RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Kilmore fc looking for prac match on match 21st , our ground is available to host & we field U19s - Ressies - seniors
PM if keen or call senior coach Nathan on 0405106516

Few moving on at the Tank
Some 2’s leaving for better opportunities elsewhere, must be hard to crack into a side that wins the GF I’d imagine. Some retirements from last years 1’s and some leaving because of VFL alignments, training would indicate Rupo will be ok and have picked up some good running types. Also welcoming back 4 1 pointers who have senior experience, going ok.

Matt Bonello and Tallan Wright (Ex-Greenvale) should be pretty handy recruits for Wallan

Work has meant I've seen very little of the team in the off season and I'll be cruising the Sth Pacific during trials. I did notice key players looking in good shape and the young fella says that's still the case.

Reckon we'll be in for a pretty good contest for the top 5 with most most clubs looking to have strengthened their lists.

Riddell looking for a practice match football and netball 4/4/2020
Seniors Reserves Under 19.5
A grade B grade C grade Under 19.5
Please contact Andrew Power 0418510299

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went past Riddell the first night back at training for the year. Easily had over 40 there which for them at this time of the year is very good. Lost there 2 best players in Sahlberg and Ross which are huge losses but be intetesting to see were they finish. The new ruckman from gissy is highly rated from blokes that have played with him in the past.

Rockbank had 20 or so at training. From there recruits lets hope they improve. A good club.

Any news on Romsey/Lancefield?

I’ve always found it fascinating that at this time of year clubs always want to talk about numbers on the track but it never comes up in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of excitment and good press at this time of year is good. Granted a long way to go to the business end which matters the most but it shows the club is alive/well and trying to improve. No different to AFL clubs saying every year its our best pre season ever.

Bit of excitment and good press at this time of year is good. Granted a long way to go to the business end which matters the most but it shows the club is alive/well and trying to improve. No different to AFL clubs saying every year its our best pre season ever.

Yes that always cracks me up too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty quiet on here atm so thought id throw something fro left field.

If the RDFL want to use Clarke oval as a grand final venue is it worth pumping money into the facilty buy goldfields, Sunbury FC, council and the goverment. In my own opinon the ground is woeful for viewing football. Is it worth repositing the ground smaller and closer to the rooms. Create 2 bays worth of carpark to the bowls club sign and make it a better viewing ground that is a better size buy moving the fence, making the ground a litte bit smaller and creating more car park spots. The more car spots would help with the events the hold thru the year like the dog show plus the GF ect. Make it a preimer facilty for the region.

Just a thought.

If the RDFL want to use Clarke oval as a grand final venue is it worth pumping money into the facilty buy goldfields, Sunbury FC, council and the goverment. In my own opinon the ground is woeful for viewing football. Is it worth repositing the ground smaller and closer to the rooms. Create 2 bays worth of carpark to the bowls club sign and make it a better viewing ground that is a better size buy moving the fence, making the ground a litte bit smaller and creating more car park spots. The more car spots would help with the events the hold thru the year like the dog show plus the GF ect. Make it a preimer facilty for the region.

Just a thought.
I don’t like the idea.
rdfnl clubs put money into a ground that many don’t like, only play on during finals.
and if the rumors are true is in a suburb that has no rdfnl clubs in come2021. I don’t think so.

Why not use Gardiner reserve neutral venue, where it will not be played on for a month and be in perfect Nick. Also centrally located within the league

Just a thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back