RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who won? What was the score and who won the medals? Seemed like the feedback was it was bad viewing at Clarke, I agree with Skip, not an RDFL facility, don't play it there, take it back to Lancefield or Romsey I say.

Diggers by 20
Tom Gleeson
And yeh not great viewin from certain spots, and the queues for food drink diabolical.

Saying that always love a game of footy, Diggers deserved premiers, Riddell as a collective disappointing today

RDFL Trade period opens tomorrow, always someone willing to play against good mates for $50 more ha ha

Diggers by 20
Tom Gleeson
And yeh not great viewin from certain spots, and the queues for food drink diabolical.

Saying that always love a game of footy, Diggers deserved premiers, Riddell as a collective disappointing today

RDFL Trade period opens tomorrow, always someone willing to play against good mates for $50 more ha ha

I love RDFL trade time!!!

Geez if Diggers get up in the 1's uve had a mare with those tips, Rupo got the 19's n Diggers the twos. Have a great day and go Diggers in the seniors.

Not my day for tippin, but im not nostrimdaus either I got it wrong and admit it. Footy it’s wonderful and frustrating thing all in the space of one day. Congratulations to Rupo, Diggers and Diggers just wish I could have seen half the play I feel so far away when the play is on the opposite side of the ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What was the atmosphere like when kegga held the ball to the crowd? Maybe if the two send offs were in the other side people would be happy? Crowd comparisons? Two sides to every pancake

Some horrible language from my side of the pancake which was a bit of a downer, kinda like some banter last week at Romsey which I’m tipping has left a few young Riddell lads with red faces tonight.

I sat fwd pocket town Melb end on fence just felt like we were miles away even when play was nearby

Big clean expansive Reserve but just seemed to lack something today ... maybe like toilets and tucker options on outer side.

I walked to a tent near bowls club thinking BBQ for young bloke and it was for the Umps ha ha

Last edited:
I sat fwd pocket town Melb end on fence just felt like we were miles away even when play was nearby

Big clean expansive Reserve but just seemed to lack something today ... maybe like toilets and tucker options on outer side.

I walked to a tent near bowls club thinking BBQ for young bloke and it was for the Umps
What's that got to do with my post?
nothing

One of the worst umpiring displays in history. Didn't bother me that it was against Riddell but it made the result only possible with a diggers win. The umps should be ashamed of themselves.... And I heard one is potential vfl!! The rdfl is in big trouble with what I saw today.

One of the worst umpiring displays in history. Didn't bother me that it was against Riddell but it made the result only possible with a diggers win. The umps should be ashamed of themselves.... And I heard one is potential vfl!! The rdfl is in big trouble with what I saw today.
Didn't see the 1's but saw the thirds and the umpiring was terrible, lost control and helped to cause a big blue at 3/4 time. I am with Rupo and albeit didn't cause the result were so bizarre in Rupo's favour. Oh well we all make mistakes. Surprised Wallan didn't win the twos to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Diggers were worthy winners today. More experienced heads. Riddell probably thought they had it in the bag. Never underestimate the underdog. Biggest loosers of the day was the fat cats at the RDFL. Big crowd, big lines for food and grog. Really poor viewing, couldn’t hear the crowd or the umpires whistle on the other side of the ground. Worst Grand final venue. No atmosphere. Try moving the Ballarat grand final to Romsey or Lancefield and see what kind of reception you get. Take it back to Romsey.

Diggers were worthy winners today. More experienced heads. Riddell probably thought they had it in the bag. Never underestimate the underdog. Biggest loosers of the day was the fat cats at the RDFL. Big crowd, big lines for food and grog. Really poor viewing, couldn’t hear the crowd or the umpires whistle on the other side of the ground. Worst Grand final venue. No atmosphere. Try moving the Ballarat grand final to Romsey or Lancefield and see what kind of reception you get. Take it back to Romsey.
Get rid of the southwest teams and you can have it wherever you want:)

Hattrick...... but there was only 2 send offs

Don’t be another sore loser.

Diggers should commemorate this premiership with Taco’s to honour that brain fade that derailed Riddell’s year.

