way up.

For a club that usually prides itself on sensible comments and humility you are certainly letting down the team SEER. You seem very bitter with any clubs that are paying players (re your comments on A James, riddell being only a cheque book club and macedon spending a fortune) yet your club has also recognised the need to pay 'good' players what they are worth. If you think Waters, Ruffells, Erwin etc are there purely for goodwill then you have truly buried your head in the sand. It's not the 80's or even 90's when i know the tiges were successful without paying money. More importantly, pay some clubs the respect they deserve. Riddell have been the measuring stick in this comp for a long time now and Macedon have gone from perennial cellar dwellers to a good team and club still on the way up.

Extremely well said...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Blackie, another cracking fella Ive been fortunate enough to compete with at both Yea and Broadford FC's. Marshall is a bloody good get for Diggers, I tried to get him when we got another army legend in Adrian "Dipper" Wilson to our club a couple of years back, but Marshy was starring at Euroa at the time.

Plenty of good recruits coming which is good for ya comp, Ruffell was at Lancefield's first run on Wednesday wasn't he??? Caton from Craigieburn is a big big pick-up for the Tigers, for me I'd still have them well up high along with the much talked about Sunbury Kanga's and Kilmore with James, Robbo and this "gun" Im hearing about who was drafted to Geelong in the 90' and is set to coach the Blues Twos in 2010.

Brian Ruffell will definitely be playing with Lancefield again next season Doona. He had a couple of offers to go elsewhere for more $$$$$, especially from Trentham, but has decided to stay true to the Tigers & saddle up up there again.

Is John Taylor going around again next season for you guys ?

Brian Ruffell will definitely be playing with Lancefield again next season Doona. He had a couple of offers to go elsewhere for more $$$$$, especially from Trentham, but has decided to stay true to the Tigers & saddle up up there again.

Is John Taylor going around again next season for you guys ?

No - I relied on his loyalty to our friendship to stay this year when he wanted to remain in the HDFL and go to Mounts. When my involvement ceased it was pretty much sorted within a week or two of the season ending.

Gave us good service, kicked 97 in 2007 at full forward and then the past two seasons he has played more in the centre and booted 45 from 10-11 games in 2008 and 20 odd this year from I think 13 outings.

No - I relied on his loyalty to our friendship to stay this year when he wanted to remain in the HDFL and go to Mounts. When my involvement ceased it was pretty much sorted within a week or two of the season ending.

Gave us good service, kicked 97 in 2007 at full forward and then the past two seasons he has played more in the centre and booted 45 from 10-11 games in 2008 and 20 odd this year from I think 13 outings.

Gee that may hurt you blokes, he was pretty handy around the goals. Moved pretty well too.
So who will they be relying on next season to kick all the goals up there mate ?

Hearing all the talk on this coming year i thought id chuck my two bobs worth

Sunbury Kangaroos- After knowing who they r getting kangas will romp it home this year

Daniel Burrowes- Best midfielder in the comp
Ryan Hatty- One of the leagues smartest brains
Niall Mcgovern- Leagues most courages along with bobby j
Chris meacham proven goalkicker
Dont know much about fenton and walker
Fishendon-Can play good football when wants to
Chuck in grubbys ploogs welsh and walsh
Very dangerous Rooboys

Gee that may hurt you blokes, he was pretty handy around the goals. Moved pretty well too.
So who will they be relying on next season to kick all the goals up there mate ?

At a guess Spargo, Tayls & Butterworth all were in the 20's this year so we'll need someone who can kick 40-50 or more - perhaps Dunney may spend time there, or Tommy Webster who won the BDFL goalkicking, maybe even Loring from Bendigo who will be more than capable up fwd.

At a guess Spargo, Tayls & Butterworth all were in the 20's this year so we'll need someone who can kick 40-50 or more - perhaps Dunney may spend time there, or Tommy Webster who won the BDFL goalkicking, maybe even Loring from Bendigo who will be more than capable up fwd.

If i was coaching Broadford this year I'd be anchoring big Dunney closer to goals. He was sensational up forward in the seasons he played in the Central Murray and not many of us backmen could handle him

Sunbury Kangaroos- After knowing who they r getting kangas will romp it home this year

Very dangerous Rooboys

Ease up there star, i wouldn't think any side will romp it in, the comp was very even last year, and with most top sides going out recruiting to improve even more, expect it to be a tight struggle again. the way you have talked about the first 3 you either know them and rate them highly or underrate the players in the RDFL. Recruiting is one thing for a club to do, but it is more important about getting a team balance and of course, keeping them on the park. With all recruited players hopefully it should add a fair bit of depth to the side. That is the strength of any club. It should be a very interesting 2010.
Dont forget, it's only November, 3 more months of the silly season

Sunbury aren't the only side to be recruiting heavily, Wallan have been very busy. A number of players from the NFL, not to mention a handful from Craigeburn and the EDFL

Very dangerous Rooboys

Fenton in his current state will create havoc on the footy field 2010

Word out of the Bombers is that A Rocca has comitted to 6 games in 2010. If true will be a massive boost to the RDFL and Riddell.

Word out of the Bombers is that A Rocca has comitted to 6 games in 2010. If true will be a massive boost to the RDFL and Riddell.

hahahaha:eek: hahahahahaha :rolleyes:hahahahahaha. My ribs, they are so sore, can somebody help me off the floor.
Let me compose myself................ haha.....ha...ha....................
That would be great news for the bombers, although it could be a little hard if he is trying for a punting career like his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back