RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Bajric was a enforcer type to wasnt he? Broadford just loading up with more disciplined players for this weeks game which when blows up will be romseys fault naturally
I honestly can't see this game on Friday night blowing up mate
Why would u think that
It should be a great night for both Broadford and romsey

I
Why would u think that

Certainly not wanting to say it will or that its the reason Broadford have added these blokes. Was more of a tongue in cheek comment. It will be a great occasion for the RDFL and good on the people involved for making it happen

I
Why would u think that

Based on this years law of averages and games that having Broadford in them discipline not the strong suit clearly. hope it is a great night for both clubs though

Of course u can back into the game omni

And don't give us any more of that serious striking v striking crap again. All that means is that one bloke can punch harder than the other !!!
Moreover if there were no cheap shot at the end of the game, NONE of these blokes would have been on report & none of this would have ever taken place !!!

The sooner they leave this league the better!! By far the most poorly run, expensive league in Australia!!!

Expensive yes, poorly run I'm not so sure.

Go back to 2008 neon, unlike when Gisborne floated the idea of going to the Ballarat FL and both leagues (Ballarat and Bendigo) had the right to address their members, our club executive wouldn't let the Heathcote FL talk to us.
Now you know my thoughts on all this, just as many did back then - I still don't think you guys (I'm employed elsewhere at present) belong in the RDFL, and the lack of respect shown to the HDFL back then guarantee's there's no hope of returning there.

Broadford are now an RDFL club whether you, me or anyone else who disagreed like it, and its still a bit early to judge if its been the right thing. Lets see how this year pans out, and what happens next. If all the effort, the recruiting, the publicity (good and bad) doesn't translate into further improvement in 2014 then you might have to await the decisions on the VCFL and its rumoured re-structuring.

OMG Im heading up Friday nite for sure. Don't know the other blokes but Curlys a nutcase. Legs are shot , so can't run at all, BUT boy he can fight. Will be on for young & old that's for certain. Played 1 prac match for a couple of yrs back & nearly caused a riot. Think this could bring some huge interest to your league , not in the good way. If he's mate Tarczon comes along look out off the ground as well.

You do know pal, that NONE of our 3 Riddell lads that are due to face the Tribunal have EVER been reported before in their respective careers ???
ALL are multiple Premiership players, much respected & known throughout the League. Allen is a century goal kicker with a swag of awards. Ruffell is an ex VFL player, with a league goal kicking award to his name. And Sammut our B&F of last season, played with distinction & was just about B.O.G. for the R.D.F.L. in its recent inter-league victory at Tatura.

ALL these players are NOT mugs. They are decorated Champions ! They do NOT just go around whacking blokes for no reason !!!

I believe so far this season there have been FOUR R.D.F.L. matches where melee's have developed & both the respective offending Clubs have been fined by the League...... BROADFORD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN 3 OF THEM !
Yes THREE !!!
Your Club has a problem ! And until it faces up to that, it will go no where to solving this issue.

Dont quote me but i think Pillios is a media manager from EDFL who played at Marby, not sure of his footy ability though. Paul Harrison ex coach of nearly every EDFL club has his name on clearences page too.

Dont quote me but i think Pillios is a media manager from EDFL who played at Marby, not sure of his footy ability though. Paul Harrison ex coach of nearly every EDFL club has his name on clearences page too.

EDFL board member and Marby Park person I think who did plenty in the media side
Of things for the EDFL.

EDFL board member and Marby Park person I think who did plenty in the media side
Of things for the EDFL.

Didn't realise it was Matt Pillios, may not play but no doubt will lead to other players from the EDFL. Noticed Dave Farrelly names too, remember a Farrelly going up Balranald way with Jase Dennis, god help us if Jase bobs up there too, could play a bit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Taylor rolls out too shortly, although the fact he don't turn 35 til next April may mean he will wait and play for the Roos' superules team in 2014.

Be a fair side too by the way .....

Didn't realise it was Matt Pillios, may not play but no doubt will lead to other players from the EDFL. Noticed Dave Farrelly names too, remember a Farrelly going up Balranald way with Jase Dennis, god help us if Jase bobs up there too, could play a bit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Taylor rolls out too shortly, although the fact he don't turn 35 til next April may mean he will wait and play for the Roos' superules team in 2014.

Be a fair side too by the way .....

I wonder whether i can convince pedo to let me play friday night in the senior citizens match of the round??????? Surely i must qualify? Im old, OVERWEIGHT, past my prime, cant run, so surely im suitable for this big clash.lmao. Some of the names im seeing on the clearence page for broadford im thinking it has to be april fools day. It may pay off for broady who really need to win this game to stay in touch with the top 6. However taking so many old has beens into a game with young fit guys it could just as easy backfire on them!!!!! Either way Romsey Park seems like the place to be friday night, should be a ripper!!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was only a matter of time until this was brought up about Broadford's discipline. Spoke to a couple of people from the top clubs and they all paint the same picture.
About small towns, sometimes there the best as it is the heart and soul of the place. Places like gisbourne and sunbury supply alot of players to the smaller towns in the league.

It was only a matter of time until this was brought up about Broadford's discipline. Spoke to a couple of people from the top clubs and they all paint the same picture.
About small towns, sometimes there the best as it is the heart and soul of the place. Places like gisbourne and sunbury supply alot of players to the smaller towns in the league.

And vice versa pal I can assure you !

