RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bloke's a gun:thumbsu:
JOEBLOW THE TIGER MAN:cool: IS IT TRUE THAT ONLY 8 PLAYERS TURNED UP FOR THE FIRST TRAINING RUN AT LANNY:thumbsdown: AND ONLY 6 THE FOLLOWING NIGHT :thumbsdown:ALSO FEW BIG WHISPERS GOING AROUND TOWN THAT WHEN FITZY PULL THE PIN HE SAID HE HAD ENOUGH OF COACHING AND TOLD THE CLUB HE WANTED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH HIS FAMILY:thumbsu: HE HAS NOW SIGNED ON WITH GISBOURNE:rolleyes: A FEW PEOPLE, CLUB LEGENDS AND SUPPORTERS ARE NOT TO HAPPY WITH WHAT HE TOLD AND TO DONE THE OPPOSITE, WHAT DO YOU THINK MATE?????? IF ITS TRUE:eek:

JOEBLOW THE TIGER MAN:cool: IS IT TRUE THAT ONLY 8 PLAYERS TURNED UP FOR THE FIRST TRAINING RUN AT LANNY:thumbsdown: AND ONLY 6 THE FOLLOWING NIGHT :thumbsdown:ALSO FEW BIG WHISPERS GOING AROUND TOWN THAT WHEN FITZY PULL THE PIN HE SAID HE HAD ENOUGH OF COACHING AND TOLD THE CLUB HE WANTED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH HIS FAMILY:thumbsu: HE HAS NOW SIGNED ON WITH GISBOURNE:rolleyes: A FEW PEOPLE, CLUB LEGENDS AND SUPPORTERS ARE NOT TO HAPPY WITH WHAT HE TOLD AND TO DONE THE OPPOSITE, WHAT DO YOU THINK MATE?????? IF ITS TRUE:eek:

I've heard numbers were down but can't say exactly how many as I wasn't there. Whilst it is disappointing to start that way I'm sure things will pick up. As for Fitzy, as far as I'm aware he was up front with the committee for his entire tenure, was never going to be there long term. He did take us to a flag (no doubt you'd remember that Darryl:D) and what he has decided to do next is entirely up to him, and we wish him all the best in his endeavours. People come and go at footy clubs and Fitzy is no different.

Tell us more about Romsey Darryl, they're the big talking point. 6 of the biggest names in country footy we've been told, how are they settling in? Looking for another big year at the redbacks by the sounds of it.

Good on Fitzy, least now he probably wont cop as much grief locally as he did during his time at Tigerland.

I've heard numbers were down but can't say exactly how many as I wasn't there. Whilst it is disappointing to start that way I'm sure things will pick up. As for Fitzy, as far as I'm aware he was up front with the committee for his entire tenure, was never going to be there long term. He did take us to a flag (no doubt you'd remember that Darryl:D) and what he has decided to do next is entirely up to him, and we wish him all the best in his endeavours. People come and go at footy clubs and Fitzy is no different.

Tell us more about Romsey Darryl, they're the big talking point. 6 of the biggest names in country footy we've been told, how are they settling in? Looking for another big year at the redbacks by the sounds of it.
YES AS DOONA SAYS GOOD ON FITSWA,GREAT MAN HE IS:thumbsu: JUST RELAYING WHAT ALL THE POTATO PICKERS ARE SAYING??? AS FOR REMEMBERING THAT TERRIBLE DAY I DO RECALL :eek: AS I DO 2003:D WELL DONE LITTLE BUDDY, AS FOR ROMSEY WOULDN"T HAVE A CLUE I SUPPORT WOODEND GO HAWKS???????

Just having a browse over the old RDFL website this morning and was thinking it's a bit of of date, any one else think that a renovation could be made on the old duck?

What I have heard from a good source Kilmore have cut ties with Robbo after finding out he trained at rival club Wallan Monday night… that’s a big call.

What I have heard from a good source Kilmore have cut ties with Robbo after finding out he trained at rival club Wallan Monday night… that’s a big call.

Are Kilmore back on the track yet? If not he may have just been having a run with some mates.
If they are, well a player with his quality shouldn't deserve a knee jerk reaction and cut ties.
As a club, if a player is testing the water at an opposition club, then i would want to know why, money, success, mates, culture etc.

