RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RDFL 2010 Season - Round 2

itsmyshow that is a really bad write up for kilmore you have blokes all over the shop in positions they not even playing in!

OMNI’S TIPS FOR ROUND 2.

Well done to the Cats on what must have been by all accounts a great scrambling win last week. But I am still not convinced they have the consistency to win the really big ones on the road. So having said that I am going for Woodend to get points in this clash of “Traditional Rivals” at Gilbert Gordon by 11 pts.

All the signs don’t augur well for the Boys from Broadford in their match up with “Traditional Rivals” Wallan. This one could be nasty unfortunately, & I am tipping the Pies to be just way too strong & run away with a 68pts win.

As much as I’d like too I just cant bring myself to tip the Rams in their clash at home with “Traditional Rivals” Lancefield. I mean we are talking 09 Wooden Spooners v the Premiers. That sort of upset just doesn’t happen does it ????
Oh yeah ! They pulled it off last season didn’t they !
Well lightening surely cant strike twice….. & I’ll tip against those odds thank you very much & pick Lancefield to bounce back strongly to the tune of 23 pts.

The mighty A.J. show to be in full flight tomorrow with him kicking another “Bagfull” at home. But it to once again prove to be a fruitless endeavour, with the Kilmore boys coming up short in their match up with “Traditional Rivals” Sunbury. The Roo Train is just starting to gather momentum, & if anyone thinks that they are not the stand out favorites for this seasons flag, then they are fooling themselves ! Kangas by 42 pts.

On paper, Riddell at home SHOULD be too strong for a determined Melton outfit. But the Bombers certainly have areas to work on before they can consider themselves contenders this season. Costly turnovers & undisciplined acts are a luxury successful teams cant afford ! I expect Coach Sproule to have his boys well primed tomorrow to have a real crack at opening their account for the season in this clash between these two “Traditional Rivals”. But in the end I think Riddell to win by 29 pts.

&…… The Tradition continues between these two old Rivals, Romsey and Diggers Rest.
They have played out some rippers over the years, & tomorrows at Romsey should be no exception. Both teams will be desperate for the points, and I just think that in a season that shapes up as an extremely even affair, Romsey cannot afford to lose this game & will not drop two on the trot. Redbacks by 26 pts.

itsmyshow that is a really bad write up for kilmore you have blokes all over the shop in positions they not even playing in!

Welcome back Van'..... Its been a while ? Perhaps thats why you have fallen for one of the big fellas oldest tricks !!! Now all you have to do mate to make it complete for him, is confirm for him on here where the correct positions those blokes will be lining up tomorrow ! ;)

OMNI’S TIPS FOR ROUND 2.

Well done to the Cats on what must have been by all accounts a great scrambling win last week. But I am still not convinced they have the consistency to win the really big ones on the road. So having said that I am going for Woodend to get points in this clash of “Traditional Rivals” at Gilbert Gordon by 11 pts.

All the signs don’t augur well for the Boys from Broadford in their match up with “Traditional Rivals” Wallan. This one could be nasty unfortunately, & I am tipping the Pies to be just way too strong & run away with a 68pts win.

As much as I’d like too I just cant bring myself to tip the Rams in their clash at home with “Traditional Rivals” Lancefield. I mean we are talking 09 Wooden Spooners v the Premiers. That sort of upset just doesn’t happen does it ????
Well lightening surely cant strike twice….. & I’ll tip against those odds thank you very much & pick Lancefield to bounce back strongly to the tune of 23 pts.

The mighty A.J. show to be in full flight tomorrow with him kicking another “Bagfull” at home. But it to once again prove to be a fruitless endeavour, with the Kilmore boys coming up short in their match up with “Traditional Rivals” Sunbury. The Roo Train is just starting to gather momentum, & if anyone thinks that they are not the stand out favorites for this seasons flag, then they are fooling themselves ! Kangas by 42 pts.

On paper, Riddell at home SHOULD be too strong for a determined Melton outfit. But the Bombers certainly have areas to work on before they can consider themselves contenders this season. Costly turnovers & undisciplined acts are a luxury successful teams cant afford ! I expect Coach Sproule to have his boys well primed tomorrow to have a real crack at opening their account for the season in this clash between these two “Traditional Rivals”. But in the end I think Riddell to win by 29 pts.

&…… The Tradition continues between these two old Rivals, Romsey and Diggers Rest.
They have played out some rippers over the years, & tomorrows at Romsey should be no exception. Both teams will be desperate for the points, and I just think that in a season that shapes up as an extremely even affair, Romsey cannot afford to lose this game & will not drop two on the trot. Redbacks by 26 pts.

