RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about Daniel Nolan's qualifications for the finals. The club seeked clarification from the league who they pay their fees to and that was given. Cleared to play. Diggers appealed the decision after the game. End result is what I wrote above.

Why was there even an issue about his qualification tho...that stuff is usually black and white. Not wanting to go over old ground but I just don't get it. Did he play too many in the ones? Did he not play enough at all for the club during the year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why was there even an issue about his qualification tho...that stuff is usually black and white. Not wanting to go over old ground but I just don't get it. Did he play too many in the ones? Did he not play enough at all for the club during the year?

Helped out the Club 18s and reserves. Posted earlier in the thread that Club 18s don't count as qualifying games.

Just another case of the league being incompetent!! Don’t worry, not only happens in footy, certain sides have got away with plenty in the netball over the years as well! Should we all be surprised? I think not .....

Sounds to me like the old "if mum says no then ask dad"

Wallan reaches out to the RDFL Footy Ops Dept I presume, who in turn said yep.
Someone then says bugger that we'll go to AFL Goldfields about it.

Club 18 is a combined Goldfields thing yey? RDFL page still displays a 2017 version of By-Laws, and the Ballarat FL league, whilst it does at least have the current seasons By-laws up .... neither comp from what I can see bear any reference to club 18 competition.

And here in turn lies the problem. Obviously there is conflict regarding who actually rules your comp, and who has the authority to make decisions.

And this must be why clubs can't fully unite off field regarding unity and demanding better servcie for the league fee's .... because if we don't like what mum says we can still go to dad about it.

Knowing Dan a fraction, whilst disappointed I'm sure he'll be doing everything in his power to help his club prepare, and at the end of the day should Diggers lose tomorrow .... from what I'm hearing Rupo didn't have issue about the topic at all.

Play On Chaps ....

Sounds to me like the old "if mum says no then ask dad"

Wallan reaches out to the RDFL Footy Ops Dept I presume, who in turn said yep.
Someone then says bugger that we'll go to AFL Goldfields about it.

Club 18 is a combined Goldfields thing yey? RDFL page still displays a 2017 version of By-Laws, and the Ballarat FL league, whilst it does at least have the current seasons By-laws up .... neither comp from what I can see bear any reference to club 18 competition.

And here in turn lies the problem. Obviously there is conflict regarding who actually rules your comp, and who has the authority to make decisions.

And this must be why clubs can't fully unite off field regarding unity and demanding better servcie for the league fee's .... because if we don't like what mum says we can still go to dad about it.

Knowing Dan a fraction, whilst disappointed I'm sure he'll be doing everything in his power to help his club prepare, and at the end of the day should Diggers lose tomorrow .... from what I'm hearing Rupo didn't have issue about the topic at all.

Play On Chaps ....

It will all be sorted out by the League it will change the bylaws (because this got to hard) to qualify club 18 players now and anyone that doesnt have a club 18 will now be disadvantged. It will only make it harder for the lesser clubs once again. I am pretty sure it wouldnt be on that players wish list to win a twos Grand Final with the quality of football he has played and can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Diggers Rest on their win yesterday. The slow start by the Cats ultimately cost them. You always need to play good footy for four quarters to win. The scoreboard pressure applied early made Macedon take the game on and they played a much better second half. Watkins #22 was a major reason Macedon hit back into the match albeit not dragging them over the line. Is he a local or a recruit ? As I reckon that he could play at a higher level if given the opportunity, Congratulations to all clubs who assisted with the running of the day. As a former player in the league the whole day ran as a well oiled machine and it was credit too folks involved.

Well done to Diggers Rest on their win yesterday. The slow start by the Cats ultimately cost them. You always need to play good footy for four quarters to win. The scoreboard pressure applied early made Macedon take the game on and they played a much better second half. Watkins #22 was a major reason Macedon hit back into the match albeit not dragging them over the line. Is he a local or a recruit ? As I reckon that he could play at a higher level if given the opportunity, Congratulations to all clubs who assisted with the running of the day. As a former player in the league the whole day ran as a well oiled machine and it was credit too folks involved.
Watkins a local one of 4 that were 19 1/2 eligible who played yesterday for Macedon.

Another Bombers vs Burras grand final. How many times has that happened? Elliot looks poised to finally win one, ironically against Diggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Bombers vs Burras grand final. How many times has that happened? Elliot looks poised to finally win one, ironically against Diggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Riddell by 23
Wallan by 38
Rupo by 19

Hope it's a good day, hope all teams and supporters are gracious in victory and defeat and hopefully everyone has a great day. Buy plenty of alcohol everybody as Rupo has the bar.

