RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems the quarters at Macedon v Wallan were a bit different all quarters seemed longer with the 2nd going over 29 min (6 goals) and the 3rd 25 min+ with (2 goals)
Everyone in there cars the footy not getting retrieved quickly from over the fence,
that’s when umpires call time,

I was at the riddle game the footy got stuck under a car few times no one wanted to get dirty and retrieve it,
until one of the players jumped the fence and got it

Anyone know what happened to Diggers yesterday. Didn’t kick a goal in either footy grade?

You would think before yesterday the Top 5 was a lock with Macedon having a much easier run home than Kyneton.

However you’d have to think now Kyneton would give themselves some hope of pulling off an upset next week, coming off a bye and small freshen up. Season on the line, will be interesting to see how they go.

Would still think Macedon is in the box seat with remaining games against

Lancefield
woodend
Melton
Romsey

Whilst Kyneton have

Diggers Rest
Lancefield
Woodend
Wallen

Kyneton would need to win 3 at least and hope Woodend can upset Macedon.

At the top end are we all but locking in a Riddell vs Wallan Grand Final.
Has there been any word on Riddell recruits sticking around for a 2nd year or is it all eggs in the one basket for a Premiership then the cheque book will tighten up a bit. Credit to them for fitting all these quality players in on $300 a game. Would be the envy of every club in Australia to get the likes of Galea, Olgive etc for $300-$400 this year but you would think they might ask for a few extra $ to stay around for a second year?

Anyone know what happened to Diggers yesterday. Didn’t kick a goal in either footy grade?

You would think before yesterday the Top 5 was a lock with Macedon having a much easier run home than Kyneton.

However you’d have to think now Kyneton would give themselves some hope of pulling off an upset next week, coming off a bye and small freshen up. Season on the line, will be interesting to see how they go.

Would still think Macedon is in the box seat with remaining games against

Lancefield
woodend
Melton
Romsey

Whilst Kyneton have

Diggers Rest
Lancefield
Woodend
Wallen

Kyneton would need to win 3 at least and hope Woodend can upset Macedon.

At the top end are we all but locking in a Riddell vs Wallan Grand Final.
Has there been any word on Riddell recruits sticking around for a 2nd year or is it all eggs in the one basket for a Premiership then the cheque book will tighten up a bit. Credit to them for fitting all these quality players in on $300 a game. Would be the envy of every club in Australia to get the likes of Galea, Olgive etc for $300-$400 this year but you would think they might ask for a few extra $ to stay around for a second year?
Haha those 2 on much more than figure 😂😂

Everyone in there cars the footy not getting retrieved quickly from over the fence,
that’s when umpires call time,

I was at the riddle game the footy got stuck under a car few times no one wanted to get dirty and retrieve it,
until one of the players jumped the fence and got it

Bloke kicking in had to retrieve the ball virtually every time or with it getting back to the centre.

Bloke kicking in had to retrieve the ball virtually every time or with it getting back to the centre.
Only 3 points in the 2nd quarter and 4 in the 3rd and the nets stopped the majority of balls and yes I was there. Just seemed funny that after discussions on here about short quarters the next game quarters were longer.

Only 3 points in the 2nd quarter and 4 in the 3rd and the nets stopped the majority of balls and yes I was there. Just seemed funny that after discussions on here about short quarters the next game quarters were longer.

I guess. 1st was 25, 2nd longer for some reason, 3rd 26, 4th 24. Only 1 real oddity.

Good standard given the conditions. I thought (CMIIW) Tate Wilson was very good. I think that was him.

Clash jumpers.

Macedon v Wallan has them now with (oddly) the home team in the clash jumper
think it will become easier as reversible jumpers are everywhere in melbourne and aparently not expensive maybe clubs in the rdfl havent updated or change sponsors to force the need to considr it. and to be fair clubs pushing for flags would prefer i think to use the money on players than something like an away top for once mayb twice a seeson

readoing the bendigo page and the subscribrs seem to think the bfl staff or local paper gather most there info from big footy. maybe your league people read along on here to. seems lazy whatever works i suppose

think it will become easier as reversible jumpers are everywhere in melbourne and aparently not expensive maybe clubs in the rdfl havent updated or change sponsors to force the need to considr it. and to be fair clubs pushing for flags would prefer i think to use the money on players than something like an away top for once mayb twice a seeson
My home club uses a home strip and away strip and the are just the one single reversible guernsey

Wallan only wears it against Macedon and in reality it's the only game where it needs to. It certainly avoids the clash of games gone past.

Can anyone on here shed some light on the diggers rest situation? what on earth went down at riddell on the weekend and please don't say theyre smashed with injuries. Theyve just come off beating Wallan in Wallan so what can sriously change that much in the space of a weak and to get embarrassed by your biggest rival too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone on here shed some light on the diggers rest situation? what on earth went down at riddell on the weekend and please don't say theyre smashed with injuries. Theyve just come off beating Wallan in Wallan so what can sriously change that much in the space of a weak and to get embarrassed by your biggest rival too?

Riddell are a very good side who got a heap better with all those Rupo boys playing for them. They're red hot favourites to win it and in reality the best thing to do is, to finish top 3 which sets you up nicely for a shot at the Premiership despite Riddell being a clear number 1.

I'd say with Wallan getting Carlisle and having their gun mid return last week, on top of a dominant win over Macedon (Riddell could only manage 11 pts and 5 pts), they would be the favourites at the moment. Riddell are good and have beaten Wallan, bit not without those two. I'd reckon it's anyone's out of Diggers, Riddell and Wallan, rather than Riddell being clear favourites.

Riddell are a very good side who got a heap better with all those Rupo boys playing for them. They're red hot favourites to win it and in reality the best thing to do is, to finish top 3 which sets you up nicely for a shot at the Premiership despite Riddell being a clear number 1.
And Don’t forget the coach

Pretty sure you're understating Wallan’s recruits mate.

I think I saw the team coming together nicely on the weekend. Langborne C, Evans, Baccari and Vilinskis still to come back.

I'd say with Wallan getting Carlisle and having their gun mid return last week, on top of a dominant win over Macedon (Riddell could only manage 11 pts and 5 pts), they would be the favourites at the moment. Riddell are good and have beaten Wallan, bit not without those two. I'd reckon it's anyone's out of Diggers, Riddell and Wallan, rather than Riddell being clear favourites.

Fair comment.

And Don’t forget the coach

Outstanding coach and a top bloke. Lot of similarities between Skip and Nugget.

Well played nice deflection Riddell keep telling everyone that

Strong rumours circulating about Daniel Toman signing on with the Gisborne Giants for 2025 . Great start to them putting together a senior list for next year if true .
actually heard this one a few weeks back down at an edfl game but didnt know a lot about the player. good on them for having a go at laying strong foundations from day one. i was never a fan of seeing guys happy to play against previous clubs or team mates but no one seems to care anymore with the dollars on offewr in football.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back