Quite a good job there omni downplaying the bombers and pumping up my kangas:thumbsu:
you dont think the people reading this are total dills do u?lol.At least not all of them:D
Im suprised theres been no mention of the bombers obliterating the reigning premiers last week and the week prior dismantling big gun doutta stars???? Also i think u meant Riddell to win saturday by 129. You left out the 1.....:p

pretty sure he snatched it last week at wallan and took his jumper off ???? Maybe rgs011 or one of the kilmore lads can confirm???
he did spitt it but has calmed down, has been dropped this week , whitmer has done a hammy,dont know how long he will be out

he did spitt it but has calmed down, has been dropped this week , whitmer has done a hammy,dont know how long he will be out

wouldnt be rushing him back after that injury against Keilor Park, but if the Blues drop another one tomorrow he might have to play regardless next week

Quite a good job there omni downplaying the bombers and pumping up my kangas:thumbsu:
you dont think the people reading this are total dills do u?lol.At least not all of them:D
Im suprised theres been no mention of the bombers obliterating the reigning premiers last week and the week prior dismantling big gun doutta stars???? Also i think u meant Riddell to win saturday by 129. You left out the 1.....:p

Arrrrr Maaaaaaaaate, you cant blame me for trying can you ??? ;)

Oh ok then........ Bombers by 31. :D

P.S. I'd give Cuffe the job on the big fella today too pal. He is the only one that would have a hope on him !

So who would you suggest from each side then mate??

Im not sure the last one is relevant, it was the one thing I wish I saw Jamesy do more of, crash a bloke that stood in his way, his strength is the one on one stationary contest, so the man in the hole can become irrelevant, a third man up is a better option...

The way I see it pal, there is only two ways you can play big Aaron.

1. Play a big strong bloke on him and try and beat him at his own game.
2. Play a young athletic type on him, that will stand just off him and then out jump him & spoil him at every contest.

Of course with both these scenarios cutting off or at the very least pressuring his supply will be hugely advantageous.

A few examples of worthy match ups could be -

(Strength match up)

Sunbury - Jamie Cuffe.
Diggers - Matt Walker.
Romsey - Ryan Connellan.
Lancefield - Leigh Erwin.
Woodend - Matt Stacey.

(Athletic match up)

Macedon - Jae Wilton or Ash Fleming.
Riddell - Braydon Allen.
Rockbank - Matt Krul.

But in the end, however you approach the match up with him, the bloke can play, & he is a magnificent kick for goals. And he IS gunna kick plenty in games this season. I'd say if anyone can hold him to 4 (1 a quarter) in a game this year, it will be a stella achievement, and a mighty win for the backman that can pull it off !

The way I see it pal, there is only two ways you can play big Aaron.

1. Play a big strong bloke on him and try and beat him at his own game.
2. Play a young athletic type on him, that will stand just off him and then out jump him & spoil him at every contest.

Of course with both these scenarios cutting off or at the very least pressuring his supply will be hugely advantageous.

A few examples of worthy match ups could be -

(Strength match up)

Sunbury - Jamie Cuffe.
Diggers - Matt Walker.
Romsey - Ryan Connellan.
Lancefield - Leigh Erwin.
Woodend - Matt Stacey.

(Athletic match up)

Macedon - Jae Wilton or Ash Fleming.
Riddell - Braydon Allen.
Rockbank - Matt Krul.

But in the end, however you approach the match up with him, the bloke can play, & he is a magnificent kick for goals. And he IS gunna kick plenty in games this season. I'd say if anyone can hold him to 4 (1 a quarter) in a game this year, it will be a stella achievement, and a mighty win for the backman that can pull it off !

Just get the crowd to get into jamsey he is more worried about them then the footy at times... watched him years ago for gisborne loses the plot to easy..... the big yuck will go great against him..... go the bombers

Can someone tell me the official ruling on getting in before 10am. Went to Riddell today to watch under 18's and was charged at the gate which last week at Melton Centrals was told no one pays before 10am league directive.

Riddell could also do themselves a favour by removing the old Nazi who wanted me to put my complaint in writing to the league. As if I am doing that for $4. Tossbag Punisher.

anyone confirm?

Can someone tell me the official ruling on getting in before 10am. Went to Riddell today to watch under 18's and was charged at the gate which last week at Melton Centrals was told no one pays before 10am league directive.

Riddell could also do themselves a favour by removing the old Nazi who wanted me to put my complaint in writing to the league. As if I am doing that for $4. Tossbag Punisher.

anyone confirm?

It always used to be $2 before 10am....... but $4 sounds about right I guess now days. It definately aint FREE though !!! & neither it should be.

Final Scores -

Riddell - 20. 17. 137. Def' Melton - 6. 3. 39.

Woodend - 23. 12. 150. Def' Macedon - 11. 15. 81.

Sunbury - 15. 20. 110. Def' Kilmore - 14. 8. 92.
(Chris Meacham 8. 7. for the Roos & Aaron James 5. 3. for Kilmore)

& Diggers got up by 23 pts over Romsey at Romsey !

Final Scores -

Hawks are finished according to some, how do you explain that result, haters!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow 2 losses from 2 for Romsey...

Also Tigers got up over Rockbank 103-68 if i remember correctly! They kicked away in the last after Rams hit the front early in the last!

anyone confirm?

Was gonna holdmy breath but fourbucks a beer at diggers lastweek was a disgrace

Final Scores -

Wallan beat broadford by 32 points.

