RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good start to the day, just heard the 3rds have won their game 20.18(138) to 3.3(21)

Congrats to all involved, coaches, players, support staff :thumbsu:

Congrats to all involved in the senior rep program also, convincing win and some great experience gained by the young blokes (and the old one's) who took part. Heard coach Power on the radio and thought his appraisal on things was great :thumbsu:

Imagine what coulda happened if Hall, Davo, Brennan and Tuckey all played in that forward line :eek:

Great day at Tatura, 4 wins in football and netball all by good margins.
Shows we are a better league than a lot of people think and our future is looking good with the young blokes and ladies who put there hands up and did our league proud. They can all hold their heads high and have gained the respect their selection in the RDFNl Interleague deserves.
Hopefully next year even more will contribute and help our league get the respect it deserves.
Suggestion, make the best player on the inter leagueday the "Jamie Cuffe" he was very good today and I know the young blokes really enjoyed having him involved.
My best today J.Wright, D.Gregory, J.Cuffe, E. Foreman, J.Ryan and B. Mitchell

i see a clearance went in for young crowly from kilmore through the week. What happened there was it a one off to play under 19s or has he left. Well done on the intaleague wins did anyone from wallan play?

Great day at Tatura, 4 wins in football and netball all by good margins.
Shows we are a better league than a lot of people think and our future is looking good with the young blokes and ladies who put there hands up and did our league proud. They can all hold their heads high and have gained the respect their selection in the RDFNl Interleague deserves.
Hopefully next year even more will contribute and help our league get the respect it deserves.
Suggestion, make the best player on the inter leagueday the "Jamie Cuffe" he was very good today and I know the young blokes really enjoyed having him involved.
My best today J.Wright, D.Gregory, J.Cuffe, E. Foreman, J.Ryan and B. Mitchell

Four great results for the RDFL yesterday at Tatura yesterday, it will be interesting to see where we are on the rankings now.

What an outstanding playing surface and venue, well done to KDFL and Tatura FC.

Debate over who did or didn't play is not all that relevant, the 24 who did play put in an outstanding performance, as did the coaching and support staff.

In the first quarter it looked like we might have a game on our hands, but once we hit the front early in the second quarter it was one way traffic from there. There were some terrific passages of play, but the one that led to a Matt Welsh goal in the last quarter was outstanding.

My best were J. Wright, D. Sahlberg, N. Richardson, D. Gregory, M. Gaunt and M. Sammut.

Can anyone tell us why Leigh Brennan pulled out on the morning of the match.

Co
Four great results for the RDFL yesterday at Tatura yesterday, it will be interesting to see where we are on the rankings now.

Debate over who did or didn't play is not all that relevant, the 24 who did play put in an outstanding performance, as did the coaching and support staff.

In the first quarter it looked like we might have a game on our hands, but once we hit the front early in the second quarter it was one way traffic from there. There were some terrific passages of play, but the one that led to a Matt Welsh goal in the last quarter was outstanding.

My best were J. Wright, D. Sahlberg, N. Richardson, D. Gregory, M. Gaunt and M. Sammut.

Congratulations to the RDFL guys and girls on the 4 wins. I was looking at the VCFL website and based on previous years changes we will now rise to the 29th vs 30th position which would be against the loser of this years 27th vs 28th which was Alberton vs Ellinbank.

Hopefully our umpiring group can be a part of it next year.

There were 24 outstanding players that represented out league brilliantly on the day.. the team nominated six players.. could have easily nominated a dozen effortlessly.. the whole team in fact.. Leroy didn't play because of a hamstring injury that he did on Tuesday night and was given until maybe about the day before to see if he could get up.. unfortunately it wasn't to be.. there was the added positives of Alex Desmond getting a run from Kilmore to make it 11 clubs who had representatives and the two twin towers, Fish and Cuffe could play on the ground at the same time..

i see a clearance went in for young crowly from kilmore through the week. What happened there was it a one off to play under 19s or has he left. Well done on the intaleague wins did anyone from wallan play?

