RDFNL 2025 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Given this league was rated below Northern Div 2 I would think he's going to be a pretty decent recruit.
Aucklander so where do you think Wallan would finish in NFNL
Been in RDFL for 15 years and havent won a thing, talk a big game but have nothing to show for it
Would they make finals in NFNL Division 3, maybe

Wallan have announced Jeremy Hayes from Hillside. Good pick up.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jeremy is a very solid player. Strong inside mid and absolute ripping person. Great pick up. Can only assume his good mate Victor is also heading out to Wallan. Both will give you 💯 every week. Victor has had some injuries of late but his an absolute bull. If his at his best look out in this competition

Aucklander so where do you think Wallan would finish in NFNL

They'd win your Div 3 and finish mid-table in Div 2. Riddell and Diggers would do the same maybe even go 1 better in Div 2.

Been in RDFL for 15 years and havent won a thing, talk a big game but have nothing to show for it

I don't see anyone talk a big game. Do we have expectations? Absolutely. Pretty sure in my time at the club they've played multiple finals series, while winning twos and U19.5 flags.

Robbed of a great opportunity for a flag in 21 and not far behind Rupo in the washed out 2020 season.

I'm not sure what you have against the club, but maybe you could add the quoted part above to your sig.

Jeremy is a very solid player. Strong inside mid and absolute ripping person. Great pick up. Can only assume his good mate Victor is also heading out to Wallan. Both will give you 💯 every week. Victor has had some injuries of late but his an absolute bull. If his at his best look out in this competition

Was announced earlier in week that Victor has signed at Wallan

They'd win your Div 3 and finish mid-table in Div 2. Riddell and Diggers would do the same maybe even go 1 better in Div 2.

I don't see anyone talk a big game. Do we have expectations? Absolutely. Pretty sure in my time at the club they've played multiple finals series, while winning twos and U19.5 flags.

Robbed of a great opportunity for a flag in 21 and not far behind Rupo in the washed out 2020 season.

I'm not sure what you have against the club, but maybe you could add the quoted part above to your sig.
I've watched Wallan multiple times this year, and there no way they would go with Fitzroy Stars, OP's, or Mernda. Maybe those three sides would be good hit outs in the pre season. RDFL is comparable to divison 3 NFNL.

I've watched Wallan multiple times this year, and there no way they would go with Fitzroy Stars, OP's, or Mernda. Maybe those three sides would be good hit outs in the pre season. RDFL is comparable to divison 3 NFNL.

All IYO which is fine. At the end of the day you simply can't compare properly.

Wallan would win division 3 mate.
Having watched Mernda, Wallan and Whittelsea all this year, they would beat Mernda by 10+ goals, but would be 10+ goals off whittelsea.
Would be close behind or on par with your St Mary’s, Lower and Thomastown in division 2, but well out of touch with the top 3 like the rest of division 2 was this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aucklander don't have anything against Wallan, nothing wrong in saying they have under performed since going back to RDFNL. They have the biggest population to draw from ( yes Melton is bigger but they have several teams in the town)
Yes it's great to win reserves and 19's flags but I am talking about senior premiership, and for them not to have won one since coming back to RDFNL is very disappointing
Hopefully for the Magpies 2025 can be there year

Aucklander don't have anything against Wallan, nothing wrong in saying they have under performed since going back to RDFNL. They have the biggest population to draw from ( yes Melton is bigger but they have several teams in the town)
Yes it's great to win reserves and 19's flags but I am talking about senior premiership, and for them not to have won one since coming back to RDFNL is very disappointing
Hopefully for the Magpies 2025 can be there year
I guess the point is, you keep saying it: we get it.

BlueJet was answering their question.
So defensive

Shit happens. The best, or biggest, doesn't always win the comp, like in 21. From what I could see the only one talking up the big game in 2024 was a bloke who I doubt even supports the team.

Riddell were the best team in the comp in 2024 and I don't see any shame at all in losing to them on GF day. Hopefully it makes the Wallan more determined to go one better in 25.

Agree Auk, Riddell with that list were always gonna win 24, I mean no disrespect to Skip but in the famous words of Shane Keith Warne “the coach is the the thing we drive in to go to the game”. That team could have been coached by a monkey and still won it.
As mentioned in the case of Wallan getting stars mid season it’s a true miracle they had spare cap money for Darby to come in. Great accounting I guess or creative.

Heard Whispers around Gisborne that Giants have landed a ball magnet from Woodend, announced shortly I heard. Gets regular large possessions and was RDFNL toty, former VFL and would know the coach from Sumba Lions I guess.

Setting up a great culture with Pickett
Junior parents would love their kids looking up to him!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You do realise he only played AFL last month so what’s your problem. If true it’s a super pick up but pretty sure his currently in Darwin so did South people fly up there on a junket type holiday 🫢😉😜😜

Heard Whispers around Gisborne that Giants have landed a ball magnet from Woodend, announced shortly I heard. Gets regular large possessions and was RDFNL toty, former VFL and would know the coach from Sumba Lions I guess.
That whisper went around a few months ago. I was starting to doubt the rumour, as Giants have made several other signing announcements.

Agree Auk, Riddell with that list were always gonna win 24, I mean no disrespect to Skip but in the famous words of Shane Keith Warne “the coach is the the thing we drive in to go to the game”. That team could have been coached by a monkey and still won it.

Those Rupo boys and they were among their best in 2023, made all the difference. I'm not sure they win without them. I wonder how many are staying? Galea's a yes I see. Maybe Professor Pericles can help us out there.

As mentioned in the case of Wallan getting stars mid season it’s a true miracle they had spare cap money for Darby to come in. Great accounting I guess or creative.

Probably the same way Swan plays around Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2025 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back