RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Voice of the RDFL.. well, we did have 2 premiership coaches in the commentary box for the firsts on Sunday with 4 flags between them.. mightn do a bad job if you get them together.. Hird and Sheedy like! I couldn't coach anyone on how to kick a footy! Whoever takes the gig next year at the Cattery will be in charge of a club in great hands.. Lancefield would be in the same boat with the blend of youth and experience coming through.. big year next year in the RDFL!

been a while doona, whats going on at blues land? hearing stories of unrest down there?

Cant say Ive heard that - would be very surprised if they didnt stick together and try and make amends for whatever it was that went wrong in that last month of the year. Even though they finished 7th, it would take bugger all improvement of that list to jump to top 2-3 next year.

Results for Wallan best and fairest night

1st. Shane Jacobs

2nd. Carl Groth

3rd. Jamie Hollingsworth

Most improved: Shaun Harrison

Leading Goalkicker: Gavin Langbourne

Coaches Award: Adam Suban

Selectors Award: Matt Bell

Cant say Ive heard that - would be very surprised if they didnt stick together and try and make amends for whatever it was that went wrong in that last month of the year. Even though they finished 7th, it would take bugger all improvement of that list to jump to top 2-3 next year.
glad to hear that then, you never know with the banter that goes on. with the Under 18's doing well, they hopefully can throw a few of them into the mix and keep the core group together then. If they look back on this year its still a successfull year from past ones.
Also hope the big fella stays around as well to pass on the experience to some of the younger kids coming through.:thumbsu:

Great to see Tom Waters from Lancefield signing with Gissy. 22 year old ruckman has already won 2 Bowen Medals. Young gun from the RDFL wanting to test himself at a higher level. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I red this on the bendigo league page, big loss for lancefield and the league has anyone else heard of any other early moves

Great to see Tom Waters from Lancefield signing with Gissy. 22 year old ruckman has already won 2 Bowen Medals. Young gun from the RDFL wanting to test himself at a higher level. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I red this on the bendigo league page, big loss for lancefield and the league has anyone else heard of any other early moves

Riddell have regained the services of James Petran and Peter Robertson from Sunbury..

Also heard that Al Meldrum might have put his hand up for the Cats job this week???

word has it that there are 14 senior players departing lancefield

on the coaching side of things, ive heard about 3 or 4 names for macedon but i hadnt heard the one mentioned before, the voice of rdfl? is chris yeend going to throw his hat in the coaching circle?
dont think so, maybe it is his big side kick they are perhaps referring to ?

whats the latest at Lancefeild? i read Fitzgerald is not coaching. Anybody think collins might want the gig now his more experienced than a few years back

word on the street is the head coach at the cattery found himself giving a premeirship player a cpl of liverpool kisses after a night of drunken antics, surely this couldnt be good ?

Bit quiet on here, any word on new coaches? player moves?
Congrats i hear to Jimmy Hardwick? any other info from our awards night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word on the street is that one of "voices" of the rdfl football broadcasting could be having a red hot go at coaching again.
Will be going very hard for the job at the cattery so im told

No disrespect but i think the cats are looking aiming a little higher than that. Outgoing coach sitting on selection panel to im led to believe. Mledrum probably favourite if he has applied but i have heard they may have up to 6 applications to look at. Certainly a plum job for sure.

Well done to Jimmy Hardwick on winning Hawks B&F, loyal, tough and versatile player. I believe the waters boys are hot favourites to be coaching the Hawks next year but nothing can be done until agm is completed.

Bit quiet on here, any word on new coaches? player moves?
Congrats i hear to Jimmy Hardwick? any other info from our awards night?
Results from Woodend/Hesket B&F:
Seniors: Jim Hardwick 1st
Matt Knox 2nd
Daniel Toman 3rd
Reserves: Glenn Mangan 1st
Tim Jones 2nd
Mark Hardwick 3rd
U18: Tom Walker 1st
Ryan Poposek 2nd
Matt Sawyer 3rd

Results from Riddell Football/Netball Club Presentation night -

Seniors Best & Fairest - Brayden Allen.
Runner up - Matt Sammut & Michael Allen.

Most Consistent - Haydyn Ross.
Most Improved - Darcy Grant.
Most Courageous - James Climas.
Best Team Man - Murray McDougall.
Goal Kicking - Michael Allen.
Best in Finals - Nick Ash.

Reserves Best & Fairest - Daniel Jurczyluk.
Runner up - Cory Jurczyluk.

Most Consistent - Bryden Ross.
Most Improved - Guy Cilauro.
Most Courageous - Sam Golden.
Best Team Man - Jason Linnell.
Goal Kicking - Michael Gadsden.
Best in Finals - Michael Sammut.

Under 18s Best & Fairest - Liam Rath.
Runner up - James Nolan.

Most Consistent - Daniel Campbell.
Most Improved - Michael Stretenovich.
Most Courageous - Josh Tobin.
Most Determined - Matt Vandenberg.
Best Team Man - Nick Morrison.
Coaches Award - Matt Doric.

A Grade Netball Best & Fairest - Christine Harris.
Runner up - Jo Poyser.

Most Consistent - Bec Fleming.
Most Improved - Kate Davis.

B Grade Netball Best & Fairest - Amanda Cusack.
Runner up - Tanya Croft.

Most Consistent - Monique Sheridan.
Coaches Award - Lucy O'Malley.

C Grade Best & Fairest - Jane Mathews.
Runner up - Kaitlyn Dullard.

Most Consistent - Kate Jackson.
Most Improved - Alysha Quilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back