RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not close enuf to answer that question sorry, was around in the summer so can say that Tommy did work hard and dropped a lot of weight. Not sure he is in Rupo’s best 22, but with Chambers, canollo, mcCrorie, Murphy, Scanlon, Dyl Pods plus Jake Sutton all to come into yesterday’s side it is no slight on him. Can’t comment on anything that happened yesterday, I wasn’t there.
I watched a lot of Rupo reserves and Knight has talent and had some good games just not got to the point of taking a key position in a strong ones 18.

Very disappointed to see my previous posts taken down from this forum as the posts where factual and relevant.Think the moderator has sadly dropped the ball on what is traditionally a decent forum.

Very disappointed to see my previous posts taken down from this forum as the posts where factual and relevant.Think the moderator has sadly dropped the ball on what is traditionally a decent forum.

What's even more disappointing is, seeing a fellow Wallan supporter bagging me for no good reason.

I actually have a life and part of that life requires me being at work, usually T - S only this month it's stock take time so off I headed. I also have limited internet where I am and I hate using my phone for moderating purposes because it's a bit of a pain in the butt. So I did what I could and would've done any others later on. Maybe just try being a bit patient next time.

Until recently though Diggers has a long history of choking in finals to Riddell. History changes. Not sure but have Diggers ever beaten Rupo in a senior final?.. not sure. Anyone know the record between the two for finals
Wasn't 2017 the first year rupo ever won a final ? pretty sure they beat Diggers that year to make the Granny. So id be guessing diggers record would be much better.. but not sure ..

Riddell have plenty of injuries at the moment as well..
Diggers have had heaps out all year and so have rupo..
not as simple as just coming back in and playing well either, hopefully the guys who have been missing can at least play 3 before finals otherwise there not going to make that much of a difference anyway..

Heard at work this morning that Lancefield (like Broadford) may be having a round table chat of sorts with members in the coming weeks about their options going forward ... not in terms of league's but perhaps "how do we best continue".

Again this aint a GoldFields issue in entirety, but those higher up the food chain need to (PLEASE) come out and reveal what the staewide plan is in the immediate future. We all love our footy, and what it has given us over the years in terms of community based enjoyment, friendships, social networking etc but conversations over the weekend with some footy folk in two neighbouring regions has me seriously concerned now.

We know some RDFL folk read this and report back, even sign up under a dodgy non de plume and disclose something???

Heard at work this morning that Lancefield (like Broadford) may be having a round table chat of sorts with members in the coming weeks about their options going forward ... not in terms of league's but perhaps "how do we best continue".

Again this aint a GoldFields issue in entirety, but those higher up the food chain need to (PLEASE) come out and reveal what the staewide plan is in the immediate future. We all love our footy, and what it has given us over the years in terms of community based enjoyment, friendships, social networking etc but conversations over the weekend with some footy folk in two neighbouring regions has me seriously concerned now.

We know some RDFL folk read this and report back, even sign up under a dodgy non de plume and disclose something???
Correct Doona
7.30 pm
Tomorrow night 23rd July.
Laurie Green Pavilion. (Social rooms) at the Lancefield football ground.

From all the media that I have read in recent weeks, AFL Victoria and/or their hubs are currently undertaking or are about to undertake league structure reviews affecting the following leagues:
Alberton, Central Murray, Golden Rivers, Ellinbank & District, Kyabram District, Mid Gippsland, Mininera & District, Mornington Peninsula Nepean, Murray, North Central, Ovens & King, Outer East, Tallangatta & District, Upper Murray and West Gippsland.

These include the official winding up of the Alberton, the future of the Golden Rivers, the issue of the best fit for the clubs in the outer south east suburbs (Dandenong to Pakenham), the winding up of the Upper Murray league and the creation of two composite sides to join the Tallangatta league and also the creation of a Seymour-based league for northern Outer East clubs, struggling south-eastern GM region teams and potentially a Riddell team or two.

On top of this, there are also increasing calls for change in the Central Highlands and Maryborough-Castlemaine leagues (merger and divisionalising clubs) and also the Riddell District.

