RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand final - lancefield
Prelim - romsey
Share all other finals between the other grounds and clubs like it was a few years ago.

Riddell seem to be hitting their straps at the right time of year as they always do, I think if they win this week they are premiership favourites. What are everyone’s thoughts?

I dont get to watch Riddell as much anymore but there list is alot weaker than last years in losin Read, S&T Walsh and Power are massive losses. I no they have gained Urqhart and Foreman but there not as good as the four mentioned. I think it is honestly anyones this year and will be no clear favourite. Even a team finishing 6th can win it this year.

Agree GF venue talk is probably fruitless as the league do what they want. Who can forget when it was widely reported Romsey were in debt to the league and snubbed the league on many fronts yet were provided with the GF that very year (a home GF) so the league will do what they want, consultation is not a word in the RDFNL vocabulary. Don't worry about this week, I would have Riddell as it is, theirs to lose. Looked ordinary early in the year and when the Burra got a hold of them early I thought they had dropped off, but being close in last few years I do not think Riddell has improved that much just noone else has. Romsey had, but this weekend could be the day where they think they wished they had have looked after and kept Jensen. With him they were a chance without, big ?????????????? Wallan, Macedon, Rupo can think what they want, they have not improved and show no sign of consistency to suggest they can win 3/4 finals. Diggers I think have stayed steady and on the day the only team that will beat Riddell, because they believe they can and are not intimidated by Riddell. The others are which is amazing as Riddell have quite a few younger players in their line up.

Agree GF venue talk is probably fruitless as the league do what they want. Who can forget when it was widely reported Romsey were in debt to the league and snubbed the league on many fronts yet were provided with the GF that very year (a home GF) so the league will do what they want, consultation is not a word in the RDFNL vocabulary. Don't worry about this week, I would have Riddell as it is, theirs to lose. Looked ordinary early in the year and when the Burra got a hold of them early I thought they had dropped off, but being close in last few years I do not think Riddell has improved that much just noone else has. Romsey had, but this weekend could be the day where they think they wished they had have looked after and kept Jensen. With him they were a chance without, big ?????????????? Wallan, Macedon, Rupo can think what they want, they have not improved and show no sign of consistency to suggest they can win 3/4 finals. Diggers I think have stayed steady and on the day the only team that will beat Riddell, because they believe they can and are not intimidated by Riddell. The others are which is amazing as Riddell have quite a few younger players in their line up.

Can you elaborate on how Rupo, Wallan, Romsey and Macedon are intimidated by Riddell? Maybe you could cite some examples from 2019 where this was evident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Having the grand final is a pain in the arse.
The only reason Romsey would want it is because they are in with a good chance of playing in it.

The get very little financial help in hosting it considering the hours of work they have to put in get the ground/facilities ready.

Having the grand final is a pain in the arse.
The only reason Romsey would want it is because they are in with a good chance of playing in it.

The get very little financial help in hosting it considering the hours of work they have to put in get the ground/facilities ready.

I’m not sure how it works there but I know my club has catered several central Murray grand finals and it has been a financial windfall each time (not hosted at our own ground)

Think every team will be a chance on their day this year. Injuries I still think will be the key. Riddells top 5 are as good as any and they have Paul who has again established himself as the best player in the comp imo. If i was going to question anything with Riddell it would be their depth, which i think might get found out if they play some other teams at full strength in the finals. They have a few hard games to finish so we will know soon enough. Whether there favourites or not im not sure but they were favourites last year as well so it doesnt really matter.

Listen to the exclusive talk between Woodend/Hesket Football Netball Club president Paul Podbury and Chris Yeend as the pair announce that Senior football coach Tom Carland will no longer coach at the club beyond the end of season 2019 of the RDFNL.

Love ya work Yeendy.Pods has been aloyal servant to the hawks and its great to see him still contributing on and off field.He was an important player in 2002 and 2007 flags which I would think would be the lowest budgeted flags in the last 20 years of Rdfl.
Woodend has battled the last decade due to the fact they dont spend anywhere near the amount needed to make an impact at the pointy end.Appears this season they upped the budget a little and not happy with results.

Last edited:
We could play it in Bali , lovely and warm up here at the moment, had to get out of the constant 10 degree days in Gisborne. Enjoy the cold folks, I will have a Bintang for you all by the pool in Lombok this weekend.
Ya sure gunna miss the 11 degrees and 40 klm winds at Wallan then Humphrey.Will be surprised if a goals kicked towards the north end of ground in the senior game.
Should atleast be 3 competitive games.

Ya sure gunna miss the 11 degrees and 40 klm winds at Wallan then Humphrey.Will be surprised if a goals kicked towards the north end of ground in the senior game.
Should atleast be 3 competitive games.
Ha ha ha yes I’ll miss it, please keep the score updates coming. I will look in between Bintangs. Ashy and the boys can have the wind and cold themselves this weekend.

