RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunbury Kangaroos Pre-Season Training will commence Monday 15th of November at Eric Boardman Reserve Sunbury. 6.30 pm. The club welcomes all current/former and NEW players...... Any queries feel free to private message me. Dean Helmers

What days do other clubs start?
Any more signings for coaches, has very club got a coach?
Only thing ive heard from local footy rumours is Tom Waters and Sonegan to Gisborne

Kilmore have signed Shaun Gordon and Matt Broomfield from Airport West, and are not far from signing Brent Gordon B & F winner at Airport West, looks like jayco is bring a few of his old teams mates from craigieburn to Kilmore.

Kilmore have signed Shaun Gordon and Matt Broomfield from Airport West, and are not far from signing Brent Gordon B & F winner at Airport West, looks like jayco is bring a few of his old teams mates from craigieburn to Kilmore.

Shaun Gordon good reliable mid sized backman, Matt Broomfield solid key position back who can go forward.

What days do other clubs start?
Any more signings for coaches, has very club got a coach?
Only thing ive heard from local footy rumours is Tom Waters and Sonegan to Gisborne

Yeah wallan start monday 29th november with i think 8 sessions before the break

Ok fellas enough of the above bullshit.What u guys think of having a future stars round next season whereby the ressies start at 10seniors at 12 and under18s at 2 oclock??personally think it would b great for the kids to play in front of a bigger crowd n to b the showcase on this one day.League could look to TAC for sponsorship maybe?Any thoughts?
cant name names. but wallan 18s will be a team to watch!

Macedon FC is having a 'Meet the Coaches' BBQ on Sunday the 28th of November 2010, 4pm at Tony Clarke. We then start pre-season training the following day at 6pm on Monday the 29th of November 2010, also at Tony Clarke, and will run sessions on Monday and Wednseday nights until Wednesday the 22nd of December. We urge all current players, partners, parents and supporters to get along and any prospective players and supporters looking to see what our club is about, to get involved in an exciting period for the club.

Macedon FC is having a 'Meet the Coaches' BBQ on Sunday the 28th of November 2010, 4pm at Tony Clarke. We then start pre-season training the following day at 6pm on Monday the 29th of November 2010, also at Tony Clarke, and will run sessions on Monday and Wednseday nights until Wednesday the 22nd of December. We urge all current players, partners, parents and supporters to get along and any prospective players and supporters looking to see what our club is about, to get involved in an exciting period for the club.

Good luck champ with the challenge ahead for you. The Cats really seem to have a great young talented group for you to work with. :thumbsu:
Just gotta recruit a few key position players to fill in the gaps, ie. (Ruckman, a quallity Forward & a hard at it Mid-Fielder) then the sky is the limit on just how far the Macedon senior group can progress in season 2011.

2011 RDFL premiership odds
$3.50 - Riddell
$4.00 - Macedon
$5.50 - Sun. Kangaroos
$12 - Diggers Rest, Kilmore, Romsey, Wallan, Woodend-Hesket
$101 - Broadford, Lancefield, Rockbank, Melton Central

Good luck champ with the challenge ahead for you. The Cats really seem to have a great young talented group for you to work with. :thumbsu:
Just gotta recruit a few key position players to fill in the gaps, ie. (Ruckman, a quallity Forward & a hard at it Mid-Fielder) then the sky is the limit on just how far the Macedon senior group can progress in season 2011.

Its a bit of a myth that macedon dont have hard at it mids. From what I have seen goodwin, johno, dettman and wright dont take to many short steps and they are pretty much the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a bit of a myth that macedon dont have hard at it mids. From what I have seen goodwin, johno, dettman and wright dont take to many short steps and they are pretty much the midfield.

Didn't help them to much against Diggers in the past THREE years now did it ? Goodwins ok I guess, Nipper is an out & out GUN - But hard at it, in & under Mid-Fielder not likely ! They all pretty much went missing on that day in the first Final..... so ? Look champ I hate to be the bringer of bad tidings but these sentiments have been expressed to me personally on a number of occassions from some of the passionate faithful up there at the Cattery....... "We need a Hard at it type that scares players"....... Now I dont know to much about the "Scares" bit, but the Cats certainly could do with the type of player that will stand up & be counted when the heat is on, in the big moments during the season......... & especially, THE FINALS !

