RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

not all over this but does anyone genuinelty know why they left the rdfl let alone why the left thew hdfl. bendigo league even out of desperation seems a strange option for both parties. why hasnt the afl not hopped in a helped braodford see reason and place them back in the rdfl or hdfl which i wouldve thought both leagues in there situations are viable options as they seem proactive and wanting to grow.

Looked like a good mix of finals venues last year.

Surely Diggers hit back this week, although Kyneton have a lot to play for. Diggers by 18
Macedon by 28 over Lancefield
Riddell by 82 over Melton
Huge game for Woodend. Romsey by 20

Kyneton by 14 v Diggers
Macedon by 36 v Lancefeild
Riddell by 31 v Melton
Romsey by 43 v Woodend

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Bendigo league thread is suggesting that Broadford is having talks with the Bendigo league about joining for 2025.
Interesting move for a club currently in recess seeing as they'd be better suited to the Riddell league.
Would they not get belted by 300 points each week in that comp!? It'd be like popping them into NFNL Div 1

On SM-X900 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some huge games coming up for teams 2-6 especially Kyneton and Macedon who are fighting it out for 5th.
I’m tipping Kyneton to take the last spot in the 5
Just cast an eye over points used each game
All the sides in the 5 bar Macedon have ample room in their points system
Week in week out Macedon are at full capacity points wise and aren’t exactly setting the world on fire
Wrong recruitment that shows

Kyneton knocking over diggers at home is something not many have managed to do over the past few years
Having said that have heard a whisper that all is not well at the diggers internally

Riddell v Romsey grand final for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Week in week out Macedon are at full capacity points wise and aren’t exactly setting the world on fire

Kyneton knocking over diggers at home is something not many have managed to do over the past few years
Having said that have heard a whisper that all is not well at the diggers internally

Riddle vs Wallan for me

Interesting last 3 games.

Macedon v Woodend (too hard to call, but say Macedon at home) Melton away (should W) then Romsey at home. Romsey should win.

Kyneton v Lancefield (W) Woodend (not sure, but should W) then Wallan at home. Obviously I'm going to tip Wallan, but with everything on the line you never know. If Wallan have a top 3 spot sewn up then it will be interesting.

Three of those Macedon points players (Hay, Cooke and Wilson) are 17/18 years old so it’s not always straightforward regarding player points and recruiting so to speak

I understand romsey getting the grand final but I personally would have loved to see the grand final at Kyneton. Great ground, grandstand plus public transport if needed for spectators
The grandstand definitely would be good , however the surface at Romsey is far superior to anything else in the competition.
I don’t think Netball court at Kyneton is up to scratch either.

I understand romsey getting the grand final but I personally would have loved to see the grand final at Kyneton. Great ground, grandstand plus public transport if needed for spectators
Great for Kyneton to get to host the preliminary final in there first season , they know how to put on a great day

Three of those Macedon points players (Hay, Cooke and Wilson) are 17/18 years old so it’s not always straightforward regarding player points and recruiting so to speak
recruting juniors perhaps and with that comes points.
everyone whinging about keilor on edfl page mayeb macedon do the same with juniors.
saying that a colleagues son went to a new club last season because the local club didnt have a team. copped points and has missed sniors opportunity due to that.
hopefully your comp gets rid of the under 19 but play 20 year olds next year as letting young men hide in underage football doesnt always turn out well for smaller clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back