GRAND FINAL RADIO - RDFNL - Sunday September 16
Tune in to 100.7 Highlands FM as it returns for the 2018 Ontime Delivery Solutions RDFNL Grand Final, live from Clarke Oval, Sunbury.

9AM | Pre-game
Join the Highlands FM expert commentary team led by Mr RDFNL Gavin Sporle and Paul Turner. The team will pump up all the big games and bring full insight into how the day will unfold across all football and netball games.

9.30AM | Rupertswood v Wallan - Under 19.5s Football
Rupertswood and Wallan meet again for the second straight year in the quest to who will claim the 2018 premiership. The Sharks have been in every Grand Final in this competition since joining the RDFNL; dropping just two games, to Riddell and Wallan.
This is the battle between the two best teams in the competition and it is fitting that minor premiers Wallan will get a chance to extract revenge on the Sharks who defeated them in the Qualifying Final.
Will Tom Knight have a big game for Wallan or will league leading goal kicker Jacob Chahine kick a winning bag for Rupertswood.
Don't miss a single moment.

12PM | Wallan v Diggers Rest - Reserves Football
This is an important game for Wallan who went down in the Grand Final last year; and like Rupertswood in the Under 19.5s; will look to extract revenge and reverse the result.
Diggers Rest has been the best team in the competition all year with its high scoring and great talent.
Despite the form of the Burras; Wallan has inflicted its only two losses of the season and loom as its stumbling block.
Could it be third time lucky for Diggers Rest and beat Wallan; or will the Black and White Army celebrate another big win over the enemy and celebrate with a premiership cup?

2.45PM | Riddell v Diggers Rest - Senior Football
These two great teams meet again in a Grand Final and if the last meeting in September is as good as the last one; an extra-time thriller; it will be one of the great moments in history.
Tom Gleeson returns to the big stage where he took the most memorable mark in recent memory but he will be out to defy history as the in-form Bombers look to maintain its overall dominance over Diggers Rest on Grand Final day; and in a season where it is looking for 16-straight wins.

How to listen
Ground | 100.7 FM
Region | 100.7 FM
Tune in | https://tunein.com/radio/Highlands-FM-1007-s48863/
Website | highlandsfm.org.au/player

FOOTBALL RADIO IN THE FUTURE
Highlands FM is looking for potential broadcasters to sign up for the 2019 RDFNL season. Fans across the RDFNL have felt the impact of limited radio broadcasts throughout the 2018 season and now is your chance to get involved and be part of a multi-national award winning RDFNL sports radio broadcast team.
For more details; please email - thedesk@highlandsfm.org.au or contact Geoff Murray on 0428 509 525

Highlands FM returning for a one-off to broadcast all three Grand Final games .. if anyone wants to see more games called in 2019.. this is your chance to show your support, put up your hand and get involved because odds are.. this could be the last RDFNL game called on radio for a very long time
You jumping on the Darley Band Wagon Ledg? singing the song in the rooms after the game :) What did you think of the game?

You jumping on the Darley Band Wagon Ledg? singing the song in the rooms after the game :) What did you think of the game?
Haha it's been sung a fair bit over the last few years :p
I only watched the last quarter but that was probably the best because City were kicking with the scoring end .. gutsy win.. if Darmody kicks that goal, City win.. what did you think?

Haha it's been sung a fair bit over the last few years :p
I only watched the last quarter but that was probably the best because City were kicking with the scoring end .. gutsy win.. if Darmody kicks that goal, City win.. what did you think?
7 goal to 2 third quarter was the dif, I wont ask you about the umpiring.

Last night heard something very odd, Has Nick Ash been moved on down at the Tank. Can anyone confirm?

I hope I’ve been fed some BS & this isn’t the case.
Is a good operator IMO.
Had an excellent first season, injuries didn’t help him late in the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last night heard something very odd, Has Nick Ash been moved on down at the Tank. Can anyone confirm?
I hope I’ve been fed some BS & this isn’t the case.
Is a good operator IMO.
Had an excellent first season, injuries didn’t help him late in the year.

$hit you'd hope not :thumbsdown::mad:
Has the shifting at Sunbury Lions got them re-visiting old waters ... or at least thinking about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back