If by back in the game, you mean bookmaking, then no.

But happy to be back within range of the RDFL.

Ahhh good for you buddy, glad to have you back. :thumbsu:

Do you think you can stay outa trouble down here in the civillised world though ??? ;)

Oh & I think you got your odds out just a little pal........ I'd have it -

$3.50. - Riddell
$4.00. - Sunbury, Diggers.
$5.50. - Macedon, Kilmore.
$9.00. - Romsey, Lancefield.
$12.00. - Wallan, Woodend.
$50.00. - Melton, Rockbank.
$101.00. - Broadford

Ahhh good for you buddy, glad to have you back. :thumbsu:

Do you think you can stay outa trouble down here in the civillised world though ??? ;)

Oh & I think you got your odds out just a little pal........ I'd have it -

$3.50. - Riddell
$4.00. - Sunbury, Diggers.
$5.50. - Macedon, Kilmore.
$9.00. - Romsey, Lancefield.
$12.00. - Wallan, Woodend.
$50.00. - Melton, Rockbank.
$101.00. - Broadford

As much as I love the Tigers, they still haven't appointed a coach, have lost at least a third of this season's roster and haven't announced any signings yet. Won't finish last but big chance to be bottom three this year. Might as well have them on the same line of betting as Melton, Rockbank and Broadford as they are all no chance of winning the flag. No disrespect intended. I keep hearing some good names attached to the Kangas and Cats, so you would assume they will be improvers. As for Riddell, it's a no brainer, they are almost always thereabouts at the business end of the season. Few handy pickups make them the team to beat again in 2011.

As for staying out of trouble, I can't make any promises. You know I like to stir the pot :D

As much as I love the Tigers, they still haven't appointed a coach, have lost at least a third of this season's roster and haven't announced any signings yet. Won't finish last but big chance to be bottom three this year. Might as well have them on the same line of betting as Melton, Rockbank and Broadford as they are all no chance of winning the flag. No disrespect intended. I keep hearing some good names attached to the Kangas and Cats, so you would assume they will be improvers. As for Riddell, it's a no brainer, they are almost always thereabouts at the business end of the season. Few handy pickups make them the team to beat again in 2011.

As for staying out of trouble, I can't make any promises. You know I like to stir the pot :D

I dont think they have "picked" anyone up just yet pal. But have lost 3 pretty important players (so far !) from last years Premiership line up !

And yes pal, I was patently aware of your proclivity for a little "Pot Stiring"........... I just could'nt believe you'd taken it National ! :eek:

I dont think they have "picked" anyone up just yet pal. But have lost 3 pretty important players (so far !) from last years Premiership line up !

And yes pal, I was patently aware of your proclivity for a little "Pot Stiring"........... I just could'nt believe you'd taken it National ! :eek:

OH YES WE HAVE. tHERE IS AT LEAST 4 OR 5 OUT AND OUT GUNS FROM SUNBURY ALREADY COMMITTED TO US. DONT WORRY ABOUT US LOSING A COUPLE.THE PLAYERS REPLACING THEM ARE WAY BETTA

Balls still gotta be hitting the stumps mate!!!!:thumbsu:
Anyway, back to footy. Have you or anyone else heard any news out of Hawkland? Keeping their cards close to their chest this year it seems.

Generally if we haven't heard anything its because there's nothing to hear. No doubt the Hawks will be in talks with some players but they don't have a great track record for going on recruiting sprees. Not that that's a bad thing considering they made finals about seven times in the last decade, but you would assume they would have a decent kitty at Gilbert Gordon Oval to start think about splashing around some cash.

So you are close by Pickles. Hope you have learnt something from your past indiscretions/experiences and we can see some contributions that are factual and observed by your own eyes. That would be a welcomed change in itself.

How do you think Ben Sonogan will go at Gisborne ? Can he play CHF ?

Lancefield's Chris Collins is off to Sandhurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back