RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ross Waters getting a kick at Woodend?? Would be lucky to get a pair of shorts to fit last time I saw him.

Just a lazy five goals against Broadford and another five against the Redbacks in the last 2 hitouts.. feeling sorry for Gum if he has to specially order shorts for young Rosco!

I just hope that the injury ravaged, battle weary Bombers can be at least competative against the might of the all conquering Kangaroo outfit this week champ ??? :confused: :(

You are kidding right??

The best team in the competition, far and away the side to beat, the best depth and the most ability.. The Bombers are clearly the best side in it this year and should go into this game very short priced favorites.. The real interest will be in if the Kangaroos can push themselves into a position to be competitive, you don't win flags in June. But they just don't want to be blown out of the water....

You are kidding right??

The best team in the competition, far and away the side to beat, the best depth and the most ability.. The Bombers are clearly the best side in it this year and should go into this game very short priced favorites.. The real interest will be in if the Kangaroos can push themselves into a position to be competitive, you don't win flags in June. But they just don't want to be blown out of the water....

YOU are unbelievable !!! :cool:

You blokes have left nothing to chance in the recruitment stakes this season. You have NO holes in your list because of that. Your going along just fine at the moment thank you very much; With the exception of one little hicup in round 5 when your coach tinkered with the side, & which led to the inevitable result..... (tank)
Sunbury are now clearly in the drivers seat pal & it looks as if they will start their run towards the 2010 Finals with an emphatic performance against the poor old Bombers this week. So get excited champ, its been a long time coming & the Kangaroos have done all the hard yards, & duely deserve to be odds on Favourites this Saturday. :thumbsu:

You blokes have left nothing to chance in the recruitment stakes this season. You have NO holes in your list because of that. Your going along just fine at the moment thank you very much; With the exception of one little hicup in round 5 when your coach tinkered with the side, & which led to the inevitable result..... (tank)
Sunbury are now clearly in the drivers seat pal & it looks as if they will start their run towards the 2010 Finals with an emphatic performance against the poor old Bombers this week. So get excited champ, its been a long time coming & the Kangaroos have done all the hard yards, & duely deserve to be odds on Favourites this Saturday. :thumbsu:

At last. youve talked some sense:D

You must be hyped up on those flu meds PAL.. The Roos are not the only one's that left no stone unturned in the recruiting stakes in 2010, the Bombers just might have pulled it off a little quieter.. Lets look at the list of names.. Blade, Climas, Baird, Allen, Sammut, Liddell - any other club would wet their collective pants looking at that list, with minimal losses and the addition of these names, the Bombers are clearly the benchmark. The Roos have more injuries than the "poor old Bombers" could imagine, they are lucky to even be fielding a backline these days.. There is no doubt that this is one of the most highly anticipated clashes of the season, but there is no doubt where favoritism lies at this point... The Bombers are still seething about the Kilmore loss, there will be no playing it low key this week.... If you are so keen on the Roos, maybe we should have a little wager :p:cool:

Just a lazy five goals against Broadford and another five against the Redbacks in the last 2 hitouts.. feeling sorry for Gum if he has to specially order shorts for young Rosco!
ha, cmon chrissy you know Gumboot would just lend him a pair of his own...........and still charge him $15. Oh and by the way great article on kyneton in this weeks rag:thumbsu:

The best come back I saw with Jamsey!

I think it was one day out at maybe Romsey, after taking a mark about 45 out on the boundary an old bloke leaned over the fence and yelled at him, " If you think your so good, why don't you kick it on your left" He lined it up put it on the left as requested and straight through the middle. Turned around and said there you go, the bloke smiled, nodded the head and applauded him.:thumbsu:

The man is a freak on his opposite :D never seen a guy hit the ball so sweet on either foot!

