RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like bigfooty, facebook and football in general are all going hand in hand this week . . . . Loved last night's update by the way Mongrel ;)

Geez this whole Robbo/Jayco topic has blown outa proportion surely to christ.

Reckon for all parties not directly involved, time we just take a deep breath and allow Shane and Matt sort it out without all the one sided takes on the situation. Having been in Jayco's position I fully understand what he was trying to do - he's a new coach trying to establish his list and work to the budget that was handed down and when they hadn't met for a chat, others had met and in turn had committed. One of the hardest things for any coach to do this time of year it contact someone to say "thanks but no thanks" no matter the situation.

After speaking with Robbo last night, I reckon he now understands that as I tried to explain the coaches position and said that I felt Jayco's intention's were all for the best of his footy club. Maybe if Matt and Jayco had've just chatted in person a couple of weeks ago all this would never have surfaced - Robbo may still have looked for a kick elsewhere, but relationships would have been amicable and all the interest in this would be minimal.

Ive earlier said that I met Shane a few moths ago for the first time and was drawn to the bloke's enthusiasm an interest in football. I too are very interested in the analytical side of football had have since chatted on several occasions with Jayco as I found that when I first got into the caper the more it the more guys I got to know the more helpful it become. He is determined to do a good job at Kilmore & with the right support network onfield and off he will be right.

Players all around Victoria get invites to train at new clubs prior to Xmas, and often it's a case of "I'll never know if I don’t go have a look" - if Robbo, J-Col, Dale Keenan want to have a look elsewhere prior to making a decision then that's their right. But then if during that time if the door closes elswhere due to budget's/new recruits committing (in this case Kilmore) then that's a gamble we take, just as long as communication streams are open and honest.

Christ every summer at Broadford blokes have a look around, some stay, some move on but Ive always been one to say don’t severe ties to the point where a relationship can't be re-kindled down the track.

I have known Robbo for a fair while now, chat a fair bit, but never once have I thrown an opinion his way unless he has asked, today I just said to him . . . ."wish the club well and leave the door open mate."

I like Matt and his laid back way, he cruises along and never really get's fair dinkum til later in the pre-season, that’s entirely his pergogitive. Sometimes (and obvioulsy in this case) that doesn't always fit in with the plans of coaching departmentss, no-one's fault - but Jayco has put his stamp on things and he is entitiled to stick to it - Im sure he'll be respected for doing so when all this blows over.

I was faced with the identical thing a few years back, and as disappointing as it becomes, when you're entrusted by a committee to work in the best interest's of that organisation then some times hard call's have to be made. We've all given the address "If you don’t wanna be here, there's the gate. I only want to have guys committed to us here."

At the end of the day you have to be happy. Shane will do a great job with Kilmore and as I told Robbo his mates will still be his mates no matter where he plays, he should just play wherever he thinks he'll best enjoy his football in 2011 - he obvioulsy wasn't ready to commit at Kilmore as he had a few options now he has to choose which one suits. If that’s back with friends where he played the bulk of his junior football then so be it, if it's back at Tocumwal with the knowledge he is welcome to have a beer back at Kilmore and Wallan FC's then that’s good too - or perhaps we can get him in the coaches car that will travel from Kilmore to Yea ha ha!!!.

These things happen, sadly in some cases relationships are broken forever - hopefully that don't happen in this case. As disappointing as the situation is, Im sure some good can come out of the experience for both Jayco and Robbo and they'll continue to build on their already impressive football resumes.

Take Lancefield for example, they're not carrying why blokes leave left right and centre or train elsewhere for a few more bucks. They'll just dust themselves on and get on with it with whoever wants to be there.

Sorry to waffle on lads, I'd loved to use the old "you know it makes sense" but after reading back thru it Im not sure
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Well said Doona!!!
extremely well laid out for all and sundry.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Given up the boxing game my friend?

:D:D:D:D:D

I read on here old mate that you have a smile from ear to ear. Head coach of the competitions best list. Add to that the comps number 1 recruit and several stars accompanying him. Hundreds of men,women and children cheering from the stands at every training session. It must suck to be you at the minute:eek:
I hope we dont get u guys round1:eek::eek::eek:
Us poor folk down at Sunbury are barely surviving whilst the mighty redbacks are flourishing. I hear on the grapevine premiership favourtism is now being shared between the reigning premiers and Peddersons all conquering redbacks:D

Looks like bigfooty, facebook and football in general are all going hand in hand this week . . . . Loved last night's update by the way Mongrel ;)

Geez this whole Robbo/Jayco topic has blown outa proportion surely to christ.

