RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heap of praise for the umpiring efforts of Mick Brown and Tim Rath out at Trenm on the weekend. Very rare to hear both supporters and players rave about what a top job they done for the day. Cheers to the R.D.F.L umpires assoc for sending out 2 of their best

Heap of praise for the umpiring efforts of Mick Brown and Tim Roth out at Trenm on the weekend. Very rare to hear both supporters and players rave about what a top job they done for the day. Cheers to the R.D.F.L umpires assoc for sending out 2 of their best
Nine thumbs up!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I will give credit were credit is due

Your all over an under 16's game but when a club may or may not have cheated you say nothing. lol. See how the league tried to bury this to? No statement/press release needed here to i presume?

Bwahahaha... You really are trying to put your name up in lights aren't you..

I will explain to you why.... The team "Cheating" as you put it, didn't happen, nothing to comment on..... Lacked basis and substance, pretty sure that is why there was no press release either :p

As for this incident, I didn't have to get "all over it", I spoke to someone on the weekend, he told me what the club had done to remedy the situation (well done Melton by the way) and told me that he didn't think that the rumour of someone being stabbed in the neck with a pen had any basis, but that there was a serious incident concerning the two clubs that was currently pending an investigation.

That is all...

Press release hey?? Why?? What press release/statement do you need??
Why do you need it??? Why do you assume that every incident needs a press release, it is extremely rare for the league to issue a press release when an incident occurs, just because you have been back for five minutes, doesn't mean that should start occuring now.. If you are truly concerned and upset by this then email the league personally advising them of your view, but don't run around potting them every five minutes because they haven't provided a press release about something, the only clubs that need to be informed are the clubs affected by the club pulling out.

I tell you what, forward on your email address and I will talk to the league about getting a RMFO newsletter up and running so that you are fully informed of all goings on in the future. :p

RDFL Tipping comp update

Code:
[B]RDFL Tipping
Name               Total[/B]
matt_nichols         76
Cats2010             75
Pato34               75
Underestimated       75
Joeblow2             72
OMNIPOTENT_1         72
Doona                71
Blues12              70
Noathingortwo        70
slyone               69
Itsmyshow            69
Kings Army           69
silly monkey         66
grumpy smurf         64
Gemini17             63
sprechen             62
Walks                47
mongrel              37

Re: RDFL Tipping comp update

Code:
[B]RDFL Tipping[/B]
[B]Name               Total[/B]
matt_nichols         76
Cats2010             75
Pato34               75
Underestimated       75
Joeblow2             72
OMNIPOTENT_1         72
Doona                71
Blues12              70
Noathingortwo        70
slyone               69
Itsmyshow            69
Kings Army           69
silly monkey         66
grumpy smurf         64
Gemini17             63
sprechen             62
Walks                47
mongrel              37

And the finals of the RDFL supercoach start this week. KA V IMS in an elimination final.

Re: RDFL Tipping comp update

And the finals of the RDFL supercoach start this week. KA V IMS in an elimination final.

Do they??? Oh crap... I am gonna get smashed... :D

Bwahahaha... You really are trying to put your name up in lights aren't you..

I will explain to you why.... The team "Cheating" as you put it, didn't happen, nothing to comment on..... Lacked basis and substance, pretty sure that is why there was no press release either :p

As for this incident, I didn't have to get "all over it", I spoke to someone on the weekend, he told me what the club had done to remedy the situation (well done Melton by the way) and told me that he didn't think that the rumour of someone being stabbed in the neck with a pen had any basis, but that there was a serious incident concerning the two clubs that was currently pending an investigation.

That is all...

Press release hey?? Why?? What press release/statement do you need??
Why do you need it??? Why do you assume that every incident needs a press release, it is extremely rare for the league to issue a press release when an incident occurs, just because you have been back for five minutes, doesn't mean that should start occuring now.. If you are truly concerned and upset by this then email the league personally advising them of your view, but don't run around potting them every five minutes because they haven't provided a press release about something, the only clubs that need to be informed are the clubs affected by the club pulling out.

