RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont pull the injury excuse, no one cares, Romsey have alot of injuries at the moment. One of the reasons Lancefield lost was because alot of there players were hanging out trying to get easy kicks, I seen numerous Lancefield players shirk the hard ball, SOFTTTTTTTTTTTT

As a supporter of a football club... This isn't the brightest thing to run around saying, especially now that your club is in a prime position to fill one of the finals spots and just might run into the Tigers again, but then again, no-one has ever accused you of being a rocket scientist...

Lancefield were not soft, but they were indeed monstered.. Romsey were bigger and stronger over the ball and the Tigers just couldn't manage the intensity required for four quarters.. But lets look at the soft comment just for a second. Chris Collins, Tim Collins, Leigh Irwin, Ben Talbot - Just these for names alone will certainly ensure there is no "soft" to speak of if these two sides are to meet again...... As for the Redbacks, unlike the Grand Final of 2009, the attack was measured and executed, an attack on the ball and the contest rather than the man... It was fantastic to watch.. :thumbsu:

Gents

Tomorrow night, the Melton Central FNC will be hosting a Sportman's Night at the Melton Dart Club (63 Reserve Road) featuring the enigmatic JASON AKERMANIS! This promises to be a night full of controversy and maybe some answers that the public may be looking for.

Tickets are $30, finger food provided and drinks at bar prices. The night starts at 7pm and will also feature Doug Hawkins and a few comedians. Check out our website www.meltoncentralfnc.com.au for details or in today's Herald Sun on page 97, bottom left hand corner to book tickets. Promises to be a great night!!

As a supporter of a football club... This isn't the brightest thing to run around saying, especially now that your club is in a prime position to fill one of the finals spots and just might run into the Tigers again, but then again, no-one has ever accused you of being a rocket scientist...

Lancefield were not soft, but they were indeed monstered.. Romsey were bigger and stronger over the ball and the Tigers just couldn't manage the intensity required for four quarters.. But lets look at the soft comment just for a second. Chris Collins, Tim Collins, Leigh Irwin, Ben Talbot - Just these for names alone will certainly ensure there is no "soft" to speak of if these two sides are to meet again...... As for the Redbacks, unlike the Grand Final of 2009, the attack was measured and executed, an attack on the ball and the contest rather than the man... It was fantastic to watch.. :thumbsu:

If you want to have a shot at me personally, please come and do it at the football or at my house you have my name and address. If I want to shit stir the Lancefield Football Club and tell it as I see it that they are arrogant, flying the flag what a joke, there coach abusing an injured 17 year old Romsey player it has nothing to do with you EINSTIEN its called rivalry

If you want to have a shot at me personally, please come and do it at the football or at my house you have my name and address. If I want to shit stir the Lancefield Football Club and tell it as I see it that they are arrogant, flying the flag what a joke, there coach abusing an injured 17 year old Romsey player it has nothing to do with you EINSTIEN its called rivalry

The Kev Fitzgerald I know would never do such a thing. Same as Lancefield being arrogant. Flying the flag at your home game is your right and I know for a fact it has been erected at least two other times this season.

Think you hit a nerve there IMS!!:D:D We all have our opinions!! Mine is that Romsey are pretenders, just like last year when we played you!!

Im not overly fussed, to be honest you can write what you like, hope the rivalry continues to build...

Personally, I see it as pointless and a way to build motivation for the opposition, especially when the comments are so baseless.. But good luck to you sir..

The Kev Fitzgerald I know would never do such a thing. Same as Lancefield being arrogant. Flying the flag at your home game is your right and I know for a fact it has been erected at least two other times this season.
And lucky for you Myles Dorman is playing elsewhere Pickles, as the flag wouldnt be the only thing erected at Lanny home games.

And lucky for you Myles Dorman is playing elsewhere Pickles, as the flag wouldnt be the only thing erected at Lanny home games.

Bazinga!!!!!!!!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good would it be if a club such as Melton South rejoined the RDFL..? It would be MASSIVE! Maybe Trentham too.. 14 team competition?

How good would it be if a club such as Melton South rejoined the RDFL..? It would be MASSIVE! Maybe Trentham too.. 14 team competition?

I read last week that trentham are looking at a move leagues but have ruled out the RDFL as an option due to lack of competitiveness

Just returned a missed call from the Broadford clubrooms from about 6pm tonight, seems this Saturdays matches between the Roos and Woodend has been transferred to Harley Hammond Reserve due to the state of the ground.

I reckon if we all could help spread the word at such late notice both Woodend and Broadford club's would be extremely appreciative.

And here I was going to have a wager with Brewie at work tomorrow coz I thought 4-5 goals mighta been enough to perhaps pinch the Roos their first win of twenty ten in a bog . . . . wallet just may stay closed now :(

Just returned a missed call from the Broadford clubrooms from about 6pm tonight, seems this Saturdays matches between the Roos and Woodend has been transferred to Harley Hammond Reserve due to the state of the ground.