Not a one off unfortunately Crowls was due to resume this week from suspension but text me late last Tuesday night requesting out. Nothing to do with me (they all say that) apparently but other issues. Fair to say I'm gunna battle to get a 3rd year at this rate given the amount of Kilmore juniors departing on my watch :mad:

Not a one off unfortunately Crowls was due to resume this week from suspension but text me late last Tuesday night requesting out. Nothing to do with me (they all say that) apparently but other issues. Fair to say I'm gunna battle to get a 3rd year at this rate given the amount of Kilmore juniors departing on my watch :mad:
What more can you do?

a text message your kidding wheres the respect gone. was he on a contract or free to go?

a text message your kidding wheres the respect gone. was he on a contract or free to go?
unfortunately, and its not a pot shot at the this kid, the younger generation of today seem to want to avoid conflict and want to communicate via text message, email or even facebook. what ever happend to meeting your coach in person to explain the reason??

unfortunately, and its not a pot shot at the this kid, the younger generation of today seem to want to avoid conflict and want to communicate via text message, email or even facebook. what ever happend to meeting your coach in person to explain the reason??
Yeh Cal but I'm over it, lost count of the amount of text messages (or not even) I've received since about November. On the contract thing, yes Luke was on one but again its pretty hard to guage exactly whats going on via a few SMS' and Ive always said if a bloke doesn't want to play under me then Im happy to let him go.

Spot on broman, I reckon my late dad (god love him) must be looking down and shaking his head at some of the scenario's thrown at us the past 6 months.

What more can you do?

Keep trying Hulkster, we just gotta keep trying. I've enjoyed seeing the improvement in young blokes like Lawson, Alam, McCullough. Alex Desmond and Nick Sheldon are contributing to senior standard regularly and I'm hoping in a few weeks to offer a few more club juniors their senior debut. Think we had 13 players aged 16-20 a fortnight or so ago, its gunna be tough and I haven't once lied to the group about what we're up for. As I keep saying it aint gunna be about the amount of times we knocked down ..... just as long as we keep getting up.

There's an obvious dissent towards the club from many locals at the moment, and my message to them would be if you want your club back then come and get it. It's getting pretty tiring the amount of people happy to ring you or tell you everything that's going wrong in their eyes but not prepared to get in and do anything about it.

Be it coaches, presidents, committee members - we may not be the best candidates in the local eyes as there are no doubt better equipped people around, but we're the one's with either (1.) the time .... or (2.) the balls/courage to put our hands up and at least have a go :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely understand where your coming from mate as I've been around footy clubs all my life, you certainly have taken on a tough job, but from what I read on here and what I hear on the grapevine you are doing a fantastic job with the young talent you have available.
People do get frustrated when their club isn't performing on the scoreboard and will always be coming up with ideas and questioning things that are going on, but yes those people aren't always prepared to roll up their sleeves. I have only been to a handful of Kilmore games over the last couple of years but next time I get to a game ill definitely chase you up and chat about a few topics over a beer.
Until then don't let outside things throw you of what you are trying to achieve.

Yeh Cal but I'm over it, lost count of the amount of text messages (or not even) I've received since about November. On the contract thing, yes Luke was on one but again its pretty hard to guage exactly whats going on via a few SMS' and Ive always said if a bloke doesn't want to play under me then Im happy to let him go.

Spot on broman, I reckon my late dad (god love him) must be looking down and shaking his head at some of the scenario's thrown at us the past 6 months.

Keep trying Hulkster, we just gotta keep trying. I've enjoyed seeing the improvement in young blokes like Lawson, Alam, McCullough. Alex Desmond and Nick Sheldon are contributing to senior standard regularly and I'm hoping in a few weeks to offer a few more club juniors their senior debut. Think we had 13 players aged 16-20 a fortnight or so ago, its gunna be tough and I haven't once lied to the group about what we're up for. As I keep saying it aint gunna be about the amount of times we knocked down ..... just as long as we keep getting up.