Ground definitely lacked atmosphere and I walked around most of it trying to find a good viewing spot. Thought a yellow in such a huge game was sufficient, but then I didn't have a good view of it.

Well done picking up the bloke who they sent off in the 19.5 game given how many people were involved.

Food and drink cues were horrendous and definitely something which needs fixing. Poor old Itsmyshow needed a feed before the next game, but I think he missed out.

Umpiring was below average throughout the day, but then so were both Wallan teams and Riddell for long periods.

Sutton was again very good and liked the way Matthew Jinkins went about it.

Diggers reserves were great and really looked like they were playing on another field.

Im only a casual viewer, but have always followed riddell for years and get down regually. They were dissapointing today, fired a shot in the last quarter but that was it.

Diggers dominated the air and the game, thoroughly deserved the win, dont think riddell had it won before the game started but i hope the young blokes get in the gym over summer and learn thats what proper physicalty is. If they were cocky before the game they must learn not to be. Big future ahead if they keep driving and learn from experience heads as diggers are. Riddell really lack voice and direction on ground which to me is leadership. Have to rectify this in the pre season. Its what jason allen did so well over the years

Ive never bashed the umpiring but its the worst ive ever seen. That red card changed the game, it was disgraceful and i was right there. Red card should be only if you king hit or punch someone. Besides from that decision they were horrible all day too.

If any final is held at the ground again i wont go. One bbq, one canteen, food sold out before halftime, poorly executed. The people in the canteen worked there arses off and it wasnt there fault. Just poorly executed. Romsey are far better with 2 bbq and canteen. Bar didnt sell softdrink either which is poor if you have a kid who wants softdrink.

Overall it was a poor day, you take it away from great venues in romsey and lancefield. I had a mate who has fowelled footy for years and said its the worst viewing ground for footy he has ever seen and i quite agree. Dont ever go to clarke oval again goldfields as you will not get many going there to watch next time.

Ps sorry for the negative post but the venue is horrible

Ground lacked atmosphere, game lacked atmosphere, umpires were horrendous, and that’s being generous, cos they were horrible to both sides... probably shows where the league is heading under a ‘goldfields comp’....

I didn’t see the game but interesting to note that consensus is that...
1. Very hard to see the play.
2. Umpiring was terrible.
Is it possible that maybe the punters were too far from the action to really know if the umpires calls were correct or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is it possible that maybe the punters were too far from the action to really know if the umpires calls were correct or not.

Ha ha I know at times it felt like I was, not that umpiring ever affects my day at the footy.

Well done to both CLUBS. These two clubs to play in so many grand finals over the last 15 years is amazing and credit to them that they consistently stay at the top of the tree to put themselves in that situation. I thought the Burra controlled the play the entire day, all but for the first 5 minutes and the first 10 minutes of the last when Riddell threw it around a bit and got some good momentum up forward. I think if the game was played at Romsey the result would have been greater as the size of the ground made it harder for the diggers style to score quickly and their defensive structures harder to set up which they are known for. Riddell did have to play with a man down for 1/4 which no doubt would have restricted them but whether the penalties imposed were too harsh or not is a whole other debate as I do not like the red card unless an opposing players is also not able to finish the game or is significantly hampered which I do not believe was the case, yellow card play on. That being said still would have been two yellow cards and the players put themselves in that situation. Well done to lobby in his first year as a senior coach, fairy tale start, must have had good off field support as he played like a trooper with real leadership. For mine him and thomas (33) were clearly best and won the footy all day. For the burra to win the reserves also is a really terrific effort in today's footy with lower numbers and Power has again done a great job and would love to know his record now at reserve level. Does he get a senior gig at some point? The ground itself (inside the fence) makes sense to me, good firm fast track, very rarely effected by weather from a mud pit sense. the community cauldron facilities atmosphere is lancefield and romsey though for mine, but hey you never know if you don't give it a go. I do think a bigger crowd resulted (or seemed to) because of the location. Let downs of the day clearly the food and bevvies and the ability to get anything without missing a quarter a footy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back