It's mutual parting I think you may find if anything, with Robbo still being owed some match payments, however that was rectified immediately upon Shane's arrival so that he could be apart of the plans for 2011.

If he was givin any marching order's it would be based around the rumours and dealings that apprently Robbo has been going to training distracting others and just kicking the footy with a little group of followers, whilst the main group slugs it out and does the hard yards.

Sour grapes perhaps?

Excellent player and would be handy aquisistion to an engine room of any club for that matter, but perhaps Jayco and Kilmore have finally made the call that the club is bigger and needs committed players rather than passengers and big heads.

Could be a good move for both parties :thumbsu:

It's mutual parting I think you may find if anything, with Robbo still being owed some match payments, however that was rectified immediately upon Shane's arrival so that he could be apart of the plans for 2011.

If he was givin any marching order's it would be based around the rumours and dealings that apprently Robbo has been going to training distracting others and just kicking the footy with a little group of followers, whilst the main group slugs it out and does the hard yards.

Sour grapes perhaps?

Excellent player and would be handy aquisistion to an engine room of any club for that matter, but perhaps Jayco and Kilmore have finally made the call that the club is bigger and needs committed players rather than passengers and big heads.

I’m no Kilmore person though I do work with someone that plays there, your spot on everything you just said with Robbo not training just stuffing around on the side, when the others are doing 3 k time trials. But he can go to Wallan first night and do the whole training session, From what I have been told Jayco has had it and only wants players that are committed, plus there are a few new recruits maybe they have Robbo covered. Also he has been paid.

:thumbsu::footy:ROMSEY SENIOR FOOTBALL/ NETBALL CLUB PRE SEASON TRAINING TO START WEDNESDAY 24TH NOVEMBER AT 6.30.PM BBQ AND BEERS AFTERWARDS,AT ROMSEY FOOTBALL GROUND, ALL CURRENT NEW, OLD, PLAYERS AND RECRUITS MUSTED COME ALONG.......ALSO XMAS BREAK UP /MEET THE COACHES DAY :thumbsu:SUNDAY THE 12TH DECEMBER STARTING 12 NOON TRAINING TO RESUME MONDAY THE 31ST JANUARY 2011:p:p:p:thumbsu:RECRUITING GOING GREAT GUNS WITH QUALITY SIGNINGS:thumbsu:ALSO THE BOARD OF MANAGEMENT AT THE ROMSEY FOOTBALL/NETBALL CLUB ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE COACHES FOR THE 2011 SEASON ARE SENIORS:footy: PEDO :footy: RESEVES GLENN MERRALL(ROO) 18 CHRIS WILSON (HOLLYWOOD) NETBALL AS FOLLOWED A GRADE......:thumbsu: PREMERSHIP_ COACH.. MARY_ANN BLAIR, :thumbsu:B GRADE.... LINDY SKINNER AND:thumbsu: C GRADE .... KELLY SZCZYGIELSKI HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE :footy: DARYL OUT

LOL, for someone who follows Woodend you certainly know alot about Romsey mate:rolleyes:

Any news on Sunbury ?

New Signings, outs, training numbers, standouts at training ?

Inclusions to coaching staff ?

Who's in the leadership group ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on Sunbury ?

New Signings, outs, training numbers, standouts at training ?

Inclusions to coaching staff ?

Who's in the leadership group ?

bigyin we have one week left of pre christmas training. The numbers have been ok, nothing fantastic. We definately have less numbers than this time last year but i think its mainly the players that couldnt make the grade or werent prepared to follow the new rules and expectations of an improving club that arent around any longer.
We have re signed all the required players which is a stable feeling 4 the club.
As for recruits, We have picked up 3 local boys and have two coming back from injury, so we will be there abouts again hopefully. Also its always good to see some of the young fellas coming thru. they should keep us old blokes on our toes come selection time:thumbsu:

bigyin we have one week left of pre christmas training. The numbers have been ok, nothing fantastic. We definately have less numbers than this time last year but i think its mainly the players that couldnt make the grade or werent prepared to follow the new rules and expectations of an improving club that arent around any longer.
We have re signed all the required players which is a stable feeling 4 the club.
As for recruits, We have picked up 3 local boys and have two coming back from injury, so we will be there abouts again hopefully. Also its always good to see some of the young fellas coming thru. they should keep us old blokes on our toes come selection time:thumbsu:

