RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You think you know so much.... Long time Riddell players took pay cuts at the start of the year/end of 2023 due to the heavy recruiting Riddell were planning. They knew they were needed for a flag. My mail is players are playing for less than agreed upon also to make the list stronger. Diggers, Wallan, Romsey all would be doing what they can to get under also.
Are you laughing Humphrey cos Riddell got the 6 Rupo players for way less money because it's a good club?

Are you laughing Humphrey cos Riddell got the 6 Rupo players for way less money because it's a good club?
Nah I’m laughing cos it’s the usual crap that clubs speak, nah all these blokes came for the friendship, culture n kinship to win a flag. What a great load of bollocks. Riddell got 6 Rupo players cos Rupo’s a basket case, they paid them a truck load of cash and that’s all.

Ventured out to watch the last half of Diggers v Macedon on Saturday to see the standard and take some notes of the better players. TBH it’s my time venturing out to Riddell league in quite some time. I know the weather wasn’t ideal but there was hardly any atmosphere at all. Not many supporters on the club room wing area and they were all spaced out. What I noticed was a lot of people in cars around the far wing. Not many people buying beers from the outside bbq tent either.

On the game (only 2nd half) it was free flowing and reasonable standard I guess. Probably a bit similar to EDFL div1 mid range teams although a bit more uncontested style compared to EDFL div1. I didn’t see Jensen or Day playing. Campbell playing as a loose defender was difficult for Macedon to get pass in that quarter. Myers kicked a couple in the last quarter playing as a deep forward, and even coach Lobb was getting hit up on the lead. Macedon were competitive but probably needed to play a defensive forward to stay on Campbell in that quarter.
Won’t give anything further but did like a few of the Macedon players as they run hard and compete well 😉

As I said I only attended a half but wasn’t a fan of the atmosphere at the ground. Is this normal for Riddell league?? Or was it just that type of set up at Diggers where it’s a big community style set up rather than the older club room set up where everyone mingles around with a bit of banter. Plus the cars around the ground..Not sure it helps the club revenue with beer sales and hardly seen anyone go to the canteen/bbq food during my time.

Cheers
Turbo.

Ventured out to watch the last half of Diggers v Macedon on Saturday to see the standard and take some notes of the better players. TBH it’s my time venturing out to Riddell league in quite some time. I know the weather wasn’t ideal but there was hardly any atmosphere at all. Not many supporters on the club room wing area and they were all spaced out. What I noticed was a lot of people in cars around the far wing. Not many people buying beers from the outside bbq tent either.

On the game (only 2nd half) it was free flowing and reasonable standard I guess. Probably a bit similar to EDFL div1 mid range teams although a bit more uncontested style compared to EDFL div1. I didn’t see Jensen or Day playing. Campbell playing as a loose defender was difficult for Macedon to get pass in that quarter. Myers kicked a couple in the last quarter playing as a deep forward, and even coach Lobb was getting hit up on the lead. Macedon were competitive but probably needed to play a defensive forward to stay on Campbell in that quarter.
Won’t give anything further but did like a few of the Macedon players as they run hard and compete well 😉

As I said I only attended a half but wasn’t a fan of the atmosphere at the ground. Is this normal for Riddell league?? Or was it just that type of set up at Diggers where it’s a big community style set up rather than the older club room set up where everyone mingles around with a bit of banter. Plus the cars around the ground..Not sure it helps the club revenue with beer sales and hardly seen anyone go to the canteen/bbq food during my time.

Cheers
Turbo.
You went to the wrong ground turbo. I personally don’t like diggers new set up but I don’t like any new ground/rooms. I much rather Riddell, Kyneton, Macedon set ups as their lovely grounds with good atmosphere and love reading history of the clubs on honour boards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You went to the wrong ground turbo. I personally don’t like diggers new set up but I don’t like any new ground/rooms. I much rather Riddell, Kyneton, Macedon set ups as their lovely grounds with good atmosphere and love reading history of the clubs on honour boards.
Weather probably had something to do with it. Small crowd at East Sunbury also.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cheers
Turbo.
Cmon Turbos -give us a heads up
Which players signatures are you hoping to have by seasons end at your home club from the game. If I’m a betting man I’m guessing a couple Macedon players who live in Essendon/Aberfeldie?

Could be certain you weren’t there to just test out the hamburgers.

Yeah Kyneton set up with the old grandstand is great and do like Riddell set up. Haven’t been to Macedons ground mate.

Cmon Turbos -give us a heads up
Which players signatures are you hoping to have by seasons end at your home club from the game. If I’m a betting man I’m guessing a couple Macedon players who live in Essendon/Aberfeldie?

Could be certain you weren’t there to just test out the hamburgers.
Can’t disclose buddy, but was a bit late for a Burra burger as already eaten. Had a cold northern though just to be involved and support. They charged me $6:12?? Was that the card surcharge?? Bit silly of them as that’s not the normal process at every other club I’ve been to ever..

Can’t disclose buddy, but was a bit late for a Burra burger as already eaten. Had a cold northern though just to be involved and support. They charged me $6:12?? Was that the card surcharge?? Bit silly of them as that’s not the normal process at every other club I’ve been to ever..
Not connecting to Diggers but most likely they use square or similar. Pay cash no surcharge😎

As for the football Diggers has a heap out. Probably had 6+ players out and are getting some older players to help out

Not connecting to Diggers but most likely they use square or similar. Pay cash no surcharge😎

As for the football Diggers has a heap out. Probably had 6+ players out and are getting some older players to help out
Leo any reason why Jensan was running around in the 12pm game when they have so many out?

He has resigned
There is a post on Facebook from the club.
Personally I’m sad Tim’s a great bloke who put in a lot of hard work.

Merger on the cards here ? Romsey / lancefield have done it before in juniors and it makes perfect sense

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haven’t been to Macedons ground mate.

Best trip in the comp by far. Just getting there is awesome. So pretty.

People do tend to sit in cars and watch the games though, probably because it's easier with a lot of parking around the ground at most venues. Toot, toot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back