RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit of an oops up at Woodend tonight with the lights going off half way through the fourth "quarter" of a six "quarter" game.. Happened to be the first "quarter" of the seniors too, so sat through three quarters in the freezing cold only to miss what we went to watch!!! :eek:

But, in that opening ten minutes Jimmy Hepburn looks to be in good touch...

Itsmyshow, the RDFL umpires have a meeting for all saturday umpires this wednesday to discuss the new rule changes and everything else we need to know before the season starts. As you have said, from the time Gilesy was coach through Collo to now Michael, the Keep It Simple Stupid has been in place. We know we aren't the AFL and i'm sure the explanation we will receive on how to implement this rule (rushed behind) will be no different to the other AFL rules that we don't fully implement ie hands in the back. I would doubt that any would be paid now that players know that the rule will be in place. I'm sure it will only be called if a totally free player runs through for no apparent reason.

Wallan had a fairly good hit out today at home against reigning hdfl premiers Heathcote in very warm conditions. They showed abit today with a pretty young side that has abit of pace but not a great deal of height. went down by 4 goals with the scores about 16.6 to 19.12. No doubt Heathcote had a few out but it was a good effort by Wallan who lead for the first half.
How did other sides go today?

Wallan had a fairly good hit out today at home against reigning hdfl premiers Heathcote in very warm conditions. They showed abit today with a pretty young side that has abit of pace but not a great deal of height. went down by 4 goals with the scores about 16.6 to 19.12. No doubt Heathcote had a few out but it was a good effort by Wallan who lead for the first half.
kilmore by 4 points over mernda in a scrapy game mancini for kilmore very good merndas coach not so good

Broadford chalked up their first win since 2009 in a lopsided affair against Longwood :thumbsu:.

kilmore by 4 points over mernda in a scrapy game mancini for kilmore very good merndas coach not so good

Thought the guy wearing 62 looked almost a class above at times, young Keenan did some nice things too. I saw a Mernda guy look like he was going crook at the scoreboard or timekeeper at half time. I went back to the cricket, what happened after that

Broadford chalked up their first win since 2009 in a lopsided affair against Longwood :thumbsu:.

Thought the guy wearing 62 looked almost a class above at times, young Keenan did some nice things too. I saw a Mernda guy look like he was going crook at the scoreboard or timekeeper at half time. I went back to the cricket, what happened after that
mernda coach accused timekeepers of cheating saying they sounded the siren two minutes early at half time:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

mernda coach accused timekeepers of cheating saying they sounded the siren two minutes early at half time:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Surely a timekeeper would never stuff up the time to ring the siren. Hard to stuff up when the clock beeps when time up!:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe next time mernda play someone they might do the right thing and have one of their people in the timebox

Cant see how it matters when we all only playing practice matches. Would be different if it was for points.

Cant see how it matters when we all only playing practice matches. Would be different if it was for points.

Still though, If you do suspect some cheating going was going on you would put someone up there to stop the aledged problem. Even if it a praccy game Swansrock.

Riddell (with quite a few out) accounted for Melton South in a pretty solid hit out at Carroline Springs today.
Scores -
Riddell - 2. 4. 6. 6. 10. 8. 14. 11. 95. Def' Melton Sth - 2. 0. 4. 5. 7.5.
8. 7. 55.

Itsmyshow, the RDFL umpires have a meeting for all saturday umpires this wednesday to discuss the new rule changes and everything else we need to know before the season starts. As you have said, from the time Gilesy was coach through Collo to now Michael, the Keep It Simple Stupid has been in place. We know we aren't the AFL and i'm sure the explanation we will receive on how to implement this rule (rushed behind) will be no different to the other AFL rules that we don't fully implement ie hands in the back. I would doubt that any would be paid now that players know that the rule will be in place. I'm sure it will only be called if a totally free player runs through for no apparent reason.

I have no doubt that will be the case mate.. But I seriously hope that what you describe is the case, this rule is a ticking time bomb, any rushed behind free kick that is paid must be seriously blatant otherwise ignored, any player under any inkling of pressure has to be given the benefit of the doubt.. I still don't like it though, it irk's the crap outta me actually that we are going to be using it!!!!

Yeah he can play! After half time kilmore just let mernda do what they wanted for a quarter and a half and ended up a couple of goals down then switched back on and kicked the last 4 to just get over the line! dont know what sort of side they had in but kilmore had some missing

Yeah he can play! After half time kilmore just let mernda do what they wanted for a quarter and a half and ended up a couple of goals down then switched back on and kicked the last 4 to just get over the line! dont know what sort of side they had in but kilmore had some missing
The Big Fella did'nt play, would have kicked 10 as Mernda had not match up for him!

MONGREL you got any BIG NEWS you would like to share with us?

Kilmore had 8 to 10 missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back