Reckon for all parties not directly involved, time we just take a deep breath and allow Shane and Matt sort it out without all the one sided takes on the situation. Having been in Jayco's position I fully understand what he was trying to do - he's a new coach trying to establish his list and work to the budget that was handed down and when they hadn't met for a chat, others had met and in turn had committed. One of the hardest things for any coach to do this time of year it contact someone to say "thanks but no thanks" no matter the situation.

After speaking with Robbo last night, I reckon he now understands that as I tried to explain the coaches position and said that I felt Jayco's intention's were all for the best of his footy club. Maybe if Matt and Jayco had've just chatted in person a couple of weeks ago all this would never have surfaced - Robbo may still have looked for a kick elsewhere, but relationships would have been amicable and all the interest in this would be minimal.

Ive earlier said that I met Shane a few moths ago for the first time and was drawn to the bloke's enthusiasm an interest in football. I too are very interested in the analytical side of football had have since chatted on several occasions with Jayco as I found that when I first got into the caper the more it the more guys I got to know the more helpful it become. He is determined to do a good job at Kilmore & with the right support network onfield and off he will be right.

Players all around Victoria get invites to train at new clubs prior to Xmas, and often it's a case of "I'll never know if I don’t go have a look" - if Robbo, J-Col, Dale Keenan want to have a look elsewhere prior to making a decision then that's their right. But then if during that time if the door closes elswhere due to budget's/new recruits committing (in this case Kilmore) then that's a gamble we take, just as long as communication streams are open and honest.

Christ every summer at Broadford blokes have a look around, some stay, some move on but Ive always been one to say don’t severe ties to the point where a relationship can't be re-kindled down the track.

I have known Robbo for a fair while now, chat a fair bit, but never once have I thrown an opinion his way unless he has asked, today I just said to him . . . ."wish the club well and leave the door open mate."

I like Matt and his laid back way, he cruises along and never really get's fair dinkum til later in the pre-season, that’s entirely his pergogitive. Sometimes (and obvioulsy in this case) that doesn't always fit in with the plans of coaching departmentss, no-one's fault - but Jayco has put his stamp on things and he is entitiled to stick to it - Im sure he'll be respected for doing so when all this blows over.

I was faced with the identical thing a few years back, and as disappointing as it becomes, when you're entrusted by a committee to work in the best interest's of that organisation then some times hard call's have to be made. We've all given the address "If you don’t wanna be here, there's the gate. I only want to have guys committed to us here."

At the end of the day you have to be happy. Shane will do a great job with Kilmore and as I told Robbo his mates will still be his mates no matter where he plays, he should just play wherever he thinks he'll best enjoy his football in 2011 - he obvioulsy wasn't ready to commit at Kilmore as he had a few options now he has to choose which one suits. If that’s back with friends where he played the bulk of his junior football then so be it, if it's back at Tocumwal with the knowledge he is welcome to have a beer back at Kilmore and Wallan FC's then that’s good too - or perhaps we can get him in the coaches car that will travel from Kilmore to Yea ha ha!!!.

These things happen, sadly in some cases relationships are broken forever - hopefully that don't happen in this case. As disappointing as the situation is, Im sure some good can come out of the experience for both Jayco and Robbo and they'll continue to build on their already impressive football resumes.

Take Lancefield for example, they're not carrying on why blokes leave left right and centre or train elsewhere for a few more bucks. They'll just dust themselves off and get on with it with whoever wants to be there.

Sorry to waffle on lads, I'd loved to use the old "you know it makes sense" but after reading back thru it Im not sure

Great post Doon'. :thumbsu:
Yes it is very interesting & intriguing how Clubs handle players that are leaving/thinking of leaving, or indeed just looking around. And it doesn't even seem to matter if you have won a Bowen Medal either ! :eek:

Why just the other day I was having a hit of golf with a very very talented young bloke that has decided after a couple of years to change clubs. Suddenly & with out warning he recieved a text message from the President, no less, of the club he was moving on from.
The terribly misguided autocrat must have felt so disappointed by the young fellas decision........ & miffed, "That he had to hear it second hand" that he felt compelled to take it upon himself & give the gifted young player a piece of "HIS" mind ! ............ Just Staggering ! :confused:
Good Luck pal getting him back to the Club in future !