You must be hyped up on those flu meds PAL.. The Roos are not the only one's that left no stone unturned in the recruiting stakes in 2010, the Bombers just might have pulled it off a little quieter.. Lets look at the list of names.. Blade, Climas, Baird, Allen, Sammut, Liddell - any other club would wet their collective pants looking at that list, with minimal losses and the addition of these names, the Bombers are clearly the benchmark. The Roos have more injuries than the "poor old Bombers" could imagine, they are lucky to even be fielding a backline these days.. There is no doubt that this is one of the most highly anticipated clashes of the season, but there is no doubt where favoritism lies at this point... The Bombers are still seething about the Kilmore loss, there will be no playing it low key this week.... If you are so keen on the Roos, maybe we should have a little wager :p:cool:

I am VERY keen on the Roos this week pal....... As for the idea of a LITTLE wager....... Well, I believe if your gunna do something mate, do it properly !!!
So make your best offer ???
And please make it worth my undivided attention & interest...... cause I am feeling a little poorly at present & the promise of some easy $$$..... especially YOUR hard earned $$$ - may just be the tonic I require. :eek: :cool:

I am VERY keen on the Roos this week pal....... As for the idea of a LITTLE wager....... Well, I believe if your gunna do something mate, do it properly !!!
So make your best offer ???
And please make it worth my undivided attention & interest...... cause I am feeling a little poorly at present & the promise of some easy $$$..... especially YOUR hard earned $$$ - may just be the tonic I require. :eek: :cool:

Well, I have to weigh up the POOR Bombers who have a whole one player out of their best 22 (Kegga) against the Roos who will be missing several...

You are the go to guy here.. What is the suggestion... 2 or 3??

could always play the lad just a bit of a fruit loop loved to throw a few wild ones as well.

Well, I have to weigh up the POOR Bombers who have a whole one player out of their best 22 (Kegga) against the Roos who will be missing several...

You are the go to guy here.. What is the suggestion... 2 or 3??

C'mon pal you can do better than that surely ???

Why dont we just make it what is the average match payment down at the Kangas these days pal...... a lazy 5, shall we ? :thumbsu: :)

C'mon pal you can do better than that surely ???

Why dont we just make it what is the average match payment down at the Kangas these days pal...... a lazy 5, shall we ? :thumbsu: :)

Average match payment :eek:

You are kidding yourself... But 5 it is....

Interesting to see that you actually believe the dribble that you spurt about the Bombers not being the favorites... Make sure you bring the cash with you on Saturday... You can just shout me all day :D

Another key player went down on saturday. He hadn't set the world on fire, but you could see he had IT! Is it a full re-co mongrel? I'm talking about the quiet kid was his name azza?

If true that is another year ending injury! I don't know how you guy's keep coming up every week! but it's a joy to watch every saturday. It will be frightening for you to the your best 22 on the paddock?

Two quick questions for you mongrel. You still planning on being in that best 22?

Also any truth to the rumour the kanga's have signed another recruit!:eek:

Goodness me when do the clearances close?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another key player went down on saturday. He hadn't set the world on fire, but you could see he had IT! Is it a full re-co mongrel? I'm talking about the quiet kid was his name azza?

If true that is another year ending injury! I don't know how you guy's keep coming up every week! but it's a joy to watch every saturday. It will be frightening for you to the your best 22 on the paddock?

Two quick questions for you mongrel. You still planning on being in that best 22?

Also any truth to the rumour the kanga's have signed another recruit!:eek:

Goodness me when do the clearances close?:D

YES aaron geary is our third knee reco for the season and our fourth season ending injury.we have had to make up to 5 changes a week to cover all our other injuries too. however we should be full strength in the next few weeks mo fo. Yes we have signed young zane williams which is great considering he played his juniors with us. As for me playing, yeah thats the plan but we are getting everything organised on the bench first. should be next game against my old club macedon:thumbsu:

YES aaron geary is our third knee reco for the season and our fourth season ending injury.we have had to make up to 5 changes a week to cover all our other injuries too. however we should be full strength in the next few weeks mo fo. Yes we have signed young zane williams which is great considering he played his juniors with us. As for me playing, yeah thats the plan but we are getting everything organised on the bench first. should be next game against my old club macedon:thumbsu:
with all the injuries, you'll need to pull on the boots again mongrel!