Play the GF at Lancefield then, they arnt in the finals. I dont think its a massive advantage playing it at home, it wont win you a GF. As pointed out tge MCG holds GF no matter who is in it. I just think for a district league play it on one of the amazing country grounds this league holds. Country charm, good for the town, good for RDFL clubs, dont need to out source to a BFL club in Sunbury so they make more money. We all no Goldfields look after BFL more than RDFL. Anyway Im just repeating myself now, i think ive made my point on this topic.

I think you will find that Sunbury do not make anything from the RDFL hosting the grand final at Clarke Oval ,the RDFL actually hits the ground through the Hume council

I think you will find that Sunbury do not make anything from the RDFL hosting the grand final at Clarke Oval ,the RDFL actually hits the ground through the Hume council

They had the canteen last year mate. Sold out by half time last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come to watch my a family member play reserves at Wallan only to find the behaviour of Wallan personnel even poorer than the horrid conditions. To walk around the ground and watch injured senior, Fowler, shouting out targeted abuse towards reserves from the other team, then hearing the senior coach encouraging and laughing about the poor behaviour and mouthing off by his players is a pretty bad look for a club. Then you walk around further and you have Wallan supporters abusing opposition supporters calling out encouragement to their kids.

Meanwhile in past contests Rupertswood people saved the life of a Wallan youngster. Pretty stark contrast.

Come to watch my a family member play reserves at Wallan only to find the behaviour of Wallan personnel even poorer than the horrid conditions. To walk around the ground and watch injured senior, Fowler, shouting out targeted abuse towards reserves from the other team, then hearing the senior coach encouraging and laughing about the poor behaviour and mouthing off by his players is a pretty bad look for a club. Then you walk around further and you have Wallan supporters abusing opposition supporters calling out encouragement to their kids.

Meanwhile in past contests Rupertswood people saved the life of a Wallan youngster. Pretty stark contrast.
Pretty ordinary post.Lets deal with FACTS.Rupo player(I wont name as he embarrassed himself enough) carried on offering to fight Wallan president and called him a few ordinary names.Fowler said’Ya kickin dew off in the twos ya far ken spa stic just get a kick’.If thats targeted abuse your a spa stic also.Should not of sworn I agree but dont make out any bigger than what was.You wrote that crap during game great effort Mrs Jessop.
Wallan have nothing but respect for Rupo end of story.

Seemed a blowy day in Wallan, scores to one end, great win by the Sharks, 7 changes to their side from last week, 2 debutants, any win at Greenhill is a good win I say.

Rupo too good.Wallan fought out well last 1/4 but damage done.Both just making up numbers in the 6.Sad to see Saladino go down again for pies.Do hope hes not finished.

Rupo too good.Wallan fought out well last 1/4 but damage done.Both just making up numbers in the 6.Sad to see Saladino go down again for pies.Do hope hes not finished.
Big call both teams making up the numbers? Who wins the flag? I think anyone be mad to pick 1 team now, the 6 is pretty even this year.

Pretty ordinary post.Lets deal with FACTS.Rupo player(I wont name as he embarrassed himself enough) carried on offering to fight Wallan president and called him a few ordinary names.Fowler said’Ya kickin dew off in the twos ya far ken spa stic just get a kick’.If thats targeted abuse your a spa stic also.Should not of sworn I agree but dont make out any bigger than what was.You wrote that crap during game great effort Mrs Jessop.
Wallan have nothing but respect for Rupo end of story.
Sounds like a great comment to yell out in public? Not, But if u think it’s ok to use words like the derogatory S Word these days well ya wrong, it ain’t ok at all.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great comment to yell out in public? Not, But if u think it’s ok to use words like the derogatory S Word these days well ya wrong, it ain’t ok at all.

What’s worse? Someone trying to fight the president of the opposition, or saying the ‘s’ word at the opposition?

Very short memory. President & Coach done plenty for the certain 2s player at Rupo over a long period of time.
Coach played in the seconds so I’m not sure your correct with that bit of info by the way.
To compare all that to someone saving somebodies life.
Your a turkey.
Rupo too good in the 1s. Adapted to the conditions quicker than Wallan & made more of the breeze.
Play on bring on RD.15.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very short memory. President & Coach done plenty for the certain 2s player at Rupo over a long period of time.
Coach played in the seconds so I’m not sure your correct with that bit of info by the way.
To compare all that to someone saving somebodies life.
Your a turkey.
Rupo too good in the 1s. Adapted to the conditions quicker than Wallan & made more of the breeze.
Play on bring on RD.15.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m on holidays but I just wondered how many did Wallan’s Perri kick today? I did notice he kicked 21 against Rockbank a couple of weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back