RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now omni, dont have a go at me as i'm about to give a club a rap!, last time i did this,the club in question has not lived up to the standard they displayed against us, i think they have a few injuries! Now i want to talk about Rockbank, what an improvement on & off the ground! Leroy should be congratulated and assistant coach Robby Lynch has also done a terrific job, Gav tells me they are still aiming at finals, which they should be, and they are confident they will get there! I wish them all the best as i can see they have put in plenty of work which is great for the comp! :)

Finals??? :eek:

There is no need to use the "F" word, the Rams just have to continue to improve their perfomances, both on and off the field and show a more consistent and competitive performance every week when taking the field.

The club has grown already in the short period of time and the best thing is that the people at the club have embraced what Leigh, Robbie and the committee are trying to put in place, players that have been at the club for several years are showing improvement every week and the new players are fitting in really well.

As for anything else, one week at a time my friend, one week at a time... :cool:

Now omni, dont have a go at me as i'm about to give a club a rap!, last time i did this,the club in question has not lived up to the standard they displayed against us, i think they have a few injuries! Now i want to talk about Rockbank, what an improvement on & off the ground! Leroy should be congratulated and assistant coach Robby Lynch has also done a terrific job, Gav tells me they are still aiming at finals, which they should be, and they are confident they will get there! I wish them all the best as i can see they have put in plenty of work which is great for the comp! :)

I could never have a go at you, me old Paco' buddy............... (Owe Camel one tho !)

Hey, I'm a big rap for the Rams. I had them making the finals at the start of the season. I think their slow start, dropping a couple of very winnable games early will cost the side dearly. They are playing catch up now & have to pick up some major scalp/s to figure in the September action. Its possible ??? But pretty unlikely !

Off the field I am told they are making all the right moves........& it shows ! Good on 'em ! They have obviously worked hard down at Rockbank to lift their image. When we played them down there in round 5 they were very competitive & gave a good account of themselves. They had a crack, didn't put numbers behind the ball & we certainly didn't have everything our own way !
During & after the game their crowd was civilised & friendly. It was a pleasure to be down there.
You know my friend, there is something truly unique about the feeling you get & the friends you make through the contact of cross town footy & the genuine hospitality that comes with that.

Its a pity ALL Clubs cant embrace the concept ! :cool:

I could never have a go at you, me old Paco' buddy............... (Owe Camel one tho !)

Hey, I'm a big rap for the Rams. I had them making the finals at the start of the season. I think their slow start, dropping a couple of very winnable games early will cost the side dearly. They are playing catch up now & have to pick up some major scalp/s to figure in the September action. Its possible ??? But pretty unlikely !

Off the field I am told they are making all the right moves........& it shows ! Good on 'em ! They have obviously worked hard down at Rockbank to lift their image. When we played them down there in round 5 they were very competitive & gave a good account of themselves. They had a crack, didn't put numbers behind the ball & we certainly didn't have everything our own way !
During & after the game their crowd was civilised & friendly. It was a pleasure to be down there.
You know my friend, there is something truly unique about the feeling you get & the friends you make through the contact of cross town footy & the genuine hospitality that comes with that.

Its a pity ALL Clubs cant embrace the concept ! :cool:
He did mention the F word!

Anyone interested in seeing some very very smart footy skills check out the RDFL web sites high light reel of last weeks Macedon v Lancefield game. 2 mins in number 30 Matt Goodwin..........Great quick thinking !!! :thumbsu:

Whats the name of the ex AFL player you have signed?

Watched a few highlights of macedons game last week. Very impressed!!!! Are they on the hop now???? Its no secret that I beleive in their list and definately rate their coaches andrews and meldrum but its now time for them to deliver imo. Have macedons players been built up too much or have macedon just been a side that knowone gives too much thought to because they r always competitive but no real threat???? I reckon if I singled sum of their players out and gave my honest opinion people might be a bit harder on them than they currently are. I beleive they have the coaches, the have the facilities, they have the players, so someone tell us whats missing?????

Watched a few highlights of macedons game last week. Very impressed!!!! Are they on the hop now???? Its no secret that I beleive in their list and definately rate their coaches andrews and meldrum but its now time for them to deliver imo. Have macedons players been built up too much or have macedon just been a side that knowone gives too much thought to because they r always competitive but no real threat???? I reckon if I singled sum of their players out and gave my honest opinion people might be a bit harder on them than they currently are. I beleive they have the coaches, the have the facilities, they have the players, so someone tell us whats missing?????

They need a BIG win I reckon to be taken seriously. Next couple of games could be a bit of a test for 'em. Melton & Rockbank, both AWAY ! I rated Lancefield a bit. So to put them away even though it was at home is a pretty good win.. No pun intended !!!
If they get over the next couple, then round 15 offers them the chance of THAT really big win. Romsey at Romsey !
That could be their watershed moment this season and catapult them into finals with a degree of momentum.
Do I detect a soft spot in the heart of the Mongrel for the men of the mount ??? :rolleyes:

Been chatting to a very good friend of mine from the kangas and we were talking about how big the riddell vs kangas game is going to be next week. And I asked him the question in which I know the answer, when did the kangas last lose a game at home???? And another question does anyone know who or what clubs biggest winning streak at home is? Cos I definately dont know that 1

Congratulations and Good Luck to Tommy Sheridan, against Geelong this weekend.

Good to see Ross Lyon finally giving him a go, after being named emergency half a dozen times this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been chatting to a very good friend of mine from the kangas and we were talking about how big the riddell vs kangas game is going to be next week. And I asked him the question in which I know the answer, when did the kangas last lose a game at home???? And another question does anyone know who or what clubs biggest winning streak at home is? Cos I definately dont know that 1

Can't remember them losing one at Boardman for the last three and a half seasons Mongrel !

I too initially thought the Sunbury v Riddell game on Sunday week would be a cracker, especially as it being a stand alone Sunday fixture. Still might ! But the Bombers are down now with 3 of their best to miss at this stage. (2 suspended & 1 hammy) So we obviously wont be at our best. Maybe that'll be good enough or someone will make the step up & fill the breach in a manner that will compliment the standard the side has set so far this season. Time will tell I guess. I'm hoping its a good game & turns out to be a good contest. :thumbsu:

What was the other question.....Biggest winning streak at home ???? I have NO idea !!! We'd have to be right up there I would think tho pal.

im fairly sure diggers smashed riddell by 10 goals last year????? Not sure if it was at riddell but I think it was.

If im right sunbury could be on about a 25 game winning streak at home? Can riddell end that or is boardman the rdfl house of pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back