ha, cmon chrissy you know Gumboot would just lend him a pair of his own...........and still charge him $15. Oh and by the way great article on kyneton in this weeks rag:thumbsu:

Hahaha yeah! :D Then Gum would pretend that he didnt get the money and get Rosco to pay again! Thanks for the heads up on the Kyneton piece.. there are many great people around the Tigers and hopefully things work out for them.. commiserations to the pies on Monday.. shouldve knocked off the Dees.. still eyeing off a top 4 spot? :footy:

Hahaha yeah! :D Then Gum would pretend that he didnt get the money and get Rosco to pay again! Thanks for the heads up on the Kyneton piece.. there are many great people around the Tigers and hopefully things work out for them.. commiserations to the pies on Monday.. shouldve knocked off the Dees.. still eyeing off a top 4 spot? :footy:
Only because we dont play the dees again!!!

Good to see it takes a bit of pressure from BigFooty for the RDFL to click into gear.

This is the interleague squad:
Broadford - Damien Barton, Grant Wearne.
Diggers Rest - Shaun Sims, Stuart Clarke, Jason Davies, Craig Marshall.
Kilmore - Matt Robertson, Guy Booker, Aaron James.
Lancefield - Travis Smith, Leigh Irwin, Chris Collins, Brett Caton, Tom Waters.
Macedon - James Wright, Ash Fleming, Jae Wilton, Darren Goodwin, Dylan Wright.
Melton Central - Kane Bullen, Ben Notman, Brian Wheelahan.
Riddell - Mick Allen, Matthew Baird, Gerard Liddell, James Climas, Braden Allen, Matt Sammut.
Rockbank - Jamie Zerafa, Nathan Jackel, Tom Mainey, Michael Kennedy.
Romsey - Cam Dawson, Dean Smith-Whiting, Ash McNaughton, Ryan Connellan, Shannon Green, Gaaaarrrry Moorcroft.
Sunbury Kangas - Darragh McGovern, Leigh Fischendon, Matt Welsh, Adam Walsh, Ryan Hatty, Chris Meacham.
Wallan - Carl Groth, James Turner, Shane Jacobs.
Woodend-Hesket - Matt Knox, Joel Goodyear, Sam Bowen.

For your interest here is the SFL's interleague squad. A few familiar names amongst it.

St Kilda City – Gary Johnstone, Murray Silver, Myles Quinn, Tim Sullivan, Mark Tasiyan, Thomas Farrelly, Danny Jacobs, Dylan Reiseiger, Ezra Poyas, Chris Brannan, Ryan Webb
Chelsea Heights – Phil Smith, Darren Walsh, Ryan Flack, Mark Fitcher, Phillip Matheson, Jayden Attard, Brad Gilder, Jarryd Uren, Rhett Moor, Troy Ogier
St Pauls – Peter Mercoulia, Jarrod Rafferty, Adam McIntyre, Boeh Davies, Kenton Hall, Paul Wheatley, Harley Ambrose, Heath Barnes, Joseph Kreiger
East Brighton – Peter Larsen, Mark Jamieson, Liam Bowman, Dean Williamson, Ben Douthie
Cheltenham – Adam Cole, Stephen Ott, Tom Mentiplay, Ant Symes
Tooronga Malvern – Daniel McLinden
Mordialloc – Marc Horler, Nick Connellan, Timothy Mavric, Luke Kirkland, Brant Deaton, Nathan Stockley
Dingley – Lee Wonnacott, Josh Boyle, Darren Andrews
Heatherton – Matt Jamieson, Michael Bennett, Kane Tucker
Springvale – Brendan Ashman, Jay Piggin
Murrumbeena – Nathan Davidson
Mount Waverley – Jarrod Wilkin, Shane Foster
South Yarra – Paul Sheehan
Clayton – Victor Currie
Oakleigh District – Ryan Everett, Jarrod Layton, Paul Fermanis, Dan Kiellerup
Skye – Matt Doyle
Highett – Pat Singh, Pete Poelsma, Dan Marshall

RDFL Season 2010 - Round 10

After passing the half way mark of season 2010 we switch back into gear this week for some massive games in the RDFL...

