RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe they come up with this neautral ground bullshit, so Melbourne Richmond etc shouldn’t be aloud to play at the MCG on grand final day as it’s there home ground.
So we are now starting to see the direction the gold fields are taking and not liking what will clubs reactions over the next few years be with the dismantling of the rdfl to form there super comp.
Edfl , NFNL and KDFL look pretty good at the momment or clubs can have there own forum and at the AGM make a change back to the RDFNL self managed or do nothing it’s in there hands .

Last edited:
So we are now starting to see the direction the gold fields are taking and not liking what will clubs reactions over the next few years be with the dismantling of the rdfl to form there super comp.
Edfl , NFNL and KDFL look pretty good at the momment or clubs can have there own forum and at the AGM make a change back to the RDFNL self managed or do nothing it’s in there hands .
From the direction of the current teams, I'm thinking the presidents of each club dont give a hoot about the future of the RDFL other wise they would be sticking by the rules and laws that have been brought in to try and even the comp, Afterall it is those presidents and commitee who voted on the goldfields taking over the RDFL in the first place.

From the direction of the current teams, I'm thinking the presidents of each club dont give a hoot about the future of the RDFL other wise they would be sticking by the rules and laws that have been brought in to try and even the comp, Afterall it is those presidents and commitee who voted on the goldfields taking over the RDFL in the first place.

Um not entirely sure it was following a vote. I thought (someone please correct if Im wrong) that the admin side of the comp was virtually taken out of the RDFL's hands back in about 2009/2010 when whispers of some untoward dealings bobbed up by a previous paid administrator.

No investiagtion took place even though rumours were of some substantial figures - would it be that if found negligent, those in executive roles at the time would've been struck off for a lengthy spell on the sidelines and not allowed to function on a board as such?

Again I think it was a matter of AFL VIC back then having little trust or faith that the comp could be managed on it's own accord. That was 8-9-10 years back now though, been ample time to wrestled the reins back in the clubs generally wanted to.

Last edited:
Um not entirely sure it was following a vote. I thought (someone please correct if Im wrong) that the admin side of the comp was virtually taken out of the RDFL's hands back in about 2009/2010 when whispers of some untoward dealings bobbed up by a previous paid administrator.

No investiagtion took place even though rumours were of some substantial figures - would it be that if found negligent, those in executive roles at the time would've been struck off for a lengthy spell on the sidelines and not allowed to function on a board as such?

Again I think it was a matter of AFL VIC back then having little trust or faith that the comp could be managed on it's own accord. That was 8-9-10 years back now though, been ample time to wrestled the reins back in the clubs generally wanted to.

What is the fee structure between these leagues?

- Comparisons of what RDFL charge, as opposed to EDFL,NFL and other nearby comps may determine whether some clubs explore the options of moving onto greener pastures or treading water trying to survive, I'm hearing their fees are at the top end of the scale.

Come on Doona that got swept under the carpet long ago.Play on.Wonder when Goldfields are gunna change the name of awards and such and name them after themselves like the Rdfl?
Clarke Oval a poor choice but certainly not surprising.Romsey is rural,central to most clubs,good parking,fencing,change rooms,social rooms,surface with top netball facilities close to oval(can watch both games from certain spots).

Doons, I believe there was a vote and 2 Sunbury based teams voted against moving to AFLG

Come on Doona that got swept under the carpet long ago.Play on.Wonder when Goldfields are gunna change the name of awards and such and name them after themselves like the Rdfl?
Clarke Oval a poor choice but certainly not surprising.Romsey is rural,central to most clubs,good parking,fencing,change rooms,social rooms,surface with top netball facilities close to oval(can watch both games from certain spots).
Doona is right here about the league sweeping a certain major situation under the carpet. Agree romsey or Lancefield best for GF

Ha ha yeh I know it was, it was more referring to how it came about to have outsiders come in and administer the league. In saying that it's probably not feasible or possible to remunerate the staffing level required these days, hence why the hub thing is currently in vogue.
Obviously the last time the tender was up for application AFL Goldfields came in the cheapest and/or most practical so as you say Fly "play on"

Are any RDFL clubs having a presence at the Bungaree chinwag this Sunday? Spewing I forgot all about it myself until it was mentioned tonight on The Local Footy show.

In terms of GF Day, I'm with you mate "if she aint broke why fix it" Lancefield was always great, Romsey for me more recently even better ... $hit I hope this move works for all you guys and girls who deserve (and earn the right) to be showcased in style in front of peers, rivals and neutral footy lovers.

Anyway with 4-5 rounds to go we have few more interesting games this weekend, Macedon v Riddell, Diggers hosting Rupo, Melton v Woodend and who knows can Broadford find a way to be in a game late? For me I'll go ...

Macedon
Diggers
Wallan
Romsey
Centrals
Broadford (if not tomorrow then maybe vs Rockbank)

Last edited:
You would think if we are all wrong then some one from headquarters would get on here and adleast explain WTF going on

I can’t imagine a league official would comment an social media like this. There are proper channels for those that want to complain and get answers. Maybe ‘at least’ those not happy could explore those channels.
It’s also interesting to note that most people on here want Romsey to host the grand final, yet only a few years ago when Romsey were challenging we were all calling for a neutral venue. Clarke oval seems to be the obvious choice to me for a neutral venue. We were told that all the presidents agreed to the neutral venue so maybe if punters have an issue with it, a chat to their club president might be a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t imagine a league official would comment an social media like this. There are proper channels for those that want to complain and get answers. Maybe ‘at least’ those not happy could explore those channels.
It’s also interesting to note that most people on here want Romsey to host the grand final, yet only a few years ago when Romsey were challenging we were all calling for a neutral venue. Clarke oval seems to be the obvious choice to me for a neutral venue. We were told that all the presidents agreed to the neutral venue so maybe if punters have an issue with it, a chat to their club president might be a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting how the rupo boys agree on Clarke oval anything to win a flag :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe the two host clubs couldn't provide live scores.

Very lucky today. Played well for two 1/4s and it was enough. Sunbury were very good for the most part, but there's no doubt Wallan are a great 4th quarter side.

Riddell
Diggers
Wallan
Romsey
Woodend
Lancefield
Not many gave Rupo much of a chance, not a bad 4 points when u consider the Sharks had no Swallow, Chambers, Putt, Hetherington, Cicero, Guy, Smith and had 3 eligible 19's players playing, 1 in Sutton playing his senior Debut. Great team effort and backs up the saying that it's not about whose out its about whose in.

Not many gave Rupo much of a chance, not a bad 4 points when u consider the Sharks had no Swallow, Chambers, Putt, Hetherington, Cicero, Guy, Smith and had 3 eligible 19's players playing, 1 in Sutton playing his senior Debut. Great team effort and backs up the saying that it's not about whose out its about whose in.

Just thought the ground would suit them, but in the end probably a good result from our perspective.

Top 6 just about set? Looks like it. Real dog fight for the top 4 spots too.

Doona is right here about the league sweeping a certain major situation under the carpet. Agree romsey or Lancefield best for GF

Question????

Would Clarke oval be the grand final venue if it WAS NOT a goldfields ground???

Next step mark my words will be goldfields talking about clubs in the rdfl merging!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back