So we can take from that statement that you will be available for selection Mongrel?:thumbsu:

Sour grapes perhaps?

it sounds as though this jacobs fella has his head screwed on and has a broader picture for the club than that of recent coaching efforts. apparently the decision was made as soon as he found out that three guys trained at wallan. they will no longer be welcome at the club.
if these rumours are true that robertson just stuffed around at training and distracted others then he would be of little value id imagine.

which begs another question, how will kilmore pay for all these new players?????? lots of speculation that robertson had to wait a very long while for his match payments................

it sounds as though this jacobs fella has his head screwed on and has a broader picture for the club than that of recent coaching efforts. apparently the decision was made as soon as he found out that three guys trained at wallan. they will no longer be welcome at the club.
if these rumours are true that robertson just stuffed around at training and distracted others then he would be of little value id imagine.

which begs another question, how will kilmore pay for all these new players?????? lots of speculation that robertson had to wait a very long while for his match payments................

The Kilmore FC was poorly run for the first half of last season and there was a big mess to clean up, the new commitee has really turned the place around and we have landed alot of new sponsors. Jayco and his advisor have been working really hard to get these new recruits to the club and would not have done so if we couldn't afford it. Also credit to Jayco as he is playing and coaching for less than $200 per game which shows you that he is commited to his player's and the club and not just after the coin. WELL DONE MATE:thumbsu:

The Kilmore FC was poorly run for the first half of last season and there was a big mess to clean up, the new commitee has really turned the place around and we have landed alot of new sponsors. Jayco and his advisor have been working really hard to get these new recruits to the club and would not have done so if we couldn't afford it. Also credit to Jayco as he is playing and coaching for less than $200 per game which shows you that he is commited to his player's and the club and not just after the coin. WELL DONE MATE:thumbsu:
Although I don't know him personally (a mate if a mate) I have heard that Jayco has told Kilmore he is happy to play for a lower salary if that money is retained within the football department to help recruit players to the club and make it stronger. Says alot about the character of the bloke and with him setting that type of standard at the top, (club first) the club can only go forward in 2011. :thumbsu:

From the Romsey Footy Club Website!!!

AUSTIN QUITS BULLANTS TO BECOME A REDBACK

The Romsey Football Netball Club have secured the services of talented onballer Shaune Austin for 2011.

Austin was a member of the Northern Bullants side that went down to the North Ballarat Roosters in the 2010 VFL Grand Final.

Having spent the last couple of seasons at the Bullants, Shaune is looking forward to the challenge of joining the Redbacks and has been very impressive on the training track to date. Austin has impressed coach Mark Pederson and the Committee with his work ethic on the track and the way that he has gone about bonding with his new team mates.

President Luke Baker is pleased to have secured the services of Austin stating, "The way Shaune has bonded with the players at this early stage has been very encouraging. He is a very likeable guy and having played the level of footy he has, is more than happy to pass on some tips to the younger guys when asked".

Having secured the services of Austin and the Davidson brothers and a core group of talented youngsters like Cam Dawson, Dean Smith-Whiting, Ash McNaughton, Steve Burlak and Nic Wilson; sticking with the Club things are looking positive for 2011.

Operations Manager Mark Dipietro states "Even though we have some talented footballers to put out on the park, we still need to bust our guts on the track to make sure that everything is primed for Round 1. Things won't happen if we aren't prepared to work. We still have a few aces up our sleeve by way of player signings and hopefully these will be finalised before Christmas."

200 bucks more than i get a game:D:D:D

The Kilmore FC was poorly run for the first half of last season and there was a big mess to clean up, the new commitee has really turned the place around and we have landed alot of new sponsors.:

I wouldn't be so confident with that statement!

I can post all of the figures for that period which would discredit any talk of this from the old blokes who are sprouting it. However, since you seem to know about this, I assume you saw the statement/report that was presented at my final meeting?

If you haven't seen it, it is because the new committee ensured it was not released, asking everyone who received a copy to not take them away from meeting (I can post here if you like!).

If that's not enough for you, I can also post the bank statements here, which would show that the for the majority of 2010 the cash flow was sufficient that the players should not have had to wait.

There are a lot of good people at the KilmoreFNC, however I've witnessed, once you are not part of it, the mud flies thick and fast.