Woodend/Hesket FNC (9th, 3-6) vs Melton Centrals (10th, 1-8)
Gilbert Gordon Oval - Woodend
These two sides entered the half way mark with what they would rate themselves as below par marks, the Hawks early season form showed glimpses of a finals side, especially the walloping of the Cats, but since, they have been underwhelming and limped into the half way mark out of contention for the finals race. Centrals have a new coach and several new recruits and while they have been ultra competitive in most of their games, to have one win on the board at the half way mark will be disappointing. The Hawks have been well served by Sam Bowen, Joel Goodyear and Ross Waters while Luke Barker has been his usual consistent self in the back half. They need more consistency from the exciting young forwards, especially when it comes to impacting games. Rory Cross and James Hepburn have an opportunity to kick start the 2nd half of the year in style here. Centrals have had several solid contributors. Ben Notman has been in good form in the midfield while Brian Wheelahan has remained injury free so far and the dividends have really started to show in recent weeks. They still need more from Kane Bullen who is one of the best rebounding defenders in the competition. This game could well be decided by the location that it is being played, the Hawks are very good at home and Centrals will need a lot to go their way if they are able to topple them. The backline and midfield isn't a problem for Centrals but they need avenue's to goal, the Hawks backline if at it's solid best will be tough for Centrals to penetrate.
Game Key: Location, Location. The home side play their ground very well, and while Centrals have been competitive, they just haven't been able to get that elusive win. They will need to put pressure on the Hawks which means that defensive actions will need to be up. If their tackle count is high and the Hawks don't find the space, then Centrals might be a chance.
Woodend/Hesket by 18 points.

Broadford FNC (12th, 0-9) Vs Lancefield FNC (3rd, 8-1)
Harley Hammond Reserve - Broadford
Broadford had a horror start to the year but by the half way mark had started to put in some really competitive performances. They will need a lot more than that this week though as the Tigers are starting to hit top gear. Tom Waters has been in outstanding form and Broadford will really struggle to find someone to go with him, the Roos need to curb his influence along with that of Chris Collins and Trav Smith to close this down and make it a contest. The Tigers backline is arguably the best in the competition and when you have a side that isn't the best at applying scoreboard pressure in the first place, coming up against the miserly Tiger back 6 wont help them. The Tigers have several forwards that have plenty of the "P" word, potential can be a worrying thing, but if Fitzy can keep getting 2-3 goals a week out of each of his bigger forwards they will be tough to beat. This trip shouldn't worry the Tigers too much and unfortunately this clash looks to be between a side that wont win a game for the year and the side that looks like they won't drop a game from now until finals.
Game Key: Talent, the Tigers just have too much of it for Broadford, all that the Roos faithful can do is continue to hope the players give their all as they have done week in and week out so far, and that the younger players continue to learn and develop.
Lancefield by 80 points