I tell you what, forward on your email address and I will talk to the league about getting a RMFO newsletter up and running so that you are fully informed of all goings on in the future. :p

Too funny. I did say lol IMS so i was having a joke.

That newsletter idea is gold:thumbsu:

It's great to hear Ryan Hatty is dominating a quality player and top bloke he will only get better as finals approach He loves the finals. It will be great to watch the kangas in the finals im looking forward to it just gotta wait for my season to finish only 2 games to go.

3 Rounds remaining doona, a tight race for finals positions, big games on this weekend, Some hot bowen medal prospects, finals venues nearly decided, but hey lets talk about the same thing over and over again. Judging by the limited posts of late, I assume that the majority of other readers and posters have gone off this thread too:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals Venues
WEEK 1
Boardman
Rockbank
Wallan

WEEK 2
Macedon
Riddell

PRELIMINARY FINAL
Romsey

GRAND FINAL
Lancefield

Just had a flick thru the RDFL Finals Tender Guidelines and find it hard to get me head around. A criteria of 34 items are to be met, with item #8 reading as follows . . . .

8. Successful HOSTING clubs shall pay to the league a fee for a licence to host finals of:

• First week of Finals - $880 per day
  • Second week of Finals - $1100
  • Preliminary Final - $2200
  • Grand Final - $3850
(All prices include GST)

Can someone who's been involved other leagues confirm whether this happens elsewhere please??? From what I can gather league fees alone are way over the odds (approx $23,000) then the league gets $10,000 on top just cause they can :confused:

Surely the RDFL could have all the gatetakings from the final series and the club's can be left to earn a few bob with some catering and a match day raffle without the need to pay for the priviledge. I know for a fact the two VCFL comps I'd been involved in did it this way, they even rotated the venues to be fair on each club, and at season's end each club got a dividend back.

I know I probably raised this last season too, but it seems a touch greedy to me :eek:

Just had a flick thru the RDFL Finals Tender Guidelines and find it hard to get me head around. A criteria of 34 items are to be met, with item #8 reading as follows . . . .

8. Successful HOSTING clubs shall pay to the league a fee for a licence to host finals of:

• Grand Final - $3850
(All prices include GST)

Can someone who's been involved other leagues confirm whether this happens elsewhere please??? From what I can gather league fees alone are way over the odds (approx $23,000) then the league gets $10,000 on top just cause they can :confused:

Surely the RDFL could have all the gatetakings from the final series and the club's can be left to earn a few bob with some catering and a match day raffle without the need to pay for the priviledge. I know for a fact the two VCFL comps I'd been involved in did it this way, they even rotated the venues to be fair on each club, and at season's end each club got a dividend back.

I know I probably raised this last season too, but it seems a touch greedy to me :eek:
Agree with you doona, monies from the gate should be divided between all clubs should be able to set up either food or drink around the ground to make a bit of extra cash along the way. Would go along way to making clubs financially stronger for the following year.
Hard enough as it is to run a footy club let alone having to dig into your pocket every couple of weeks for fees, fines, etc.

Agree with you doona, monies from the gate should be divided between all clubs should be able to set up either food or drink around the ground to make a bit of extra cash along the way. Would go along way to making clubs financially stronger for the following year.
Hard enough as it is to run a footy club let alone having to dig into your pocket every couple of weeks for fees, fines, etc.

In the O&M each hosting club pays a finals levy based on a percentage of the gate.
That amount is divided amongst the other clubs who did not host that particular final except for Lavington Panthers who have hosted the Grand Final since 1994.

It costs the Panthers between $12-15K depending on the crowd which is then divided amongst the other 11 clubs.

Saw this on another thread and thought it would be interesting what everyone thought from within each club....

B&F-
Runners up-
Most consistent-
Most courageous-
Best utility-
Most improved-
Coaches award-
Most undisciplined-
Future star-
Best clubman-
Best supporter-

RDFL 2010 Season - Round 16

Well with 3 rounds remaining in the 2010 season we are down to the business end with 4 sides fighting out the final two spots in the top 6. A win this week will see the Redbacks hold a monopoly on one of the spots while Macedon, Diggers and Wallan should all be able to keep their hopes alive with wins this week too. With the top two spots locked up as well as third, will sides start to use these weeks as a chance to rest up key players looking ahead to finals making them vunerable. An interesting round of games.

