RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, personally, I hope Jayco takes some time to weigh up his options, first of all, take the advice of slyone and get away for a few days, just away from football for a bit to clear his head..

Personally, the set up at Kilmore has let him down, taking on a coach and giving little to no support is always going to make things tough...

Hopefully Jayco gets his time to let everything settle, then play at Romsey :D
Thanks Mate!

That would make u boys unbackable flag favourites ims. Lots of pressure with performing with such a star studded line up.:D
I did enjoy reading your previous comments tho, Making out you only have Jaycos best interests at heart.ha ha ha. Lets be honest, you are only interested in getting him down to the redbacks....
And the rumours floating around about James and Jayco coming to Sunbury are just that RUMOURS. I have spoken to Jamesey, but no deal has ever been done. My team is more than ready for round 1, with or without any late minute Addition/s.:thumbsu:

Gee Mongrel, I know you enjoy deflecting any talk about the Roos but pushing "unbackable" favorites with Riddell, Diggers, and the Aaron James led Kangaroos in the mix is a big call.. What backline would want to face the Kangaroos with James, Meacham, Cuffe, Harrison, Helmers and the like running around... I would suggest that would be closer to unbackable, but I see your point.
Suggesting that I couldn't give a hoot about Jayco's best interests is also a fair stretch, pretty sure you know me as well as anyone on here and you would be well aware that as long as the young man is happy and healthy it is irrelevant where I hope he ends up.. But would I like to see him at Romsey should he chose to move on after he takes his time to consider what is the best way forward for him, absolutely I would, I think he is exactly the type of player that the Romsey FC has invested in over the pre season break, no doubt he is a brilliant footballer, but more importantly from all I have seen and heard from him, Jayco is a quality person.. He would fit in quite nicely at the Redbacks.. But again, I threw that in there as me personally, I would love to see him on board, but would much rather that Shane does everything he needs to to make sure that he is heading in the right direction, whether that be playing at Kilmore, Sunbury, Romsey or somewhere else, or even if he plays at all in 2011.. That is a choice for Jayco at this point...

To be honest.. The best outcome would be that he and all of the hard work he has put in to the pre season at Kilmore, the recruits that he has worked hard to get to the club, the guys that have stuck around and gone up another level since he took over, all stick around and we have a Kilmore FC that is fighting for a top 4 position... But that just might not be the case...

Gee Mongrel, I know you enjoy deflecting any talk about the Roos but pushing "unbackable" favorites with Riddell, Diggers, and the Aaron James led Kangaroos in the mix is a big call.. What backline would want to face the Kangaroos with James, Meacham, Cuffe, Harrison, Helmers and the like running around... I would suggest that would be closer to unbackable, but I see your point.
Suggesting that I couldn't give a hoot about Jayco's best interests is also a fair stretch, pretty sure you know me as well as anyone on here and you would be well aware that as long as the young man is happy and healthy it is irrelevant where I hope he ends up.. But would I like to see him at Romsey should he chose to move on after he takes his time to consider what is the best way forward for him, absolutely I would, I think he is exactly the type of player that the Romsey FC has invested in over the pre season break, no doubt he is a brilliant footballer, but more importantly from all I have seen and heard from him, Jayco is a quality person.. He would fit in quite nicely at the Redbacks.. But again, I threw that in there as me personally, I would love to see him on board, but would much rather that Shane does everything he needs to to make sure that he is heading in the right direction, whether that be playing at Kilmore, Sunbury, Romsey or somewhere else, or even if he plays at all in 2011.. That is a choice for Jayco at this point...

To be honest.. The best outcome would be that he and all of the hard work he has put in to the pre season at Kilmore, the recruits that he has worked hard to get to the club, the guys that have stuck around and gone up another level since he took over, all stick around and we have a Kilmore FC that is fighting for a top 4 position... But that just might not be the case...
all sorted at kilmore jayco staying on as a player peckham takeing over as coach all other players staying:):thumbsu:

Your right mate jayco is a quality person thats why i think he wont leave the club! especially when he recruited his close mates there and i also think that jamesy is a quality bloke too who will stick fat and finish what him and jaco started at the rdfl bnf night and thats play together and push the top sides all the way!! well i hope anyway!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all sorted at kilmore jayco staying on as a player peckham takeing over as coach all other players staying:):thumbsu:

Your right mate jayco is a quality person thats why i think he wont leave the club! especially when he recruited his close mates there and i also think that jamesy is a quality bloke too who will stick fat and finish what him and jaco started at the rdfl bnf night and thats play together and push the top sides all the way!! well i hope anyway!!!

I think ur wrong oldie, from the horses mouth no way will be playing for kilmore.

who you reffering to jaco or jamesy??

Both mate

Jayco must officially now be the most talked about RDFL identity of the pre-season :thumbsu:

For it's worth (basically stuff all Im guessing) I hope he takes time to have a refresh over the next week or so, and still has a run with the Blues at some stage in 2011. Some of the committee may not have supported him 100% but some did, and more importantly there are over 40+ blokes (on and off field) who also did all summer long, and Im sure they'd love nothing more than to see him enjoy the work put in place without the stress of trying to do a lot more than being just the senior coach.

As I have stated earlier in the pre-season I was drawn to Jayco's enthusiasm when I met with him on behalf of the Yea Footy Club back in September. I also stated from memory I wasn't entirely supportive of how they Robbo thing played out but I did tell Jayco at the time I understood what he was trying to do and implement on behalf of his employer (Kilmore FC).

To bring in the quality new faces he did and get them to unite with the local boys has been impressive to see. I have snuck a fair look at the Blues campaign over the summer, and it would be a shame if Jayco wasn't there to experience the benefits of his hard work to date . . . be it only as a player.

Big Pecks is mate who backed him as an assistant, as did the other inclusions who followed up the Hume. From what Im hearing they're all keen as mustard to play on and surely when the dust settles Jayco will also. I dont think he comes across as a bloke that would sit too comfortably with a 3rd RDFL club in 6 months on his resume - although Im sure there are parties from rival clubs telling him the good old "you owe them nothing" kind of spiel in the hope of jagging his services.

However it plays out, it makes for an interesting Rd.1 clash with Wallan. I must say being a Pies man I loved the pics of a couple of my Kilmore Cricket Club fave's J-Col and Robbo in the black and white colours in this week's edition of the North Central Review :thumbsu:

What a disgrace if true.

Why is that, if he is not happy or the club has done the wrong thing, why not leave to go somewhere to enjoy yourself with a good mate.
Yes all the boys at Kilmore will be shattered to have him leave but i'm sure most would understand, if it is for the right reasons.
Good luck to him and anybody else that might change their minds. I'm sure Sunbury would love to have him back, that is if he would want to.

Why is that, if he is not happy or the club has done the wrong thing, why not leave to go somewhere to enjoy yourself with a good mate.
Yes all the boys at Kilmore will be shattered to have him leave but i'm sure most would understand, if it is for the right reasons.
Good luck to him and anybody else that might change their minds. I'm sure Sunbury would love to have him back, that is if he would want to.
i aggree. hes genuine. im sure every1 will understand

come on big fella. i thought u knew me better than that. i reeled u in like a giant marlin:D. I text your coach 5 mins b4 i wrote that to let him know i was going to wind u up.ha ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back