Final Scores -

Pretty sure James kicked 7.6

OMNI’S TIPS FOR ROUND 2.

please boys it round 2!!!

Good Point..

Booker - Midfield - Check
Robbo - Midfield - Check
James - Forward - Check
Collis - Midfield - Check (Ok, predominantly forward, but runs almost as a 5th onballer)
Thompson - Forward - Possibly not, didn't see him (when he last played for Kilmore played a role similar to that of O'Keefe from Sydney)
Rowe - Midfield - Slightly wrong - The context of important was as he pushed in and out of the midfield, didn't start there, but certainly pushed up there.
Keenan - Forward - Ok, so he was dropped, but he is a forward
Swann - Ruck - Check

I would say that isn't a bad strike rate... Maybe you are annoyed I didn't name you Van??? But you disappeared early.. I will try to slot you in to this weeks write up...

Ok, first of all, I owe two teams an apology... Diggers Rest FNC, I personally had well and truly written you off this year, I thought that as a club, you would be required to rely on too few, the same names, every week, while these guys are champions of this competition, they are another year older and injuries are catching up, but contributions from just these guys dont win you games over arguably one of the best sides in the competition.. Well done and your season is well and truly alive and kicking. Woodend/Hesket, I travelled over to Diggers last week and after watching most of the second half, I had decided that this year was going to be a long tough year for the Hawks.. But who invited Ross Waters and where did he come from??? What a fantastic result for the Hawks, a complete demolition of an underwhelming Macedon side... Again, your season is well and truly alive, another contender emerges.

I obviously travelled up to check out Kilmore and the Kangaroos yesterday and witnessed a reasonably competitive match up. But overall the match at times ended up sloppy and this decided the contest, when players that had a superior skill level found the ball, they made a difference, while some players completely butchered the ball. Luckily now, I can name names.. :D
Matt Robertson was Kilmore's best player with his ability to consistantly find the ball, whether it be out in the open or contested. But Robbo, do some work on your kicking at training this week!!! Of the near 30 possies that Robbo picked up, at least 50% of them were either ineffective or turned over, finding the ball wasn't the issue, using it was. This is what made Guy Booker Kilmore's best player, he used the ball well through the midfield and made the Blues dangerous with the ball in his hands. Justin Collis was exciting across the half forward line, several times being the target that the Blues channelled the ball through, again though, just that decision making at crucial times hurt Kilmore, the extra bounce when it isn't required and using wrong options. But overall, Booker has plenty to work with and improvement will come each week that these guys run out with each other. Was very impressed with Neill Swann, he works really hard all day to give the Blues an option, he is only young and will certainly become one of the key ruckman in the competition in the future. Jamesy made the most of his opportunities, kicking 7 (I must admit, I was the one who passed on the message that he had kicked 5). The Roos seemed a little flat at times, struggling to get any real fluency through the game. Inaccurate kicking at goal was a problem, usually a key measure of the pressure that was being put on by the opposition, but in this case, the Roos really struggled with set shots on goal, missing several opportunities. Cuffe was good on James, getting his fist to the ball and making him work, while Adam Walsh was widely regarded as best on ground, his ability to read the ball and float off his man to help out in front of James, but also around the half back line was great to watch. I still cant go past Chris Meacham as best on the ground though. When a Full Forward kicks 8.7, takes 15 marks and has 25 possessions, he has had an outstanding day.. Sure, the Blues biggest issue to cover in 2010 is the backline, but there was no one on the ground that even looked like halting Meacham, he was completely dominant for the Roos. It helped though with some of the supply that he received, going back to the point about effectiveness with the football, where Robbo couldn't hit the side of a barn, the Kangaroos midfield, when they got hands on the ball just used it far better, the standouts being Leigh McInerney and Darragh McGovern, while Jake Powell also used the ball far more effectively than the opposition (except when he touched it inside 50). The final pointer out of this match that I picked up was that one player that is creative and just a step ahead of everyone else running about.. Daniel Burrows looks to be a big key for the Roos this year. His ability to find space, find a teammate with just a deft tap on or a tricky hand ball, it breaks the game apart.. On at least 4 occasions, Burrows created a shot on goal, where there was no way the ball should have left the area it was in, smart and creative football, it goes a long way in this competition (Sims is still the best at this), just creating opportunities from nothing can be the difference in winning or losing games.

Things I have learnt from Round 2
  • Macedon are still struggling to find the consistency that they so sorely lacked in 2009.
  • There are now 8 sides that can win on any given day, tipping is going to be a nightmare.
  • Diggers and Woodend are "Not done yet". Sorry again.
  • Riddell are the flag favorites.
  • Kilmore will struggle unless they can improve field kicking efficiency.
  • Watching two key forwards have a shoot out in a game is mighty entertaining.

Performance Ladder - Round 2
Woodend/Hesket
Diggers Rest
Riddell
Sunbury Kangaroos
Lancefield
Kilmore

Wallan
Rockbank
Romsey
Broadford
Melton Centrals
Macedon

Good work on those write ups IMS its handy getting that kind of info every week for some that don t get to see or hear bout how other clubs went on the day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back