Kilmore FNC (4th, 6-3) Vs Rockbank FSC (11th, 1-8)
JJ Clancy Reserve - Kilmore
Two sides that have had completely contrasting starts to the season. The Blues up until last game were firing and only just fell short of the rampaging Tigers, at times, looking to have control of the game. Surely there was a concern at the end of the game when Matt Robertson limped off with what looked like a hamstring injury, but he was in the game when it mattered, so he should be ok for this week. The Blues recruited well in the off season and seem to be finally putting it all together on the park as well. Robbo, Booker and James are guns, no doubting it, but it is the next level that is just stepping up and making the Blues contenders. Mark Prendegast and Jock Thompson have been excellent in the back half, while Shaun Garland and Justin Collis have provided targets across the half forward line. The Blues certainly have the lineup to be premiership contenders, they just need to ensure they keep their best on the park. At times in the few games I have seen from the Blues, they look as though something will give and players will explode, at each other, at the umpires, at the opposition, but they continue to manage to hold it all together, they are certainly a big threat. The Rams have impressed everyone with the direction that the club is heading in, Lee Spry has everyone within the club headed in the right direction and hopefully for continued improvement as the season wears on. Hopefully they can pick up some wins as it will only assist in the club moving forward. Unfortunately, they may just not have the cattle to do it here. Will be interesting to see who lines up on James, Kennedy or Krul would be the favorites...
Game Key: Space. The Blues actually work well at bottling the ball up until they are ready to break the game open. The Rams have some really dangerous players if they are able to find space and will make sure it is a tough day for the Blues. The Rams need to stop Booker dropping into the hole unapposed though or they will find it very hard to score.
Kilmore by 48 points

Romsey FNC (7th, 4-5) Vs Wallan FNC (8th, 4-5)
Romsey Park - Romsey
No Moorcroft, No Dawson - Can the Redbacks overcome two massive hurdles in this game is the question. They certainly have the cover with Ash McNaughton in brilliant form, Shannon Green is a quality midfielder and the big Yak Ryan Connellan will give his side everything he can. The Magpies will be firing after a disappointing performance in their last game out, they were completely outplayed by the Cats and need some redemption, that could not be sweeter against a long time rival in the Redbacks. So much hinges on this contest in the context of the remainder of the year. By my judgement, the winner of this game will go 6-3 for the rest of the year and make finals, the loser will go 5-4 and miss out, so expect a ferocious game of football that will be entertaining for everyone at the ground. The Redbacks need plenty of output from their leaders, Steve Burlak and Adam Kearney are so important to the result of this game, while Brad Mitchell has been quiet since two big bags of 5 goals, he will need to step into the shoes of Gary this week. The Magpies are still struggling with an avenue to goal, although Fonua and Gilchrist were options last week and Langbourne has been solid so far. With a really strong midfield group, the Magpies just need to continually put the ball in dangerous areas and make the Redbacks defend. If they can get in front, the Redbacks just might find it too tough to peg them back.
Game Key: Scoring options. The Redbacks have plenty of them, but haven't used them effectively so far this year. The Magpies don't have as many but they work hard on defense and look to grind out a win, get the nose in front and stay there. This could be a real arm wrestle.
Wallan by 8 points.

Macedon FC (6th, 5-4) Vs Diggers Rest FNC (5th, 6-3)
Tony Clarke Reserve - Macedon
Another game that holds such a key to the rest of the season. The Burra are a game ahead of the pack, a win here will see them go 2 games clear of at least two of those sides, while a loss puts them equal with 2 sides and in danger of slipping back. The Cats need a win here to back up a powerful display against the Magpies in their last game and will also keep them in touch with the top 4. The Burra have been motoring along quite nicely, they have had injuries but have just been able to continue to get the job done. Stuart Clarke has been in blistering form, while the Burra are getting plenty out of Jason Davies off a half back line. With Shaun Sims, Cole Laurie, Dan McCabe, Dan Poynton and Steve Ruane nearing full fitness the Burra are a dangerous proposition for any side, they will never give up the fight and will keep themselves in the game right until the end. They also have the wood over the Cats, last year in the first finals, they physically monstered them out of the contest, they will want to continue along the same path on Saturday. The Cats are starting to gel, they still have a few players to return from injury and will be looking at making a statement in this game. James Wright and Dylan Wright have been the Cats standouts while Ash Fleming is starting to find the form that saw him dominate the competition last year. Whether at CHF or in the Ruck, Fleming is a huge key to this Cats line up.
Both sides will be desperate to make an impact early, on their home ground, the Cats are a much better side, but the Burra will not let them control the game as they like.
Game Key: Physicality. Seems like every week I question the Cats ability to win the contested football, I am just waiting for them to fall over. Against the Magpies they won the contest on carrying the ball from behind the lines and made themselves tough to stop. The Burra are good at shutting this down and making the contest stoppage related, if they can do this on Tony Clarke, they are a big show.
Macedon by 22 points.