Woodend/Hesket FNC Vs Wallan FNC
Gilbert Gordon Oval - Woodend (No word on a switch yet)
Two sides that have given their all for the entire season yet look like they will miss the finals if things keep heading the way they are. The Magpies were galant last week but just couldn't get over the Roos. Shane Jacobs and Jamie Hollingsworth led the way through the midfield, while Carl Groth was down and they badly missed Gavin Langbourne. The Hawks got the win over Broadford and with the end of the season looming would be desperate to finish off on the right note. Matt Knox has been in excellent form in the second half of the year while Joel Goodyear has consistently been his sides best. Ross Waters will again be important. The Magpies have the superior midfield, but only just.. The Hawks have pushed some very good sides to the limit in recent weeks and would love to have an impact on the make up of the finals.
Wallan by 8 points.

Broadford FNC Vs Diggers Rest FNC
Harley Hammond Reserve - Broadford
Broadford are improving every week, it is a credit to the people currently at the club and the players. They should be proud of the performances they have put in so far as highlighted by their effort last week. Damien Barton in particular has been a standout in recent weeks as has Shaun Duggan. I still think they will find it difficult to get a win this season, but gee they will make sure any opponent has to work for one. The Burra are getting the job done and they do need to put the score on the board this week. With two games in the following two weeks that will help decide the Burra's fate, they just need as much percentage as they can build. Shaun Sims is in vintage form, while Cole Laurie has also been showing glimpses, the Burra just need to get themselves in..
Diggers Rest by 40 points

Rockbank FSC Vs Macedon FC
Ian Cowie Reserve - Rockbank
The Cats get a first hand look at one of the finals ground this week as they travel to Rockbank. These two sides developed a little rivalry a couple of years back and usually have a pretty good contest. The Rams picked up a couple of wins for the season but overall I think would be disappointed with where they are at this stage, they have 3 weeks to really make a statement and build some momentum heading into next year. The equation for the Cats is simple. They cannot afford to drop a game like this. Remembering back a few years I saw a young Dylan Wright light up Ian Cowie, I wonder whether he can draw on those memories for this weeks game. James Wright is now being widely regarded as a Bowen Medal favorite and from all reports, there is no reason to debate this (unless you are Fitzy, who believes there is a problem if Tom doesn't win it :p) while the Big Rig is only going to get better with every game he plays. Macedon should really be building for finals now and put all question marks beyond a doubt with a big win here.
Macedon by 75 points.

Lancefield FNC Vs Melton Centrals FNC
Lancefield Park - Lancefield
The Tigers locked up a top two spot with the win against Kilmore last week and will likely use this week to get some run into players heading into finals. Ben Talbot, Chris Collins and Tim Collins should all return to strengthen what already is a formidable line up. Centrals have struggled in recent weeks and are sure to come out firing, looking to take something out of the remainder of the year. They have had some players showing signs though with Watkins and Bullen in great form in recent weeks. This will be a tough trip to Lancefield though and Centrals will find this one too tough to counter.
Lancefield by 55 points

Romsey FNC Vs Kilmore FNC
Romsey Park - Romsey
The Redbacks are on fire, they have demolished opponents in the last two weeks and a win here will put them in the box seat for a finals spot, while a loss will keep them firmly entrenched in the race. Gary Moorcroft and Brad Mitchell have been on fire inside forward 50 while Dean Smith-Whiting and Cam Dawson have lifted their output around the ground. First time around the Redbacks really had a tough time countering Aaron James and this week will be no different. James holds the key to the contest for the Redbacks and if they can cut off the supply from Robertson and Booker, it will make for a tough day for the big guy. Opposition sides have started to work that out in recent weeks. It isn't about stopping James, it is about stopping his supply. James will kick goals whether you like it or not. So the pressure has to be on the guys delivering the ball. Robertson has been in blistering form this year. His ability to win the football around packs and in a contested situation really set the Blues forward thrust up. He, along with Booker are the reason that the Blues are in so many of their contests. While the Blues half back line have been pivitol in the Kilmore success. Early in the season it looked as though the backline was going to be the biggest issue, but they have settled and look dangerous. Another key for the Blues is Todd Keenan, he has added another dimension as a small forward and is now causing headaches for opposition sides that see Kilmore as a one trick pony with James up front. If the Redbacks show up with that mentality then they will come away very disappointed.
Romsey by 10 points