I reckon if we all could help spread the word at such late notice both Woodend and Broadford club's would be extremely appreciative.

And here I was going to have a wager with Brewie at work tomorrow coz I thought 4-5 goals mighta been enough to perhaps pinch the Roos their first win of twenty ten in a bog . . . . wallet just may stay closed now :(
what kind of state is the broadford ground in Doona?? geez, the woodend ground must be bad. I remember playing on that thing ages ago, where they had a tractor rolling the ground to compact the mud! :p

RDFL 2010 Season - Round 15

It seems as though I say it every week, but another big round of games in the context of the RDFL season. Every week from here in will have games with so much riding on them.... :thumbsu:

Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Wallan
Boardman Reserve - Sunbury
This shapes as a make or break match up for both sides with only a few matches remaining. The Roos, if they can get a win here, can really put pressure on the Tigers for a top two spot, especially with the Tigers having a tough match up against Kilmore (A loss for the Tigers and a win with a solid margin will have the Roos in 2nd). While the Magpies need a win over a higher rated opponent to sneak into the finals. Both sides have suffered through injury over recent weeks so both will be keen to sneak a win here. The Roos form in the past 3 weeks has been much improved after a couple of down weeks, while the Magpies have been doing the right things. They just need that special result. Expect nothing short of both sides giving everything they have this week and a cracking matchup.
Sunbury Kangaroos by 32 points

Diggers Rest Vs Rockbank
Diggers Rest Reserve - Diggers Rest
The Burra did what they had to do last week and that was put away a weaker opponent with emphasis. Every game is super important now after Romsey were able to upset the Tigers. The Burra need to continue that form this week against the Rams as percentage may become very important. The Rams will certainly not want them to have it all their own way though. They will want to have an influence on the season and they have an opportunity if they can knock the Burra of the perch. Should be a very interesting contest.
Diggers Rest by 38 points

Woodend/Hesket Vs Broadford
(Now) Harley Hammond Reserve - Broadford
With both sides well and truly out of the race for finals, this is a battle of pride for the Hawks and the Roos. The Hawks have had some impressive results in recent weeks and will want to continue that good form with a strong win over the Roos. Broadford are desperate for that first win of the season, they have really improved over the season and have certainly showed that at times they are a super competitive unit. While they haven't been able to pick up a win. Expect the Roos to fight with everything they have again this week.
Woodend/Hesket by 25 points

Melton Centrals Vs Romsey
McPherson Park - Melton
The Redbacks have all the form and momentum at the right time of the year and will hit the finals full of running if they can keep winning. Last weeks win was proof of what the Redbacks are capable of and an ominous sign for Centrals heading into this week. Centrals would be disappointed terribly with last week's result. The Burra were just too good last week, although it was only two quarters that really put Centrals to the sword, they can't afford the same to happen this week as the Redbacks have so many options that can destroy the game in a small space of time.
Romsey by 70 points

Riddell Vs Macedon
Riddells Creek Reserve - Riddell
The Bombers sit nicely atop the ladder a game clear and should now with a massive percentage advantage, finish there. They continue to get the job done with a scrappy win against the Hawks last week, but it was another win and that is all that counts. The Cats put themselves in the danger zone with last weeks loss to the Kangas and need a big performance here to ensure they keep up with the sides coming at them, otherwise they could see themselves on shaky ground. They don't need to walk away with a win, but can't afford to walk away being belted either. Should be a great contest between two exciting sides.
Riddell by 25 points

Match of the Round
Kilmore Vs Lancefield
JJ Clancy Reserve - Kilmore
A classic contest awaits the fans that travel to JJ Clancy on the weekend as the Blues and Tigers face off. The Tigers found the going tough last week, undermanned against the Redbacks and totally put to the sword. They physically couldn't match the demands that were required of them in a tough match. Without Chris and Tim Collins and Leigh Irwin, they were found out, the question mark remains, will Irwin come up this week and will he be fit for the battle against James. If he doesn't come up, do the Tigers use Caton on him, or do they go with Conway and have Caton floating in front of him? The Tigers probably wont go in at full strength until next week, meaning they will need some of the younger players to really step up against a Kilmore side that boasts a very experienced and talented midfield. The Tigers midfield just has to stand up. The Blues have been solid in the past couple of weeks are are sure to be gearing up for a big run at the finals. As long as they can keep everyone fit and disciplined, they are a certain contender, but that question mark is always there, they have volitility spread right across the field. This should be a cracking contest, if the Tigers can get on top early, they might just frustrate the Blues. But if the Blues get a run on, they might just be too hard to stop.
Kilmore by 10 points.

Yeah Melton and Melton Sth would be great additions to the RDFL......pffft:mad:, And junior footy no less, what in the world gets into these people.

I believe the RDFL will shortly become a 16 team comp. Rolling Meadows is another team that potentially could join as well as the teams listed above.

