RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely horrible ruling if you ask me.
was only full aware of it after a trip to RDFL last week. if its all about giants keeping a group together for 2025 yet they win a comp then it’ll definitely remain with an * in they eyes of everyone else. i am told though that only 2 of your clubs didn’t utilise an exemption this year so perhaps other conversations need to be had otherwise this remains an ongoing issue.

disclaimer like all the covid titles awarded in i think it was 2021. still cant believe there are clubrooms with premiership flags or photos on display from that period.

2024 RDFNL TEAM OF THE YEAR PREDICTION

FB: Ed Ferguson (Macedon) Ben Sonogan (Riddell) Brodie Gilchrist (Wallan)

HB: Nathan Blair (Romsey) Evan Donoghue (Melton) Callum Williamson (Riddell)

C: Sean Morris (Wallan) Kamen Ogilvie ( Riddell) Reuben Rode ( Wallan)

HF: Dylan Tarczon (Riddell) Shaun Campbell (Diggers Rest) Corey Pertzel (Romsey)

FF: Darcy Lockens (Romsey) Dean Galea (Riddell) Jason Cooke ( Macedon)

R: Chris Stewart( Wallan) Daniel Toman (Woodend) Caleb Fisher ( Kyneton)

INT: Campbell Wearne ( Diggers Rest) Riley Omeara ( Lancefield) Haydn Ross (Riddell) James Gaff (Kyneton)

Coach: Aaron Bray (Riddell)

Any ins or outs from you guys? This is just from what i have seen this year while going off who i have seen be invited to the awards night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

2024 RDFNL TEAM OF THE YEAR PREDICTION

FB: Ed Ferguson (Macedon) Ben Sonogan (Riddell) Brodie Gilchrist (Wallan)

HB: Nathan Blair (Romsey) Evan Donoghue (Melton) Callum Williamson (Riddell)

C: Sean Morris (Wallan) Kamen Ogilvie ( Riddell) Reuben Rode ( Wallan)

HF: Dylan Tarczon (Riddell) Shaun Campbell (Diggers Rest) Corey Pertzel (Romsey)

FF: Darcy Lockens (Romsey) Dean Galea (Riddell) Jason Cooke ( Macedon)

R: Chris Stewart( Wallan) Daniel Toman (Woodend) Caleb Fisher ( Kyneton)

INT: Campbell Wearne ( Diggers Rest) Riley Omeara ( Lancefield) Haydn Ross (Riddell) James Gaff (Kyneton)

Coach: Aaron Bray (Riddell)

Any ins or outs from you guys? This is just from what i have seen this year while going off who i have seen be invited to the awards night.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not a bad first post in the thread from you Sticky

Anyone hear SEN this morning, they have pretty much declared Andrew Gaff will be joining his brother James at Kyneton next year.

Would he be the biggest signing in league history?

Anyone hear SEN this morning, they have pretty much declared Andrew Gaff will be joining his brother James at Kyneton next year.

Would he be the biggest signing in league history?
Great for the club and the league if it's true. Hearing the Grimes brothers heading to Diggers also!

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will get in. It was a silent vote. Senior clubs voted against and junior clubs voted in favour. More junior clubs than seniors. I personally think it’s a terrible decision as it will cause an unbalanced senior fixture.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What do you mean by unbalanced mate? With Giants coming in also the RDFL goes from 9 clubs to 11 in the Senior Fixture - meaning there's still 1 team with a bye each week

Ah yeah understood - RDFL miss out on 1 x matchup being repeated. Not sure that's the end of the world or a decent enough reason to knock back the growth of a league.

No
To play each side twice requires a 22 week season each side plays 20 games and has two byes.
18 round season like this year will mean sides playing 6 sides twice and four sides once with 2 byes or
20 round with 8 sides twice and 2 sides once and two byes.

Last edited:
Ah yeah understood - RDFL miss out on 1 x matchup being repeated. Not sure that's the end of the world or a decent enough reason to knock back the growth of a league.

No
To play each side twice requires a 22 week season each side plays 20 games and has two byes.
Which the RDFL won't do so you'd expect to scale the matchups based on team strength? I would imagine it would be pretty poor for the league to have Lancefield play Diggers 2x instead of another closer matched team?

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back