Match of the Round
Riddell FNC Vs Sunbury Kangaroos FNC
Riddells Creek Reserve - Riddell
First Vs Third, has to be match of the Round. The Kangaroos are slowly getting players back into the fold, while the Bombers continue their march toward the finals. In the past, the word "Aura" has often been mentioned in the same breath as Riddell, with the Kangaroos, this takes more meaning. The Bombers are well and truly the Roos bogey side. In recent years, while the Roos have been a solid finals side, they are often made to look second rate and silly when up against the Bombers. In the first encounter between these twos, the second half proved to be the case. The Bombers demolished Sunbury. They were first to the ball, they were running and they made the Roos look flat footed and at times incapable. But the first half was the opposite, the Roos were well on top. They ran and linked up really well. It all just stopped after half time though. If the Roos can keep that up for four quarters this week, they will well and truly be a chance. But they need to keep the forward 50 open and give their forwards every chance to kick a winning score. There should be some ripping contests on the day though and this will be a fantastic game to watch, so I will be looking forward to OMNI's write up on Monday...
Riddell by 24 points.

• Grand Final - $3850
(All prices include GST)

Doesn't happen up home in the CMFL mate. All clubs are welcome to tender to host a final at their ground with no fee's to be paid by the successful clubs. Our Grand Final is always held at the Swan Hill Recreation Reserve however each club is able to tender to win the catering rights for the big day, again no fees. We were awarded he catering rights for the GF 2 years in a row and made quite good money

Great post IMS.

I think Kilmore will bounce back and Knock off Romsey Tho.

Also an undermanned Kangaroos will show thier true character and roll the bombers by a Meacham goal! (providing he can kick straight lol)

The rest of your tips i agree with

Saw this on another thread and thought it would be interesting what everyone thought from within each club....

B&F-
Runners up-
Most consistent-
Most courageous-
Best utility-
Most improved-
Coaches award-
Most undisciplined-
Future star-
Best clubman-
Best supporter-
Ok I'll give it a shot
Kangaroos
J Ploog
Darragh Mcgovern
Adam Walsh
R Hatty
J Cuffe
B Sutherland
S Clarke
J Ploog/ L Fishenden
Mitch Strieff
Canteen Ladies
Dare I say our best supporter is IMS??

Would love to see Mongrel's

Woodend V Wallan moved to Green st. oval in Macedon brrrr:cool:

Please note the seniors and the reserves games of football that were to be played at Woodend on Saturday, have been transferred to Clifford Reserve Greene Street Macedon.

Please note all 3 NETBALL games will still be played at the Woodend ground.

For directions to Greens Street Macedon, please click on the Google link.

Greene St <http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Greene+Street,+Macedon,+Victoria&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=33.002964,56.162109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greene+St,+Macedon+Victoria+3440&ll=-37.431796,144.568405&spn=0.057251,0.109692&z=13>
Macedon VIC 3440

Please note the seniors and the reserves games of football that were to be played at Woodend on Saturday, have been transferred to Clifford Reserve Greene Street Macedon.

Please note all 3 NETBALL games will still be played at the Woodend ground.

For directions to Greens Street Macedon, please click on the Google link.

Greene St <http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Greene+Street,+Macedon,+Victoria&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=33.002964,56.162109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Greene+St,+Macedon+Victoria+3440&ll=-37.431796,144.568405&spn=0.057251,0.109692&z=13>
Macedon VIC 3440

Gee this league lead by Ollie 'where's all the money gone?' Matthews, is so slow and backward. They moved the match away from Woodend last week - Good Decision.

Now they move this match away at the very last minunte when they knew full well the condition of the ground. Why wouldn't they come out on Monday or Tuesday and announce this and make it easier for everyone. Maybe a small note in the local papers in that area to advise people.

:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back