When will SOME clubs not learn, that players "Choose" to move on for all sorts of reasons. Vilifying those that do, does NOTHING to enhance the Clubs attractiveness to either recruit or retain players to their Club down the line.

Great post Doon'. :thumbsu:
Yes it is very interesting & intriguing how Clubs handle players that are leaving/thinking of leaving, or indeed just looking around. And it doesn't even seem to matter if you have won a Bowen Medal either ! :eek:

Why just the other day I was having a hit of golf with a very very talented young bloke that has decided after a couple of years to change clubs. Suddenly & with out warning he recieved a text message from the President, no less, of the club he was moving on from.
The terribly misguided autocrat must have felt so disappointed by the young fellas decision........ & miffed, "That he had to hear it second hand" that he felt compelled to take it upon himself & give the gifted young player a piece of "HIS" mind ! ............ Just Staggering ! :confused:
Good Luck pal getting him back to the Club in future !

When will SOME clubs not learn, that players "Choose" to move on for all sorts of reasons. Vilifying those that do, does NOTHING to enhance the Clubs attractiveness to either recruit or retain players to their Club down the line.

who did riddell poach now omni?????:D

Arrr very good champ. :thumbsu:
You know it has all pretty much been one way traffic down at Bomberland so far pal. :eek:
We've lost more than we've gained !
Anyway mate how IS Meach' going down there with you blokes ?

yes yes yes. we love meach down at kangaland. And we really look after our players so id imagine he wouldnt need to walk out on a club again.lol

I did hear the news of you guys losing two senior players too. but i wouldnt see it as one way traffic pal, there has been a lot more come than go. You either do a great job of playing it down or I really do know more about whats taking place at your club than you do:D

ps. if u have any other stars like meach that you cant look after just gimme a buzz. we will welcome them at sunbury. i could even organise u a spotters fee:thumbsu:

yes yes yes. we love meach down at kangaland. And we really look after our players so id imagine he wouldnt need to walk out on a club again.lol

I did hear the news of you guys losing two senior players too. but i wouldnt see it as one way traffic pal, there has been a lot more come than go. You either do a great job of playing it down or I really do know more about whats taking place at your club than you do:D

ps. if u have any other stars like meach that you cant look after just gimme a buzz. we will welcome them at sunbury. i could even organise u a spotters fee:thumbsu:

Ha Ha Ha.......I dont think we up here look on our decorated players as "Walking Out" mate ! :confused: As I said previously, players move on for all sorts of reasons....... & I for one would like to think that they would always feel happy coming back to the club, if the felling took them.

& I dont know about your figure of 2 players leaving us pal...... So far I have the figure at 5 ! .............2010 Premiership Players, & pretty important ones too ! :eek:

Ha Ha Ha.......I dont think we up here look on our decorated players as "Walking Out" mate ! :confused: As I said previously, players move on for all sorts of reasons....... & I for one would like to think that they would always feel happy coming back to the club, if the felling took them.

& I dont know about your figure of 2 players leaving us pal...... So far I have the figure at 5 ! .............2010 Premiership Players, & pretty important ones too ! :eek:

they arent all leaving becoz mongrels on the comeback trail are they omni?:heart::heart::heart:

:D:D:D:D:D

I read on here old mate that you have a smile from ear to ear. Head coach of the competitions best list. Add to that the comps number 1 recruit and several stars accompanying him. Hundreds of men,women and children cheering from the stands at every training session. It must suck to be you at the minute:eek:
I hope we dont get u guys round1:eek::eek::eek:
Us poor folk down at Sunbury are barely surviving whilst the mighty redbacks are flourishing. I hear on the grapevine premiership favourtism is now being shared between the reigning premiers and Peddersons all conquering redbacks:D
The silly season is upon us, we have signed 3 players and lost Garrrrrryyyyyyyy! Your the only one who has mentioned the P word.

just wandering how kilmore will go this year with all there recruits and also if the recruits are any good/???