So your call. Either provide some evidence, retract your statement, or I will post everything (Budgets, Contracts, Bank Statements, Invoice Registers etc). I am sick of hearing rubbish about the previous committee!:thumbsu:

That is very true, but it's only a matter of time before you get nominated for Australian of the year:heart::heart::heart:

Can u substantiate a rumour flying around molly that Trentham.f.c have secured themselves a gun playing coach and country victorias best fullfoward for season 2012?????? rumour seems to be gathering sum momentum:D

Looks like bigfooty, facebook and football in general are all going hand in hand this week . . . . Loved last night's update by the way Mongrel ;)

Geez this whole Robbo/Jayco topic has blown outa proportion surely to christ.

Reckon for all parties not directly involved, time we just take a deep breath and allow Shane and Matt sort it out without all the one sided takes on the situation. Having been in Jayco's position I fully understand what he was trying to do - he's a new coach trying to establish his list and work to the budget that was handed down and when they hadn't met for a chat, others had met and in turn had committed. One of the hardest things for any coach to do this time of year it contact someone to say "thanks but no thanks" no matter the situation.

After speaking with Robbo last night, I reckon he now understands that as I tried to explain the coaches position and said that I felt Jayco's intention's were all for the best of his footy club. Maybe if Matt and Jayco had've just chatted in person a couple of weeks ago all this would never have surfaced - Robbo may still have looked for a kick elsewhere, but relationships would have been amicable and all the interest in this would be minimal.

Ive earlier said that I met Shane a few moths ago for the first time and was drawn to the bloke's enthusiasm an interest in football. I too are very interested in the analytical side of football had have since chatted on several occasions with Jayco as I found that when I first got into the caper the more it the more guys I got to know the more helpful it become. He is determined to do a good job at Kilmore & with the right support network onfield and off he will be right.

Players all around Victoria get invites to train at new clubs prior to Xmas, and often it's a case of "I'll never know if I don’t go have a look" - if Robbo, J-Col, Dale Keenan want to have a look elsewhere prior to making a decision then that's their right. But then if during that time if the door closes elswhere due to budget's/new recruits committing (in this case Kilmore) then that's a gamble we take, just as long as communication streams are open and honest.

Christ every summer at Broadford blokes have a look around, some stay, some move on but Ive always been one to say don’t severe ties to the point where a relationship can't be re-kindled down the track.

I have known Robbo for a fair while now, chat a fair bit, but never once have I thrown an opinion his way unless he has asked, today I just said to him . . . ."wish the club well and leave the door open mate."

I like Matt and his laid back way, he cruises along and never really get's fair dinkum til later in the pre-season, that’s entirely his pergogitive. Sometimes (and obvioulsy in this case) that doesn't always fit in with the plans of coaching departmentss, no-one's fault - but Jayco has put his stamp on things and he is entitiled to stick to it - Im sure he'll be respected for doing so when all this blows over.

I was faced with the identical thing a few years back, and as disappointing as it becomes, when you're entrusted by a committee to work in the best interest's of that organisation then some times hard call's have to be made. We've all given the address "If you don’t wanna be here, there's the gate. I only want to have guys committed to us here."

At the end of the day you have to be happy. Shane will do a great job with Kilmore and as I told Robbo his mates will still be his mates no matter where he plays, he should just play wherever he thinks he'll best enjoy his football in 2011 - he obvioulsy wasn't ready to commit at Kilmore as he had a few options now he has to choose which one suits. If that’s back with friends where he played the bulk of his junior football then so be it, if it's back at Tocumwal with the knowledge he is welcome to have a beer back at Kilmore and Wallan FC's then that’s good too - or perhaps we can get him in the coaches car that will travel from Kilmore to Yea ha ha!!!.

These things happen, sadly in some cases relationships are broken forever - hopefully that don't happen in this case. As disappointing as the situation is, Im sure some good can come out of the experience for both Jayco and Robbo and they'll continue to build on their already impressive football resumes.

Take Lancefield for example, they're not carrying on why blokes leave left right and centre or train elsewhere for a few more bucks. They'll just dust themselves off and get on with it with whoever wants to be there.

Sorry to waffle on lads, I'd loved to use the old "you know it makes sense" but after reading back thru it Im not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back