I wonder whether i can convince pedo to let me play friday night in the senior citizens match of the round??????? Surely i must qualify? Im old, OVERWEIGHT, past my prime, cant run, so surely im suitable for this big clash.lmao. Some of the names im seeing on the clearence page for broadford im thinking it has to be april fools day. It may pay off for broady who really need to win this game to stay in touch with the top 6. However taking so many old has beens into a game with young fit guys it could just as easy backfire on them!!!!! Either way Romsey Park seems like the place to be friday night, should be a ripper!!!:D

we still have your photo in our clubrooms mongrel. I think youd still get a few kicks at this standard. I saw u walking across the ground the other week. It was nice to see u back home at rupo old friend

Not 100s of thousands year in year out like some of the clubs here. No!! The team with the most money usually wins!!

Btw. You're rabble of team Geelong are like urself!!!!

NFG!!!

And tool of the week goes to???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (((((((

OMG Im heading up Friday nite for sure. Don't know the other blokes but Curlys a nutcase. Legs are shot , so can't run at all, BUT boy he can fight. Will be on for young & old that's for certain. Played 1 prac match for a couple of yrs back & nearly caused a riot. Think this could bring some huge interest to your league , not in the good way. If he's mate Tarczon comes along look out off the ground as well.

TAlk about name dropping!!!!! I dont know DArren tarczon personally but id be the first to say that in 29 years of playing he would be one of the toughest players ive played on or against. But as if he would give a heck about the broadford v romsey game. Talk of him punching on in the crowd is just more testament that broadford are on an entirely wrong wave length. I have had the odd scuffle on the footy field too but this talk is terrible for our league. If its more important to worry about who wins the fights then I suggest your in the wrong sport. How come a big game underlights is getting built up as the next wrestlemania?

AS far as im concerned broadford have been involved in numerous scraps this year against unwilling participants and now that a side like RIddell have accomodated them and by all reports gained the upper hand now its an all out hunt for their next opponent romsey. Lets see what happens friday night when romsey just want to play footy. Will they also be blamed if it turns ugly?

TAlk about name dropping!!!!! I dont know DArren tarczon personally but id be the first to say that in 29 years of playing he would be one of the toughest players ive played on or against. But as if he would give a heck about the broadford v romsey game. Talk of him punching on in the crowd is just more testament that broadford are on an entirely wrong wave length. I have had the odd scuffle on the footy field too but this talk is terrible for our league. If its more important to worry about who wins the fights then I suggest your in the wrong sport. How come a big game underlights is getting built up as the next wrestlemania?

AS far as im concerned broadford have been involved in numerous scraps this year against unwilling participants and now that a side like RIddell have accomodated them and by all reports gained the upper hand now its an all out hunt for their next opponent romsey. Lets see what happens friday night when romsey just want to play footy. Will they also be blamed if it turns ugly?

I think you and I got to know each other over one of those "odd scuffles" mongrel. I agree it's time to move on from last weeks incident. Time for some positive talk. Anyone from Romsey, maybe you can help mongrel, what are the lights like? I hear they are pretty good. Most grounds in our league don't have sufficient lighting to host a night game? How big of a crowd are Romsey expecting. I think it will be an exciting if it works well. Could be the start of something. Friday/Sunday games occasionally allowing other teams to come along and watch is good for the league.

Also, is anyone watching the filmed games? Do coaches (doona etc) use them for strategy, learning about opposition, does anyone review past games, does anyone watch them just because they love the RDFL? The umpires have been using some footage for coaching purposes and some umpires use the footage for review. Just interested on other people's thoughts as I don't recall any talk on this page about it.

Also, who else is looking forward to rd 12, two massive potential top 4 defining matches, diggers rest vs Romsey, and kangaroos vs riddell, what do people think the results will be and how will that affect the top 4. Will riddell lose a game this season?

I think you and I got to know each other over one of those "odd scuffles" mongrel. I agree it's time to move on from last weeks incident. Time for some positive talk. Anyone from Romsey, maybe you can help mongrel, what are the lights like? I hear they are pretty good. Most grounds in our league don't have sufficient lighting to host a night game? How big of a crowd are Romsey expecting. I think it will be an exciting if it works well. Could be the start of something. Friday/Sunday games occasionally allowing other teams to come along and watch is good for the league.

Also, is anyone watching the filmed games? Do coaches (doona etc) use them for strategy, learning about opposition, does anyone review past games, does anyone watch them just because they love the RDFL? The umpires have been using some footage for coaching purposes and some umpires use the footage for review. Just interested on other people's thoughts as I don't recall any talk on this page about it.

Also, who else is looking forward to rd 12, two massive potential top 4 defining matches, diggers rest vs Romsey, and kangaroos vs riddell, what do people think the results will be and how will that affect the top 4. Will riddell lose a game this season?

Round 12

Sunbury v Riddell
Diggers Rest v Romsey

How will that effect the top 4 ? Plenty more football to be played after round 12, but the teams who win these 2 matches will be in the box seat to finish top 3.

Lights are very good, dont expect the MCG standard, at dusk not so good but once its dark good enough.
I do use the footage and send clips on to players via phone, very handy tool, great concept!

As Doona said folks, time to put it in the holsters.. The hearings are done and dusted, issue is finished, if you have further issues, take it up with your club executive and go through the correct channels.

All posts from here in will be deleted.

As Doona said folks, time to put it in the holsters.. The hearings are done and dusted, issue is finished, if you have further issues, take it up with your club executive and go through the correct channels.

All posts from here in will be deleted.
Now omni, dont have a go at me as i'm about to give a club a rap!, last time i did this,the club in question has not lived up to the standard they displayed against us, i think they have a few injuries! Now i want to talk about Rockbank, what an improvement on & off the ground! Leroy should be congratulated and assistant coach Robby Lynch has also done a terrific job, Gav tells me they are still aiming at finals, which they should be, and they are confident they will get there! I wish them all the best as i can see they have put in plenty of work which is great for the comp! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back