Was at training Wednesday night, Kilmore have picked up

Shaun Gordon - Craigieburn, Airport west
Matt Broomfield - Craigieburn, Airport west
Brent Gordon - South port, craigieburn, Airport west B & F winner this year, from what here is a gun.
Shane Jacobs - Northern Bullants, Epping, Craigieburn, Wallan made team of the year this year for RDFL, also our coach
Josh Robbinson - Craigieburn, Lancefield
Rob Peckham - Epping, playing assitant coach
Shaun Abela - Thomastown
Codie Wintle - Craigieburn under 18s
And there could be more from what i hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

honestly how does pedo keep getting a coaches job who is he going 2 recruit this year curly and barry noble when

Pedo has recruited, Curly now a senior coach, Jayco now a senior coach, Gilly now a senior coach, Gave Lang was A grand senior coach, and has never recruited Barry noble

Was at training Wednesday night, Kilmore have picked up

Shaun Gordon - Craigieburn, Airport west
Matt Broomfield - Craigieburn, Airport west
Brent Gordon - South port, craigieburn, Airport west B & F winner this year, from what here is a gun.
Shane Jacobs - Northern Bullants, Epping, Craigieburn, Wallan made team of the year this year for RDFL, also our coach
Josh Robbinson - Craigieburn, Lancefield
Rob Peckham - Epping, playing assitant coach
Shaun Abela - Thomastown
Codie Wintle - Craigieburn under 18s
And there could be more from what i hear.
how is kilmore going to pay all these guys if they r still paying out money to this years side, r these new players gauranteed there money. robbo is still a massive loss prob the best match winner in the comp and has 4 bnfs to his name and not far off winnin the bowen 4 or 5 times

I wouldn't be so confident with that statement!

I can post all of the figures for that period which would discredit any talk of this from the old blokes who are sprouting it. However, since you seem to know about this, I assume you saw the statement/report that was presented at my final meeting?

If you haven't seen it, it is because the new committee ensured it was not released, asking everyone who received a copy to not take them away from meeting (I can post here if you like!).

If that's not enough for you, I can also post the bank statements here, which would show that the for the majority of 2010 the cash flow was sufficient that the players should not have had to wait.

There are a lot of good people at the KilmoreFNC, however I've witnessed, once you are not part of it, the mud flies thick and fast.

So your call. Either provide some evidence, retract your statement, or I will post everything (Budgets, Contracts, Bank Statements, Invoice Registers etc). I am sick of hearing rubbish about the previous committee!:thumbsu:
Well why did you throw in the towel half way through the season???

how is kilmore going to pay all these guys if they r still paying out money to this years side, r these new players gauranteed there money. robbo is still a massive loss prob the best match winner in the comp and has 4 bnfs to his name and not far off winnin the bowen 4 or 5 times
Agreed Robbo is a big loss, but if the mail is right and Kilmore get B Gordon, that will more than compensate for the loss of Robbo. This bloke can seriously play and has won senior B&F's at Craigieburn (EDFL A Grade) and Airport West (EDFL B Grade). Pretty sure he has also made EDFL Teams of the year in both A & B grade.

they arent all leaving becoz mongrels on the comeback trail are they omni?:heart::heart::heart:

No mate. :) As intimidating a prospect as that surely is,..... & good luck with that too pal. (Your gunna need it - doin both roles) The players that have decided to move on probably feel they have scaled the mountain with the Bombers and just feel they would like a challenge somewhere else. I wish em all the best.:thumbsu: Especially a bloke like Jason Allen...... He has been a wonderful servant of the Riddell Football Club, & a great captain & leader..... on & off the field. 4 Premieship medals aint a bad return either ! He will be sorely missed. :footy:

But, when players leave it provides an opportunity for others to step up & fill the breech. This I am confident will happen (as it has in the past) down at Bomberland. There is some fine young talent ready to step up, add to that the depth of the quality in the two's, & I dont think Riddell will lose to much in 2011. :thumbsu: Anyway time will tell I guess. :eek:

Agreed Robbo is a big loss, but if the mail is right and Kilmore get B Gordon, that will more than compensate for the loss of Robbo. This bloke can seriously play and has won senior B&F's at Craigieburn (EDFL A Grade) and Airport West (EDFL B Grade). Pretty sure he has also made EDFL Teams of the year in both A & B grade.

B Gordon signed Wednesday, couldn't get the smile off jayco face after, his brother shaun has trained every night and looks really good....

Can anyone tell me where robbo has gone to ??? thanks

Not to disrespect Robbo but signing the Gordons easily outweighs his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back