RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone hear SEN this morning, they have pretty much declared Andrew Gaff will be joining his brother James at Kyneton next year.

Would he be the biggest signing in league history?
Hearing his definitely returning to Melb but as yet Kyneton haven’t spoken to him. But yes agree sensational for club and league if true.

surely its a done deal who other than Melton centrals would genuinely have any significant concerns.
hats off to the rdfl it wasnt that long ago talk had the league was on its last legs.
many down here have issue with the edfl decision makers but that dosnt seem to happen with your current set up.
I heard that presidents had a meeting without league present. They don’t want a 11 team comp.
The meeting was a month or so ago, things may have changed otherwise what’s the slay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good decision for all, however it now puts Centrals in an awkward position as they have no coach and were hoping the vote was against South.
Article states:
79% voted yes with still more to vote
60% were senior competing clubs thus far.
They've signed a coach... Not sure why they haven't announced it yet. Ex Wallan assistant who's been around footy for a long time.

They've signed a coach... Not sure why they haven't announced it yet. Ex Wallan assistant who's been around footy for a long time.
Could they have been waiting till see if South got in? Are they considering a move to another league hence the holding off on announcements. I guess it changes the whole dynamics for centrals now!

Good decision for all, however it now puts Centrals in an awkward position as they have no coach and were hoping the vote was against South.
Article states:
79% voted yes with still more to vote
60% were senior competing clubs thus far.
Centrals without a doubt the biggest loser with south entering. Would be a pretty easy decision for any player choosing between the two I would think. The local derby also doesn't benefit centrals a great deal financially as they don't have a gate at Arnolds creek.

Centrals without a doubt the biggest loser with south entering. Would be a pretty easy decision for any player choosing between the two I would think. The local derby also doesn't benefit centrals a great deal financially as they don't have a gate at Arnolds creek.
Don’t they have gate takings $$ at centrals? Wow didn’t know that. That’s difficult to sustain as a lot of $$ lost due to that.

Don’t they have gate takings $$ at centrals? Wow didn’t know that. That’s difficult to sustain as a lot of $$ lost due to that.

You have it in for Centrals ? Would have thougt Melton Sth having a neighbouring rival would be exciting for them. Not every club needs to spend massive cash to try compete for a flag every year, Souths of all clubs surely can respect that after splashing bucketloads for 1 or 2 wins a year!

Centrals have a passionate supporter base, always represent post game when travelling and have a very solid Netball program. Hopefully the rest of the Panthers faithful don’t think like you and embrace the new rival, can only be healthy for both going forward.

You have it in for Centrals ? Would have thougt Melton Sth having a neighbouring rival would be exciting for them. Not every club needs to spend massive cash to try compete for a flag every year, Souths of all clubs surely can respect that after splashing bucketloads for 1 or 2 wins a year!

Centrals have a passionate supporter base, always represent post game when travelling and have a very solid Netball program. Hopefully the rest of the Panthers faithful don’t think like you and embrace the new rival, can only be healthy for both going forward.

Agree with most of what you said but sorry mate... Centrals dont travel. Worst team to host. Nobody comes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure I actually criticised centrals in any way but you made it out I did. But what do you know!!
Also I think Melton have capacity for 3 teams but maybe being in 3 different leagues at different levels gives a point of difference. At present it’s rated
#1 Melton Bloods “obviously”
#2 Melton South - only just, but playing a higher league gives them 2nd position!! As well as the history of South..
#3 Melton Centrals

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back