I believe the RDFL will shortly become a 16 team comp. Rolling Meadows is another team that potentially could join as well as the teams listed above.

It was stated at the start of the year that they will field 18s this year with the plan to field a senior side in 2012. With the facilities they have I'm sure they will do that and put more pressure on the other 3 Sunbury teams and the surrounding areas.

Credit where credits due. Great win tday for the kangas, 9 players out. gutsy effort. Well done also to Jamie hollingsworth from wallan, easily best afield

Watched a solid game of football at Boardman Reserve with the Kangaroos hosting Wallan.

Both sides had key members missing from their best sides, the Kangaroos especially fielded a very young team with several players under 20 years of age that had come through the 18's in recent years or play in the 18's this year.
The first quarter started as expected with the Magpies coming out hard early and throwing everything at the Roos. Shane Jacobs in particular looked very dangerous early finding plenty of the football in space throughout the middle of the ground and using a penetrating kick to put the Roos defence under pressure. As the quarter went on though the Roos settled. Matt Leonard was starring across the half forward line, while Leigh McInerney, Darragh McGovern, Ryan Hatty and Dan Gregory were finding plenty of the ball and giving Chris Meacham opportunity up forward. If it wasn't for inaccurate finishing in front of goal the game could have been over at quarter time.
The second quarter saw the Magpies control the game a little better. Jacobs was still finding plenty of the ball, while Dave Fowler started to look dangerous up forward with some great delivery in patches. Jamie Hollingsworth was also starting to find the ball, but star on baller Carl Groth was having a quiet day and the Magpies tried everything to get him involved. But two goals to one for the quarter allowed the Magpies to tie the game up, an excellent position to be in with the Roos inaccuracy.
After half time, the game stepped up a notch. The Roos midfield, including Hatty, McInerney and Matt Welsh really stamped themselves on the game. Jake Powell was lifting across half back while Joeb Ploog was outstanding at CHB. His performances are really showing signs of maturity and leadership. A 3 goal to 1 quarter gave the Roos the upper hand and it looked as the though the Magpies were tiring..
The Roos continued to push forward in the final term. The midfield was well on top at stoppages and the small running players were providing plenty of drive. Hollingsworth and Jacobs continued to try hard for the Magpies but it wasn't enough as the Roos ran out comfortable winners in the end.

My Votes
3 - Shane Jacobs (Wallan)
2 - Ryan Hatty (Sunbury Kangaroos)
1 - Jamie Cuffe (Sunbury Kangaroos)

What I learned from Round 15
  • The final spot in the six is down to two teams, Romsey and Diggers, with a massive game for the Redbacks this week, a win and they will finish fifth, a loss and they could still miss.
  • If games go to plan, any side in the top six could win on any day, the Cats could finish as low as sixth and they ran the Bombers to less than a goal away from home.
  • The top two is just about locked up now. The two sides that play in the qualifying final in the second week are in the box seat though. It takes away the reward of finishing top two.
  • The Redbacks are well and truly back.. A win against Kilmore and look out to the rest of the competition.
Performance Ladder - Round 15
Romsey
Lancefield
Sunbury Kangaroos
Riddell
Macedon
Diggers Rest

Woodend/Hesket
Kilmore
Broadford
Wallan
Rockbank
Melton Centrals.

Saw Bombers v Cats at a very average riddell ground yesterday. Considering some of the bog they had to overcome it was a great quality match that was tight all day. Bombers looked the better in first half through Allen dominating Wilton in rucks and Allen having the better of young Mills in there forward line.
But the third quarter belonged to cats. Some of the young talent they continue to blood is exceptional. Young Clough and Markworth were doing party tricks on the good wing and Fleming moved from defence to forward had a big quarter on J Allen. Liddle got sent off for late hit on Nipper wright who i have to declare an absolute superstar and from what ive seen should be a massive show for bowen this year. when D Goodwin kicked 2 in a minute the cats were purring.
Last quarter was exciting stuff. The bombers kicked 2 in a hurry one from a silly 50 by the cats and the game looked done and dusted as they were kicking to good end but cats refused to lie down. Most important passage of play for day was when riddell defence scrambled ball out of square with just minutes to go. Climas and Burgess had massive 1 on 1 which climas won, he got ball over to 37 who kicked lovely goal.
Cats won next clearance Nipper kicks beauty on left from 45 and margin back to 3 points. 30 seconds left, Goodwin wins another clearance, ball ends up in Flemings hands 60 from goal.......buuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Siren sounds.
Great game, result could of gone either way, umpired well.

3- N Wright
2- Matt Sammutt
1- D goodwin

The team that had all their points taken away actually withdrew their own club from the remaining games and finals...

From the info that I received there was no one stabbed in the neck with a pen...
Your all over an under 16's game but when a club may or may not have cheated you say nothing. lol. See how the league tried to bury this to? No statement/press release needed here to i presume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back