MATCH OF THE ROUND
Sunbury Kangaroos FNC (2nd, 8-1) Vs Riddell FNC (1st, 8-1)
Boardman Reserve - Sunbury
The match that we have all been waiting for, granted, it isn't the contest of the two undefeated sides, but it is the top of the table clash (unless they draw and the Tigers win :D).
The Bombers are coming off what can only be described as a run of the mill win over Broadford the week after dropping their only game of the season. They had started to struggle with some niggling injuries and the break couldn't have come at a better time, with most players back and another challenger on the horizon, the Bombers will be at their primed best for this clash. They have so many options up forward, it makes them a very tough team to shut down. Matt Baird and Mick Allen have carried the mantle of the key targets, but if their influence is subdued they have others that step up and hit the scoreboard. The Bomber midfield is again one of the premier in the comp. Climas, Casson, Sammut, Liddell, Whittard, Blade - the list goes on and on, they provide the drive and the contest that allows the forwards so many opportunities, while Brayden Allen is currently slated as the best ruckman in the competition by some. The Roos season has been interrupted by injury, but the positive for Helmers is that others have been able to step up into any role requested and perform. The Roos midfield is also much vaunted, McGovern, Hatty, L.McInerney, M.McInerney, Baddelley and Caccamo will front their biggest challenge this week and have proven in the first half of the season that they are up to it, while the form of Leigh Fishenden in recent weeks has been excellent. The question remains, can the guys that keep coming into the side continue to step up each week. The Roos forward line, something that in the past has always been the biggest worry is performing, they have several options in Meacham, Fenton and Cuffe while the smaller forwards and midfielders have provided crumbing options. They are starting to work well together inside that forward 50 and the thing that has impressed me most with the core group of forwards is that they are not interested in being the man, they want to win and will do what it takes. The challenge is there for this weeks game, we will see if they can continue that way.
Game Key: Pressure. The Bombers have their much vaunted "Aura" back up and running. But too often opposition sides pay too much attention to what the guys in the Red and Black are doing and not worrying about what they need to do. I don't think that will be the case this week, these two sides will go head to head and for once, the Bombers might not be able to run around doing as they please, they may just have to work for it.
Sunbury Kangaroos by 14 points.

(Omni - The bet is off :p)

you wouldnt be referring to punches thrown by bdr68 would u ims????:D
AHHH those WERE the days my friend :D:D:D. 2 ambos, cops at the end thrown beer cans (half full), mongrel on my side once more. Ya just cant beat local footy;). I cant recall seeing you there IMS, oh yes I can......about 6 rows back:p Good luck tomorrow mongrel, should be a cracker of a game.

Romsey by bout 4 goals over Wallan

I have just watched a side throw away a game. Wallan should have beaten Romsey but some undisiplined play just showed everyone when the chips are down, Wallan resort to get angry. By angry I mean throwing punches and just being stupid. I saw the first 2 games of the year and havent seen any since due to work, and its NOT the same Wallan I saw back then. For 3 quarters, they were in it then boom out came the agro. Curly did get Semmo going in the 4th quarter (Semmo was umpiring fairly well for 3 quarters then he found his man to pick on) and that was Wallan gooooonnnnnneeeeeeee. The Pies lost a man in the last due to stupidity. He was penalised and he went on with it and the Romsey player pointed to the scoreboard and then the punches started and bye bye Wallan.
Time to start to rebuild for next year Wallan.

AHHH those WERE the days my friend :D:D:D. 2 ambos, cops at the end thrown beer cans (half full), mongrel on my side once more. Ya just cant beat local footy;). I cant recall seeing you there IMS, oh yes I can......about 6 rows back:p Good luck tomorrow mongrel, should be a cracker of a game.

Hey!!!! I was only 2 rows back!!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back