Sounds like AFL Victoria staff are going to be earning their wages over the next few months.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct Doona
7.30 pm
Tomorrow night 23rd July.
Laurie Green Pavilion. (Social rooms) at the Lancefield football ground.
Good luck to all involved,

Really hopeful a good showing of current and former Tiger faithful (same re: old school Red and Black's and Kangaroos at Broadford tomorrow night) that can allow for a genuine "round table" discussion, rid of emotion but with a clear united pathway the end result for junior through to senior level transition.

Outside of the flags and photo's in all our respective clubrooms, we clearly are custodians trying our darndest voluntarily to maintain long standing histories and community interaction can still be an option for the next generation of local girls and boys.

Best of wishes to both clubs.

From all the media that I have read in recent weeks, AFL Victoria and/or their hubs are currently undertaking or are about to undertake league structure reviews affecting the following leagues:
Alberton, Central Murray, Golden Rivers, Ellinbank & District, Kyabram District, Mid Gippsland, Mininera & District, Mornington Peninsula Nepean, Murray, North Central, Ovens & King, Outer East, Tallangatta & District, Upper Murray and West Gippsland.

These include the official winding up of the Alberton, the future of the Golden Rivers, the issue of the best fit for the clubs in the outer south east suburbs (Dandenong to Pakenham), the winding up of the Upper Murray league and the creation of two composite sides to join the Tallangatta league and also the creation of a Seymour-based league for northern Outer East clubs, struggling south-eastern GM region teams and potentially a Riddell team or two.

On top of this, there are also increasing calls for change in the Central Highlands and Maryborough-Castlemaine leagues (merger and divisionalising clubs) and also the Riddell District.

Sounds like AFL Victoria staff are going to be earning their wages over the next few months.
I can't help but feel it may be a little too late for some :'(

Unfortunately a lot of the most vocal or those with genuine compassionate opinion based on lifelong contributions and generations of support have been ignored for years around the various districts because they may be deemed "trouble makers."

The amount of conversation I've encountered with friends and peers and mentors made across 20 years of country football, mostly allude to the same 1-2 outcomes, but for some reason the one's repsonsible for the actual decisions still sit somewhat silent.
I would've gave anything to have been involved in genuine workshop type communications about football in the area I live and have participated in but opportunities have never been forthcoming.

Sadly opinions in a lot of industry (not just local sport) only matter if they align with the one's in charge, let's just hope that the day the one's in charge "choose" to listen to the soldiers on the front line that again it .... isn't too late.

With the youth that we have today and their motivations for doing things, it will be highly likely that there will be less people playing senior sport over the next 10-15 years, which will mean that change will be inevitable (remember the VCFL had something like 60 senior leagues back in the 1980s, this year we have 40 with the strong likelihood that a further two - Alberton and Upper Murray - will be gone by year's end).

Whether these changes are minor or major will be dependent upon factors such as the region, population, the distance between clubs, proximity to regional centres, whether neighbouring competitions need to merge for sport in the area to either thrive or survive, etc.

Sometimes clubs and leagues have to concede ground for a better longer-term outcome for all, especially in a sporting landscape. This means merging leagues and potentially creating divisional football. But the significant majority of us are resistant to doing this, especially when holding the upper hand or if certain teams are on the canvas or else if the proposed changes result in the need for additional travel.

Independent reviews are necessary to remove conflicts of interest or vested interests in the process and, as such, need to be viewed holistically for the benefit of all rather than just your own club. That said, club considerations do need to be taken into account in the process.

If nothing changes, clubs and leagues will suffer. Delaying change for 5-10 years may prove to be more damaging.

If changes are made, the probability will be that football and netball will continue to be part of the local fabric into the longer-term future.

Last edited:
Did anyone else see the footage floating around of an incident in the Diggers Rupo game last week that involved grigg? shocking look .. surprised nothing came of it..

Last edited:
Did anyone else see the footage floating around of an incident in the Diggers Rupo game last week that involved grigg? shocking look .. surprised nothing come of it..
[/QUOTE

Resulted in a free kick and then gave away a 50m penalty aswell, that’s the kind of dumb stuff that looses teams big games and finals!!

Did anyone else see the footage floating around of an incident in the Diggers Rupo game last week that involved grigg? shocking look .. surprised nothing came of it..

I didn’t see it but heard someone put the video up on Facebook but took it down for obvious reasons. diggers film every game so if it was bad you would think they would have taken it to the league.

Do you think it deserved weeks wadds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back