There's an obvious dissent towards the club from many locals at the moment, and my message to them would be if you want your club back then come and get it. It's getting pretty tiring the amount of people happy to ring you or tell you everything that's going wrong in their eyes but not prepared to get in and do anything about it.

Be it coaches, presidents, committee members - we may not be the best candidates in the local eyes as there are no doubt better equipped people around, but we're the one's with either (1.) the time .... or (2.) the balls/courage to put our hands up and at least have a go :mad:

Doona, you and the committee have done a fantastic job. those that are taking potshots are always the same people who have done so for years and years. it wouldn't matter who was coach they always seem to find the negative in things rather than seeing the positives, which are your giving young men the chance to play senior football and learn true value of mateship, teamwork and playing for the club and one another. forget about the critics just take solace out of the fact there are more people who think your doing a ripping job than the small minority who you shouldn't waste time on even listening to their dribble!

Doona, you and the committee have done a fantastic job. those that are taking potshots are always the same people who have done so for years and years. it wouldn't matter who was coach they always seem to find the negative in things rather than seeing the positives, which are your giving young men the chance to play senior football and learn true value of mateship, teamwork and playing for the club and one another. forget about the critics just take solace out of the fact there are more people who think your doing a ripping job than the small minority who you shouldn't waste time on even listening to their dribble!

Exactly.. amen... those people are cowards and lead very sad lives.. one day they'll realise this and then get on down to the footy club and help out.. the sooner they realise their horrible faults, the better .. this will do everyone else a favour..

Looking forward to seeing the star studded Romsey line up first hand.

Might have to wait til August/September for that they're missing quite a few at the moment.

Tsunami warning for Kilmore tomorrow, if only they still made the old screw in long stop boot.

Hey blokes Luke Crowley here,
Rocked up to footy today with my teammates telling me about all this stuff said about me on big footy. I knew it would come about sooner or later but really their is no need to comment on something you clearly have no idea about the full ixtent of. I feel bad as it is knowing I left my best mates and good blokes in the coaching ranks, but when you feel uncomftable and unfairly treated by a committee well the. I think it's time to go, my mates agree and completely understand and are behind me 100 percent, as long as I have them and I'm enjoying my footy and keeping to myself , that's all I give a stuff about.
Pot me all u like , make me feel worse !

had a look at your best mates today luke and must say i left thinking they through everything they had at a pretty good riddell team. It was actually the most physical kilmore has looked of the 3 times ive seen then play. its a shame to think a committee would treat a young bloke unfarily when its obvious theyre lacking experienced senior footballers so we can only take yoour word for it that u were pushed out. good win by wallan two in a row ow and did anyone expect the result rockbank and braodford?

Hey blokes Luke Crowley here,
Rocked up to footy today with my teammates telling me about all this stuff said about me on big footy. I knew it would come about sooner or later but really their is no need to comment on something you clearly have no idea about the full ixtent of. I feel bad as it is knowing I left my best mates and good blokes in the coaching ranks, but when you feel uncomftable and unfairly treated by a committee well the. I think it's time to go, my mates agree and completely understand and are behind me 100 percent, as long as I have them and I'm enjoying my footy and keeping to myself , that's all I give a stuff about.
Pot me all u like , make me feel worse !

Play where u committed to play at the start of the year mate. Too many blokes make excuses how bout makin a commitment and see it through

had a look at your best mates today luke and must say i left thinking they through everything they had at a pretty good riddell team. It was actually the most physical kilmore has looked of the 3 times ive seen then play. its a shame to think a committee would treat a young bloke unfarily when its obvious theyre lacking experienced senior footballers so we can only take yoour word for it that u were pushed out. good win by wallan two in a row ow and did anyone expect the result rockbank and braodford?[/quote

That's great to hear mate yeh wAs talking to a few n sed they were pretty sore cos they had a real crack that's what u want to hear! That's how I felt mate And I thought it was fare enough to make the desition I made !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back